Seriously No Politics ×

10 hours ago, Calm said:

So are you making this stuff up?  And if so, what?  All your threads?

It was just funny (to me, at least). I am having trouble understanding your response to my reply to Ahab which made me laugh at that moment. 

Islander, I got confused when Ahab didn’t quote the person he was telling to stop making things up.  I confused you with the OPer and then thought he had confessed to making it up when you were just saying you couldn’t stop yourself from laughing....a much more understandable comment, btw. I was rather bewildered by the idea it was made up for trolling or something. 

My apologies. This last week has been brutal on sleep and I have a new medication that is adding major brain fog. Am appealing to insurance to change it back to the kind that only give me minor brain fog. 

On 8/27/2020 at 6:56 PM, CV75 said:

Likewise, a time capsule for everyone on a personal, community and national scale (liken the scriptures unto ourselves). In many respects geography can have quite an influence on the development of a civilization, which might be comparable between like geographies, all other things considered.

How are you applying the lessons learned to aid the American South (this needn't be accomplished with a direct appeal  to the tie-in with the Book of Mormon)?

The ancient Nephite society  and the American South, share very similar social divisions, one segment of the society regarded itself as righteous god fearing people, worthy of the bounty and mercies of God, while viewing the rest of the society as indolent, lazy and lacking in ambition. The despised portion of the society, viewed those who saw themselves as righteous, in a very different manner, rather as hypocrites and oppressors who enslaved and abused them .This atmosphere of hatred and division was never reconciled in the Nephite world, resulting in it’s extinction in a final battle at Cumorah. I would like to thing that a more honest application of the principles of Christianity, could save the American South from the cataclysmic of the Nephite  society. A society that has such a large population, disenfranchised by Slavery and Jim Crow laws, can only be saved by “ Genuine Christianity” , if not it will repeat what happened in ancient Cumorah. The descendants of slaves who were simply freed, and driven from the South into Northern Ghettos, must be offered tangible financial resources to build an economic future of their own. The wild Ghetto culture of kill or be killed, can be replaced by a socially responsible system, created in the South, and not in the Ghettos of the North. The alternative is written in the Book of Mormon.

16 hours ago, Jracforr said:

The ancient Nephite society  and the American South, share very similar social divisions, one segment of the society regarded itself as righteous god fearing people, worthy of the bounty and mercies of God, while viewing the rest of the society as indolent, lazy and lacking in ambition. The despised portion of the society, viewed those who saw themselves as righteous, in a very different manner, rather as hypocrites and oppressors who enslaved and abused them .This atmosphere of hatred and division was never reconciled in the Nephite world, resulting in it’s extinction in a final battle at Cumorah. I would like to thing that a more honest application of the principles of Christianity, could save the American South from the cataclysmic of the Nephite  society. A society that has such a large population, disenfranchised by Slavery and Jim Crow laws, can only be saved by “ Genuine Christianity” , if not it will repeat what happened in ancient Cumorah. The descendants of slaves who were simply freed, and driven from the South into Northern Ghettos, must be offered tangible financial resources to build an economic future of their own. The wild Ghetto culture of kill or be killed, can be replaced by a socially responsible system, created in the South, and not in the Ghettos of the North. The alternative is written in the Book of Mormon.

Which segment regards itself as god-fearing and favored? Whom to they despise?

Please describe the atmosphere of unreconciled hatred that pervades the society.

I think racial issues are more imbedded among everyone, and not just in the South. But in the case you are making, few will self-identify as favored (white supremacists) and most if not all the minority will self-identify as targets of racism and having felt its sting, on both personal and policy levels. But of these, very few are "black militants," to correspond to the supremacists. I think most whites will at least acknowledge that, but also fall short of doing much about it, whether due to a lack of awareness and understanding, willpower, interest, habit, etc., just as most blacks will work around or through it. After all, we have been at this since the 16th century.

I agree with President Nelson, that the personal aspect is covered by conversion to the Gospel, ideally the fullness of the Gospel. The policy aspect, which often guides the mores of society as much as reflects it (most people will get used to sound policy despite any difficulty with adjusting to it; at least they will abide, and their descendants will more fully accept it), takes a more secular approach which requires good science (social, political, economic, historical, etc.). Thus with the best of the Gospel and the best of the science (the “best books”) we can resolve these problems.

And what about the “Hagoths” (those that followed The Great Northern Migration)? They have as much a problem!  A major criticism is that their issues are largely ignored because they live where slavery was not practiced directly and there is no prejudice (ahem...),...at least manifest less obviously than in the South. I think the issues of racism and their resolution apply to them also.

You mention some specific solutions; I think the root of both religious and secular approaches (whatever they may be) must be the extension of opportunity in personal relationships and a society’s law and policy: “where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” – both spiritual and temporal (2 Corinthians 2:17, and the Book of Mormon certainly has a lot to say about liberty). I think any specific proposal needs to tie back to this principle of liberty, which needs to be retaught both religiously and civically.

I think this is a good example of applying the scriptures to your own circumstances (assuming you live in the South). Are there some specific actions you are taking that you are willing to share?

Edited by CV75

“ I think this is a good example of applying the scriptures to your own circumstances. “ 

The physical  identifications of the Book of Mormon Civilization with our own Civilization, may make the warnings and admonitions, real and personal for those who care to pay attention. There is a significant difference when we study the scriptures and think they apply to some long last Civilization, as against discovering  they apply to our generation. Both the Physical and Human Geography of the BOM, can be used to identify places and people in our modern era, who are actual Nephites, as well as those likened unto them, in other corresponding  parts of the world. 

3 minutes ago, Jracforr said:

“ I think this is a good example of applying the scriptures to your own circumstances. “ 

The physical  identifications of the Book of Mormon Civilization with our own Civilization, may make the warnings and admonitions, real and personal for those who care to pay attention. There is a significant difference when we study the scriptures and think they apply to some long last Civilization, as against discovering  they apply to our generation. Both the Physical and Human Geography of the BOM, can be used to identify places and people in our modern era, who are actual Nephites, as well as those likened unto them, in other corresponding  parts of the world. 

Yes, that is the premise of your thread. Assuming you live in the South. are there some specific actions you are taking that you are willing to share?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, CV75 said:

Yes, that is the premise of your thread. Assuming you live in the South. are there some specific actions you are taking that you are willing to share?

Identifying the Protestants of the American South, as well as those of South Africa as actual Nephites ,  living in “ Lands of Nephi” in the modern era, is as specific an action that anyone can take, to awaken a people to the danger they face, if their righteousness is less than that acceptable to God.

The  awakening of the other ethnic groups with whom they share the land, indicate the cyclical nature in which the Tribes of the Earth are brought to prominence, and tutored under the hand of God. The Tribal Divisions / Mansions in America or any other part of the Earth, will lawfully accommodate all whom God decree worthy to live in his Kingdom. If you walk according to the law you need not fear, if not be very afraid. 

Edited by Jracforr