Heard Any Rumors of General Conference Announcements?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:52 PM, Ahab said:

Ah, I think see now.  You're one of those people who would rather cast an aspersion on jello.  Either that or on cream of asparagus soup, which is essentially cream with asparagus in it.  Either that or on cream cheese, or on veggies, or on mayonnaise.

I've heard about people like you.

And I live in Washington state, and I plan to probably make that concoction sometime in the near future, with smoked salmon in it.  So go ahead and call the Police! I won't bother to invite you to my party. 

Just think of it!  We could have maybe eaten this together while watching General Conference together!  But No!  You would rather cast an aspersion on this concoction when we could have been happy together!

Don't you mean, "cast asparagus"?

"ASPARAGUUUUUS!!!"

image.png.642340fef223d51d192e9b88eacbc166.png

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Bede said:

It didn’t get richer from me. The church has money so it can do these things. It’s also one of the leading providers of emergency supplies when natural disasters occur. It’s also one of the biggest charities. I know you have some sort of weird axe to grind, but dude, get a new hobby.

Yes.  The bolded is exactly my point.  The Church's goal is money and since it has it, they can use it in various ways.  If the Church would have lost money by giving you money, it likely would not have given you money.  The indirect positive is, the Church can tout it gives to the poor, in order for it to get in return far more than it gives away.  

On 9/12/2020 at 12:54 PM, gav said:

Karma?

Maybe.  The Church certainly takes in far more than it gives away....I mean far more.  Either it's getting it's just returns by God infringing on human agency, or karma, or random chance, or they have so embraced the worldly ways, the ones they heavily preach against, that they are using all of their resources to play the worldly ways and maximize their returns.

It appears the latter is true.  It's an odd goal for a Church in theory but lets face it, it's the game all the Churches either try to play or want to play.  The LDS Church is just really good at it...not that there aren't others also benefitting in similar fashion.  

Edited by stemelbow
15 hours ago, CV75 said:

Don't you mean, "cast asparagus"?

"ASPARAGUUUUUS!!!"

image.png.642340fef223d51d192e9b88eacbc166.png

👌

Edited by Bernard Gui
1 hour ago, stemelbow said:

Yes.  The bolded is exactly my point.  The Church's goal is money and since it has it, they can use it in various ways.  If the Church would have lost money by giving you money, it likely would not have given you money.  The indirect positive is, the Church can tout it gives to the poor, in order for it to get in return far more than it gives away.  

We have a saying in Addiction Recovery...”You can’t feed anyone from an empty basket.”

• Like 4