Seriously No Politics ×

For Our Catholics Here....

Calm

I fall in the camp of art being art. It is why I can appreciate and be in complete awe of Giotto, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Fra Angelico, Veronese...and the list can go on and on. 

I enjoyed hearing the reason the company thought of using this particular piece of art. It is a different way of seeing it, but close to the way I see it.  

There is always an excitable bunch in every group. I wonder if all Catholics would be offended?  Heck, I remember having Bibles as a boy with artwork in them - they were not published by the Church. It did not make me want to throw them out because of the religion of the artist or what their church intended by the artwork. 

4 hours ago, Calm said:

Perhaps the gap isn't as big as we tend to think... ;) 

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/mormon-cover-art-sparks-row-for-catholic-publisher-56803

We share a taste in angels.

2 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

I fall in the camp of art being art. It is why I can appreciate and be in complete awe of Giotto, Caravaggio, Michelangelo, Fra Angelico, Veronese...and the list can go on and on. 

I enjoyed hearing the reason the company thought of using this particular piece of art. It is a different way of seeing it, but close to the way I see it.  

There is always an excitable bunch in every group. I wonder if all Catholics would be offended?  Heck, I remember having Bibles as a boy with artwork in them - they were not published by the Church. It did not make me want to throw them out because of the religion of the artist or what their church intended by the artwork. 

The new LDS logo is the "Christus" by a Lutheran named Thorvaldsen.  I haven't heard anyone complain.

5e8b7e8aa7bcd.image.jpg?crop=514,966,701