Seriously No Politics ×

Heard Any Rumors of General Conference Announcements?

55 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Molded Asparagus Salad

I needed to see a picture because my mind was having a very hard time imagining a tasty looking molded asparagus salad.   Still not easy but the picture helps a little bit.

No. 

8 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

No. 

What's not to like?  I might also want to add some smoked salmon to it.

Molded Asparagus Salad

• 1 cup sliced fresh asparagus
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup diced green pepper
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
  • 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • Celery leaves
  • Chopped pimientos
  • Lemon slice
22 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Molded Asparagus Salad

Looks about as appetizing as a nice hefty serving of abdominal adipose tissue (it has a strange resemblance).  And that is exactly what it will likely turn into after looking at the ingredients.  How they get away with calling this asparagus salad is beyond me. 

Edited by pogi
15 minutes ago, pogi said:

Looks about as appetizing as a nice hefty serving of abdominal adipose tissue (it has a strange resemblance).  And that is exactly what it will likely turn into after looking at the ingredients.  How they get away with calling this asparagus salad is beyond me. 

It's getting to the point where I feel like I can't take you to any of my parties.  But that's okay.  It just means I'll have more to enjoy while you will miss out.  I think I would rather call it a smoked salmon and asparagus dip, though, after I add smoked salmon to it.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

What's not to like?  I might also want to add some smoked salmon to it.

Molded Asparagus Salad

• 1 cup sliced fresh asparagus
  • 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of asparagus soup, undiluted
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
  • 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup diced green pepper
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
  • 2 teaspoons diced pimientos
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • Celery leaves
  • Chopped pimientos
  • Lemon slice

Lemon Jello with asparagus soup. 
Nope.

Doing that to smoked salmon is a capital offense in Washington. Somebody get a rope. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
2 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Lemon Jello with asparagus soup. 
Nope.

Doing that to smoked salmon is a capital offense in Washington. 

Ah, I think see now.  You're one of those people who would rather cast an aspersion on jello.  Either that or on cream of asparagus soup, which is essentially cream with asparagus in it.  Either that or on cream cheese, or on veggies, or on mayonnaise.

I've heard about people like you.

And I live in Washington state, and I plan to probably make that concoction sometime in the near future, with smoked salmon in it.  So go ahead and call the Police! I won't bother to invite you to my party. 

Just think of it!  We could have maybe eaten this together while watching General Conference together!  But No!  You would rather cast an aspersion on this concoction when we could have been happy together!

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

Ah, I think see now.  You're one of those people who would rather cast an aspersion on jello.  Either that or on cream of asparagus soup, which is essentially cream with asparagus in it.  Either that or on cream cheese, or on veggies, or on mayonnaise.

I've heard about people like you.

And I live in Washington state, and I plan to probably make that concoction sometime in the near future, with smoked salmon in it.  So go ahead and call the Police! I won't bother to invite you to my party. 

Just think of it!  We could have maybe eaten this together while watching General Conference together!  But No!  You would rather cast an aspersion on this concoction when we could have been happy together!

Not at all. I love Jello. I also love chocolate eclairs...maybe too much! But I don't smother them with sautéed onions and eat them slathered in catsup and dijon mustard.

Smoked salmon, besides being very expensive, must be treated with great respect. It is offensive to wash your hands after eating a chunk.

I would be happy to sit through Conference with you while eating a big jar of kimchee. I'm in Puyallup...you? There are some great Korean restaurants on South Tacoma Way just a couple of miles away...........

Edited by Bernard Gui
17 hours ago, Bede said:

Hey Stem: when I was unemployed for a whole year the church paid my mortgage and fed my family, so get that sh** outta here. You have no clue what you’re talking about. 

Hey bede, looks like you set up an ugly non sequitur.  Why is it I don't know what im taling about if the church helped you?  Indeed it seems the church got a lot richer the very year it supported you., no?  

Edited by stemelbow
On 9/11/2020 at 7:31 PM, stemelbow said:

Indeed it seems the church got a lot richer the very year it supported you., no?  

Karma?

On 9/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, Bede said:

Hey Stem: when I was unemployed for a whole year the church paid my mortgage and fed my family, so get that sh** outta here. You have no clue what you’re talking about. 

You're one of the lucky ones, some bishops have turned people away, or I've heard. I've been in callings that if someone needed help they were to help back, which is fine, was this asked of you? This particular situation was to clean the church before members starting doing this. Which again is fine, for the recipient to feel better especially. But what about the stipulation that one must pay their tithes, so that forces one to not be able to pay some bills in order to pay tithing, so the church should be obligated to help out when the occasion occurs. I'm sure the many years you've paid tithing, the church's billions earned millions of interest. But glad you were able to keep your home and feed your family, I'm being sincere. 

On 9/11/2020 at 9:48 AM, Maidservant said:

I don't know if they will talk about it or have it ready by this conference, but the church is preparing an Emotional Resilience Manual, to help members be prepared and whole emotionally. I feel this is great because I have often wanted the Church to get into the details of how to really be healed instead of vague religious efforts.

I hope you’re right. I guess time will tell. But I, for one, would welcome more from the Church in the way of self-help instruction for emotional healing. 

Years ago, Elder Boyd K. Packer (how I miss him and his candid, no-nonsense approach) warned of what he saw as a growing epidemic of “counselitis” in the Church, an inclination to go running off to some therapist or other when what was really needed was greater self-initiative based on personal understanding. In all too many instances, Elder Packer said, the help that was offered exacerbated the very problem it purported to cure. 

On 9/11/2020 at 11:31 AM, stemelbow said:

Hey bede, looks like you set up an ugly non sequitur.  Why is it I don't know what im taling about if the church helped you?  Indeed it seems the church got a lot richer the very year it supported you., no?  

It didn’t get richer from me. The church has money so it can do these things. It’s also one of the leading providers of emergency supplies when natural disasters occur. It’s also one of the biggest charities. I know you have some sort of weird axe to grind, but dude, get a new hobby.

16 hours ago, Tacenda said:

You're one of the lucky ones, some bishops have turned people away, or I've heard. I've been in callings that if someone needed help they were to help back, which is fine, was this asked of you? This particular situation was to clean the church before members starting doing this. Which again is fine, for the recipient to feel better especially. But what about the stipulation that one must pay their tithes, so that forces one to not be able to pay some bills in order to pay tithing, so the church should be obligated to help out when the occasion occurs. I'm sure the many years you've paid tithing, the church's billions earned millions of interest. But glad you were able to keep your home and feed your family, I'm being sincere. 

I doubt that’s true. There is no reason for me to be “lucky.” I don’t have any special properties or live in any special area to be lucky.

1 hour ago, Bede said:

I doubt that’s true. There is no reason for me to be “lucky.” I don’t have any special properties or live in any special area to be lucky.

I should not have used the word "lucky" I guess. It's just that every bishop is different, that's more what I meant. 

Edited by Tacenda