Seriously No Politics ×

Covid II: Medical Info and Implications

10 hours ago, Calm said:

Because you think it is targeting the wrong people?

Let's say you are a left-leaning person but are hesitant to get the vaccine for any reason.  Every night on TV you hear how stupid, backwards, idiotic and dumb these crazy right-wing anti-vaxxer conspiracy nuts are.  But you aren't right wing.  You voted for Biden and hate Trump.  Why is the TV lying about people who haven't gotten the vaccine?

This tactic of ridiculing those who haven't gotten the vaccine is counterproductive.  It will only make the hesitant dig in their heels and create distrust.

10 minutes ago, Ipod Touch said:

Let's say you are a left-leaning person but are hesitant to get the vaccine for any reason.  Every night on TV you hear how stupid, backwards, idiotic and dumb these crazy right-wing anti-vaxxer conspiracy nuts are.  But you aren't right wing.  You voted for Biden and hate Trump.  Why is the TV lying about people who haven't gotten the vaccine?

This tactic of ridiculing those who haven't gotten the vaccine is counterproductive.  It will only make the hesitant dig in their heels and create distrust.

I am tired of the endless calls for better outreach and communication and “if we just tried to understand them…”

You may even be right that it might reach someone but emotionally I just don’t care. Too many of them are stupid, backward, idiotic, and dumb for me to want to bother to counter the narrative. I have also found that ridicule also serves a social function in pushing people away from stupid behavior. I also wonder if the news started reporting willfully unvaccinated deaths with a headline more along the lines of “Local moron ignores all advice and reason and kills self out of stupidity” whether that would make people more likely to get vaccinated. I have no idea if it would work but it seems logical.

Edited by The Nehor
6 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Too many of them are stupid, backward, idiotic, and dumb for me to want to bother to counter the narrative. I have also found that ridicule also serves a social function in pushing people away from stupid behavior.

Why are you calling black and brown people stupid and idiotic?  That's pretty damn racist.  Maybe you should read a book and educate yourself about why marginalized communities distrust white people telling them they are too stupid to make their own choices.  Especially when it comes to medical treatment.

Edited by Ipod Touch
7 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Too many of them are stupid, backward, idiotic, and dumb for me to want to bother to counter the narrative.

This is a ridiculous statement. You don't know these people.

I have also found that ridicule also serves a social function in pushing people away from stupid behavior.

It hasn't worked on you.

7 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

You may even be right that it might reach someone but emotionally I just don’t care.

And good grief, your melodrama is nauseating.  

If you want to live under a government that forces people to comply with what is best for them, there are plenty of places you can go.  Or perhaps you would like to be in Australia where the military is being used against their own people to enforce curfews and lockdowns.

Call me sentimental, but I'd rather live in a country where the government thugs aren't deployed to force my compliance.  And if that means living with some people who I believe are making poor medical choices, then so be it.  But one thing is for certain, me calling them stupid and idiotic isn't going to change a damn thing.

4 minutes ago, Ipod Touch said:

Why are you calling black and brown people stupid and idiotic?  That's pretty damn racist.  Maybe you should read a book and educate yourself about why marginalized communities distrust white people telling them they are too stupid to make their own choices.  Especially when it comes to medical treatment.

Nice try. Check my posts on the last page.

1 minute ago, T-Shirt said:

This is a ridiculous statement. You don't know these people.

If only I understood the death cultist’s point of view we could have come to some sort of understanding before he kills himself and possibly more people.

2 minutes ago, T-Shirt said:

It hasn't worked on you.

You need to up your ridicule game before you can realistically come to that conclusion.

And now for a return to the science. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9868943/COVID-survivors-one-vaccine-dose-antibody-levels-twice-high-two-doses.html

• COVID-19 survivors have antibody levels twice as high after one vaccine dose than people with no previous infection have after two doses, a new study found
  • The second vaccine dose had very little effect the antibody levels of COVID-19 survivors
  • Researchers believe that valuable vaccine doses could be saved by giving survivors only one dose

"What's more, antibody levels did not increase much between dose one and dose two for COVID-19 survivors.  

This means the world may be able to save doses, at least in the short term, by giving former Covid patients only one dose."

This thread will be locked. I will start a third one in a bit with a heavy reminder to keep out politics and such and stick to the medicine. 

I myself am frustrated by the issue of people not taking the vaccine, but if someone wants to discuss the motivations please start your own thread b