Seriously No Politics ×

Covid: Trump, the Nation, and Anything

1 minute ago, bluebell said:

No updates on Trump yet today?  

Just a report that the President and his doctors are deciding whether he should go home.

This also came out but take with a shaker of salt considering the source:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/don-jr-thinks-trump-is-acting-crazy-presidents-covid-joyride-has-family-divided

The White House does leak like crazy but I am unsure if there is more than a tidbits of truth in there. Or the whole thing could be a lie. The publication has a "Mostly Factual" rating at my favorite news rating site and has earned this rating. Note: This is not a good rating.

There was a report last night that he was eating a lot which was spun as good news but at least one of the medications he is taking increases appetite so it may not be. He also appears to be giddy based on his tweets which is also expected considering his medication. I really think he should have turned the government over to the VP for a few days.

If reports are to be believed he might be in an upswing but that does not mean a lot at this point. A lot of people who get Covid get better, get worse, get better, get worse, etc. If there is another downswing it will probably be worse than the first but with the details sketchy we do not know how bad the first downswing was.

27 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

It is like they were all daring the Universe to do this to them.

During the debate, Trumps family and many of his supporters refused to were masks.  Even when an official reminded them of the mask rule for the venue.  Ivanka ignored the reminder as did others.  It shows a privileged disregard for rules.  This is not the kind of example that should be set for our nation.  

28 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I talked with my doctor and he said there is no ‘stamping it out’ at this point.

It’s too widespread. It will come back upon reopening. A vaccine is the answer.

With school opening and more widespread testing, the numbers were sure to go up. 

Even with more cases, and opened schools, in my county we have only had 2 deaths since the end of July. 

The evidence seems obvious at this point.  The numbers go down and then as soon as things open up again they go back up.  At one point this summer Wyoming had 6 cases I think in the entire state.  They are back up again, higher than they've ever been (if I'm reading the info correctly).

11 minutes ago, sunstoned said:

I wish there would be more attention paid to...the medical professional from this administration. 

Oh, be fair!  Stella Immanuel is a medical professional.  

And Scott Atlas is a Neuroradiologist! and is therefore the perfect candidate to be our President's advisor on Covid, infectious disease, and public health.

5 minutes ago, sunstoned said:

During the debate, Trumps family and many of his supporters refused to were masks.  Even when an official reminded them of the mask rule for the venue.  Ivanka ignored the reminder as did others.  It shows a privileged disregard for rules.  This is not the kind of example that should be set for our nation.  

It is a privileged mindset, because they know if they do get it, they'll get the best possible treatment with every treatment option available hours after the first fever shows up if they want.  That's not reality for regular Americans.

48 minutes ago, longview said:

Not only an insane policy but also very harmful.  Many small businesses are not able to hang on but get wiped out never to come back.  Many families get severely stressed out because of the confinement.  Suicide and divorce rates have gone up.  Drug use has increased.  Young people get cheated out of their education and development even though statistics show youth brackets (ages 5 thru 40) have survival rates of 99.9% or better.  It is no longer a pandemic.  We now need to treat it the same way Obama treated the SARS outbreak.

The SARs outbreak ended in 2004. Did you mean some other disease from that family?

Your argument that it is no longer a pandemic seems to be based on the idea that the economy, society, and our education system cannot deal with a pandemic so it has to be over. That is not a rational reason for it to be over when it is still spreading. 210,000 dead in the US and projected to be somewhere between 300,000 to 400,000 by the end of the year. It is not over.

11 minutes ago, bluebell said:

It is a privileged mindset, because they know if they do get it, they'll get the best possible treatment with every treatment option available hours after the first fever shows up if they want.  That's not reality for regular Americans.

I think it is because everyone in the hall was supposed to have a negative test and they were six feet away from others. 

I agree that everyone in America should have the right to try early treatments available to the President. Elitism with healthcare treatments is not okay so your doctor should be able to treat you aggressively as well.

11 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I agree that everyone in America should have the right to try early treatments available to the President. 

Absolutely not.  We don't want to go back in time when drugs didn't need to be tested before being sold to the American public. 

13 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

Elitism with healthcare treatments is not okay so your doctor should be able to treat you aggressively as well.

Trump should have waited like the rest of Americans. That would be a much safer solution to the elitism problem.  

15 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I think it is because everyone in the hall was supposed to have a negative test and they were six feet away from others. 

I think that was the general rule for everyone...yet everyone else wore masks as asked. 

8 minutes ago, bsjkki said:

I agree that everyone in America should have the right to try early treatments available to the President. Elitism with healthcare treatments is not okay so your doctor should be able to treat you aggressively as well.

I thought you could be negative and still be infectious? I thought that was common knowledge.

Texas is one of the three states that have gone down in cases, but I take little comfort in 7000 per day. Back when we were “closed down” there were less than 1000 per day, sometimes way less. Of course Governor Abbott kisses up to Trump and we are still a very red state. I don’t think that genie is going back into the bottle. 

Edited by Peacefully