Seriously No Politics ×

Countdown to Kickoff

Garden Girl

9 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Zac Wilson to Tight End Carter Wheat for the touchdown! 

:yahoo: 14-7, Cougs!!! :yahoo: 

The Cougs' defense held, and they've got the ball back!

Louisiana Tech had the Cougs where they wanted 'em, but Carter Wheat with the 2nd effort got the 1st down!

23 yards to Gunnar Romney for the TD!!!!!  (They reviewed it and nullified the touchdown! :()

They handed it off to Algeier from inside the 1, and he muscled it in!  Mr. Algeier is an ox!!!!!!

Cougs got the ball back with less than two minutes left in the half, and marched right down the field:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Gunner Romney with the touchdown!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: 

28-7!!!!

"What's up with all of the emoticons, Ken?"

I'm trying to make up for the COVID-19 lack of fans in the stadium!!! :D 

P.S.: I hope Garden Girl's OK, with this #$!@!!! virus going around! :( 

P.P.S:  She just visited 4 hours ago!  Cat got yer tongue, Garden Girl?! :D 

Zac was just going to throw a pass, but something in the coverage made him say, "OK, better not throw that one," so he pulled it down and ran it in.  35-7. :D:D 

Edited by Kenngo1969

Another TD!  45-7.  (Oh, yeah: "Jake the Snake" um, I mean, "Jake the Make" Oldroyd's field goal is in there somewhere, too!) :D 

"Whattaya mean, 'lack of fans in the stadium'?  Mitt Romney's there, Steve Young, Jim McMahon, Karl Malone (sorry we're beatin' up on yer alma mater, Karl! :(;):D), John Stockton, Marie Osmond ...  I wonder where Donny and the rest of the gang are!

20 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Cougs got the ball back with less than two minutes left in the half, and marched right down the field:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: Gunner Romney with the touchdown!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: 

28-7!!!!

P.S.: I hope Garden Girl's OK, with this #$!@!!! virus going around! :( 

P.P.S:  She just visited 4 hours ago!  Cat got yer tongue, Garden Girl?! :D 

I'm fine... actually doing quite well... I must say, I am really apprehensive because I'm 80 yrs old with underlying health issues... and this virus could kill me, so I try to go out not more than once weekly to buy food for me and Susie-Cat, and get my mail...  I loved the game last night... this may be the best team in a long time.  

GG

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Garden Girl said:

I'm fine... actually doing quite well... I must say, I am really apprehensive because I'm 80 yrs old with underlying health issues... and this virus could kill me, so I try to go out not more than once weekly to buy food for me and Susie-Cat, and get my mail...  I loved the game last night... this may be the best team in a long time.  

GG

I'm glad! :friends:

Stay safe! :huh:

:yahoo: And, Go, Cougs!!! :yahoo:

Quite a bit of a squeaker against UTSA!  :huh:

I guess the Cougs are human, after all.  Wait ... :huh:  Cougars are human? :unknw:

Well, they are if they're older women seeking younger men! :D:rofl::D

But that's another story for another day! ;):D

And I know what you mean about being high-risk/vulnerable.  Largely, I've removed myself from circulation, as well.  I know I already said it, but it's worth saying more than once: Stay safe!!!

Edited by Kenngo1969

A good game!! BYU prevails... 43 to 26...  Houston picked up steam for awhile, but Zack Wilson was unflappable... The camera zoomed in on Wilson and I was struck at how young he looks... a handsome young man... and really a talented quarterback... 

GG

12 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

A good game!! BYU prevails... 43 to 26...  Houston picked up steam for awhile, but Zack Wilson was unflappable... The camera zoomed in on Wilson and I was struck at how young he looks... a handsome young man... and really a talented quarterback... 

GG

The Red Cougs were supposed to be the team that exposed the Blue Cougs for who they really are, after the Boys from Provo played alla them cupcakes on the schedule! :huh::unknw:

I don't mind tellin' ya, I thought that was exactly what the Red Cougs were gonna do, there for awhile!!*

:yahoo: Go, [(B)lue] Cougs! :yahoo:

* P.S.: At least, that's what I thought the Red Cougs were gonna do ... until the Blue Cougs went on a 29-0 scoring run in the second half! ;)  Sorry, Dave Rose!  (He's a University of Houston alum! ;))

Edited by Kenngo1969
19 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

GG

@Garden Girl

Are you in love? :wub:

Sorry! ;)  Couldn't resist! :D

I'm happy... ESPNU is going to rebroadcast the Houston game at 9:00 P.M. tonight... so I get to enjoy the Cougs again... I've had about all the news I can stand so it will be a welcome break... just to get in my jammies and snuggle into my big chair with Susie-cat and enjoy my Cougs!!  

