Heard Any Rumors of General Conference Announcements?

33 minutes ago, nuclearfuels said:

I haven't heard any which seems odd...

I have to admit that searching for GC rumors is a guilty pleasure of mine and I haven’t found any for October. Perhaps it is because there aren’t many rumors that could top what has happened this year (home church, temples shut down, etc.) because of Covid-19. 

• Like 4

I was wondering the same thig, but have heard el zippo. I suspect trials and tribulations will be made a mention

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Duncan said:

I was wondering the same thig, but have heard el zippo. I suspect trials and tribulations will be made a mention

:shok::mega_shok::blink:

• Like 1

It's official!  We're movin'!  President Nelson is leadin' the caravan back to Missouri!  We're all s'posta meet in the Church parking lot on Saturday, October 31, and each group will join up with the caravan as it rolls on past!  (Man, I feel sorry for any north- or southbound traffic that'll wanna make it to the other side of that spectacle!)

Edited by Kenngo1969
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

It's official!  We're movin'!  President Nelson is leadin' the caravan back to Missouri!  We're all s'posta meet in the Church parking lot on Saturday, October 31, and each group will join up with the caravan as it rolls on past!  (Man, I feel sorry for any north- or southbound traffic that'll wanna make it to the other side of that spectacle!)

I admit.  I'd love it if the Church came out with something.  It's been a while since they tried to be interesting.  From waffling on the name, to waffling on LGBTQ, to missionary age changes to bolster numbers, to cutting back on meetings to save space and resources, to cutting back on spending to save more, to holding on to many billions hoping to built itself into the world's largest conglomerate corporation ever, to everything else in between, I'm finding the claim to inspiration pretty uninspired these days.  I mean I guess trying to be the richest ever carries some level of gravitas in terms of inspiration--it ain't easy to get to that goal and the Church has managed to get pretty filthy rich so it can gift it to Jesus when He shows up.  Now that I'm thinking about it, buying Jesus' affection doesn't sound all that novel after all, but still it takes a lot of focused energy to get as rich as the Church is.  Kinda zeroed in on a goal there.  I'm guessing that goal is still at the forefront.  It makes ya wonder how inspired they can be when they are so intent on one thing.  

Ok.  Though I don't see any evidence for inspired, I do find it all interesting at least.  

6 hours ago, stemelbow said:

,,, Ok.  Though I don't see any evidence for inspired, I do find it all interesting at least.  

1 Corinthians 2:11?

I'll start one.  General Conference will be broadcast again this year and the audience is expected to stay at least 6' away from any stranger. And it will be on the first weekend of October this year, too.  If you have any questions ask God.

3 hours ago, 2BizE said:

I heard it is going to be online again.  
I also heard the floral arrangement will be titled “Turnip Salad”

How do you think this will differ from the usual tossed salad? 

Considering that next year’s SS curriculum has a lesson on the Proclamation on the Family, I expect it to be officially canonized.  If not in October (since it’s going to be virtual again), then in April.

• Like 1

who knows what announcements they'll make beyond new temples. It seems covid has blown up everything now and new and novel ways of doing things seems (I suspect) has already happened. I am intrigued by the changes to the endowment , whatever they are I look forward to it

• Like 1

Some people desire something new or exciting every 6 months.  I see new and "exciting" stuff all around us.  Exciting stuff not in the sense it makes me happy but exciting in the sense that we keep slowly, inching closer to the 2nd coming.  Look at all the stuff that has happened in the last year.  Large fires in various parts of the world.  A moderate pandemic.  Civil strife, growing tensions especially with China.  Many see 2020 to be a bad year and they just can't wait to get to 2021.  Who says 2021 will be a better year?  I suspect that as we keep moving forward,. things will get worse and worse.  A few good years sprinkled in with many more bad years.  I predict by 2035, many will look at 2020 as a year that was not that bad.  The sermons of the scriptures and prophets from the past are going to get louder and louder as time progresses.  If we all want the 2nd coming to occur, we have to pass through the great storms first.  It will not happen any other way. 

Edited by carbon dioxide
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, Traela said:

Considering that next year’s SS curriculum has a lesson on the Proclamation on the Family, I expect it to be officially canonized.  If not in October (since it’s going to be virtual again), then in April.

OD 3 or D&C 139?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, juliann said:

How do you think this will differ from the usual tossed salad? 

It will have less broccoli and more turnip, perhaps even parsnip as they are under appreciated root vegetables....

22 hours ago, Traela said:

We have had lessons on it before.

I think they will declare that zombies are soulless abominations and that killing them is not a sin. I know there is no zombie apocalypse yet but the way 2020 is going I expect one in the next month.

• Like 3