Covid II: Medical Info and Implications

5 hours ago, bsjkki said:

What is their vaccine availability like? I am wondering if this is planned to be the norm or whether it is reserving vaccines for adults first. They also might just be waiting for more data on vaccine effects on adolescents and children first.

49 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

What is their vaccine availability like? I am wondering if this is planned to be the norm or whether it is reserving vaccines for adults first. They also might just be waiting for more data on vaccine effects on adolescents and children first.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/coronavirus/cdc-to-meet-on-rare-heart-inflammation-following-covid-vaccines/ar-AAKV90N?ocid=uxbndlbing

"The CDC previously disclosed that reports of heart inflammation were detected mostly in younger men and teenage boys following their second dose, and that there was a "higher number of observed than expected" cases in 16- to 24-year-olds. Last month, the CDC urged providers to "ask about prior COVID-19 vaccination" in patients with symptoms of heart inflammation.

"Risk-benefit considerations to determine whether to issue an emergency use authorization for use of a COVID-19 vaccine into healthy pediatric individuals will need to account for this information, and risk-benefit consideration will likely be different, not only compared to those for adults, but also they may be different for younger versus older pediatric groups," Dr. Marion Gruber, director of the FDA's vaccine office, said at the meeting. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-myocarditis-heart-inflammation-cdc/

Edited by bsjkki

Numbers I last saw showed that teens were statistically more likely to suffer cardiovascular harm from getting Covid than they were to suffer an adverse vaccine reaction. That was after accounting for how rare it is for a teen to have a severe case.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Numbers I last saw showed that teens were statistically more likely to suffer cardiovascular harm from getting Covid than they were to suffer an adverse vaccine reaction. That was after accounting for how rare it is for a teen to have a severe case.

For those who are interested, here's the full report:  fda.gov/media/150054/download

And here are the numbers (about 0.002%):

Age group     Doses          Crude   Expected  Observed 
              Administered   rate    cases     cases

12–15 yrs     134,041        22.4     0–1      2 
16–17 yrs     2,258,932      35.0     2–19     79
18–24 yrs     9,776,719      20.6     8–83     196

Having not slogged through this entire thread, I don't know if this video was posted already or not. If it has, my apologies. It discusses the lingering post-recovery chronic symptoms people are reporting. The comments to the video are informative, too, in a scary way. This was brought to my attention by one of my sons who got Covid, has recovered, but still has lingering symptoms.

It makes it even more imperative to do what you can to avoid this disease.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

We have hit a depressing milestone. The total worldwide number of deaths due to Covid this year have surpassed the total in the whole of 2020. While most of the developed world is making some solid strides towards defeating the virus the world as a whole is still in a lot of trouble.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

We have hit a depressing milestone. The total worldwide number of deaths due to Covid this year have surpassed the total in the whole of 2020. While most of the developed world is making some solid strides towards defeating the virus the world as a whole is still in a lot of trouble.

And so many refuse to get the vaccine.

9 hours ago, Tacenda said:

And so many refuse to get the vaccine.

The 2021 Darwin Awards will have plenty of candidates.

• Like 1