GG

29 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

I'm happy... ESPNU is going to rebroadcast the Houston game at 9:00 P.M. tonight... so I get to enjoy the Cougs again... I've had about all the news I can stand so it will be a welcome break... just to get in my jammies and snuggle into my big chair with Susie-cat and enjoy my Cougs!!  

GG

Watching the Kitties with your kitty in your jammies? ;):D

Sounds delightful! :D

• 3 weeks later...

38-3, Cougs!

It looked like Boise State had the Cougs figured out in the first half, as BYU was running all of the plays that made Jeff Grimes look like a genius against inferior competition ... except Boise State isn't inferior competition.

P.S.: :yahoo: 45-3!  Neil Pau'u with the Touchdown!!! :yahoo: 

Edited by Kenngo1969

What a game...  I'm happy!  BYU wins... 51 to 17.  The whole team played wonderfully... but Zach Wilson is special... I think this is the first time we have won on the blue field...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
8 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

What a game...  I'm happy!  BYU wins... 51 to 17.  The whole team played wonderfully... but Zach Wilson is special... I think this is the first time we have won on the blue field...

GG

Tru dat!  Tru dat!  (What?  What did I just say, you ask?  Oh.  Umm ... sorry. :huh::unknw:  That was "Gangsta Kenngo1969" talking ...  Umm ... )  [In a much more appropriate voice, perhaps a dulcet Baritone] Yes, My Beloved Sister, Garden Girl, I Do Believe You Are Correct!

:D:rofl::D

9 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

GG

For the time I watched, they played very well! I'm not a big fan of football, I guess I should learn about the game and it's rules, then I might like it better. Of course I hate the possibility of head injuries affecting them for life. :( But I was impressed at how well they played and they got some great compliments by the sports announcers as well.

I wonder if they miss the crowds in the stands, and also wonder if there is a fake crowd's tape, do you know? It does help while watching the game. Also, I like the campus at Boise, it is near my son's house. 

6 hours ago, Tacenda said:

also wonder if there is a fake crowd's tape, do you know? I

There were 1100 fans present, so depending on where they placed mics and probably how the sound engineers could bring out the noise that was there, they probably didn’t need a fake tape. 

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/news/local/208/central-district-health-explains-the-exception-to-allow-limited-fans-at-boise-state-football-game/277-93f47b41-5bae-49c6-a7b3-307d82503c37

Assuming there was social distancing by households, give it was outside and the stadium good size, I don’t see an issue there. 

But NFL has growing numbers of positive players, so I hope BYU and other college teams are being very, very careful. 

Edited by Calm
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody else see BYU rout Westminster in men's basketball, 108-59?

:yahoo: Gooooooo, Cougars! :yahoo: 

Really good-looking team.  (Missed seeing Matt Haarms ... all 7'3" of him ... :blink: :shok: out with a sprained ankle.  Heal quickly, Mr. Haarms!)  They play New Orleans tomorrow!

Well, how do ya like that?!  We posted basically at the same time, Garden Girl!  (I knew you wouldn't let me down!) :D 

Go, Cougs!

I walked through the room and heard the screaming of fans...apparently they are piping the sound in and someone has to be sitting there making sure it is consistent with the game.  How did they do, any weird moments?  At least no swearing at refs I am guessing. :) 

Is that to get watchers more excited about the game or help players’ energy levels?  Both?

2 hours ago, Calm said:

I walked through the room and heard the screaming of fans...apparently they are piping the sound in and someone has to be sitting there making sure it is consistent with the game.  How did they do, any weird moments?  At least no swearing at refs I am guessing. :) 

Is that to get watchers more excited about the game or help players’ energy levels?  Both?

I think both... trying to make the most realistic sounds...

GG

14 hours ago, Calm said:

...  How did they do, any weird moments?  At least no swearing at refs I am guessing. :) 

What fun would a basketb(r)a(w)ll game be if no one swore at the refs?!  :huh: :unknw: 

;)  :D 

14 hours ago, Calm said:

My guess, never having played competitive sports, would be the former.