Seriously No Politics ×

Covid II: Medical Info and Implications

13 hours ago, Rain said:

Ì sorry, I don't remember- have you called whatever dept gave you the first? Could you possibly just show up and explain what is happening and hopefully they fit you in?

I'd bet, if'n I were a bettin' man ;), that more than a few people (unfortunately) are missing their appointments, and the vaccine, at least in some cases, is a "use-it-or-lose it" proposition.

1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Sorry for the political mini-rant.  I apologize and repent. 

If you actually repented, you would have deleted your post.   Repentance includes remorse and trying to remedy mistakes, prevent further damage, etc.  

Please don’t make a habit of political post on the thread. I will report them no matter who does them.

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Do you have to go through your HMO?  In Utah, the Health Department (along with the Utah National Guard: Thank you for your service, ladies and gentlemen!) is spearheading the effort. :unknw:  I wasn't asked anything about insurance.  I was asked for my ID, I filled out some paperwork, and that was it.

No the problem is not with the HMO- I went there because it was quicker and more definite.  The computer system is very overloaded, and worse,  the state government keeps chainging the priorities, for example AWAY from old folks TO low income neighborhoods.   And I am not saying tha low income neighborhoods do not need the vacine- POSSIBLY more than old folks.  BUT that does not help old folks.

So the HMO for me was the better way to go because you could at least get an appointment that was "eternal and unchaning" and something you did not have to stand in line for hours and then get denied because they ran out of vaccine.  Our Governor keeps chanigng the rules- and now there is quite a large movement going for his recall partially because of the way he has handled this all.

He dictates wearing masks and closes restaurants yet someone takes pictures of him at one of the most expensive restaurants in the world supposedly, dining with his buddies without masks.  https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-02-23/california-covid-vaccine-rollout-worsened-poor-planning

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/03/03/california-to-devote-40-of-vaccines-to-low-income-communities/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/calif-newsom-dinner-controversy-1.5807948

Edited by mfbukowski

For anyone in Boise, Albertsons pharmacy is the way to go. Since the J&J vaccine arrived, it’s been going like clockwork here. Don’t even bother with the St Lukes website though. I tried for over an hour there to get an appointment and they were out of the one-shot. My son was able to get me into Albertson’s for J&J  in five minutes.

1 hour ago, katherine the great said:

For anyone in Boise, Albertsons pharmacy is the way to go. Since the J&J vaccine arrived, it’s been going like clockwork here. Don’t even bother with the St Lukes website though. I tried for over an hour there to get an appointment and they were out of the one-shot. My son was able to get me into Albertson’s for J&J  in five minutes.

Tried that here and there is no availability. But, in Idaho, my family refuses to be vaccinated. A lot of people share that opinion in Idaho so availability may be easier.

2 hours ago, katherine the great said:

Eastern Idaho no doubt? Thats a different state than Boise.  It’s been very hard to get an appointment here until this third vaccine arrived. 

Nope. Boise. I tried finding one here but the wait is very long. 

2 minutes ago, katherine the great said:

Ugh. That stinks.  We started out terribly here in Idaho but I feel good about the distribution rate here now. 

I’m a Boise native! I wish we could move back. You’re housing prices are going crazy. Idaho is now the fastest growing state in the nation. 

Spouse and I went on line and registered for the Moderna 2 shot vaccine on Monday, We got to pick our appointment time the next day and got the shot on Thursday, No line up , had to sit in the car for 15 minutes after in case of side effects. My arm was sore for a couple of days. 

Get my first shot tomorrow. How protected will I be?

3 hours ago, katherine the great said:

Truly unbelievable. We’re being offered an insane amount of money for the acre of dirt next to our house. (very tempting...)

The fed says these interest rates will be locked in for a couple of years so demand should stay strong. If you can wait, wait. They should keep going up.

California refugees will keep on coming with piles of money

I was able to get my first shot on March 4.  I got Pfizer.  My wife got her first shot a few days later, but took Moderna.  I'll get dose #2 this coming Thursday. 

EDIT:  I was slightly tired and had a slight headache about 16 hours after my shot.  Not sure if that was a coincidence or if it was related.  My wife had a stomach ache about 24 hours after her first shot.  Also not sure if that's related or coincidence. 

Edited by DispensatorMysteriorum
2 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

The fed says these interest rates will be locked in for a couple of years so demand should stay strong. If you can wait, wait. They should keep going up.

California refugees will keep on coming with piles of money

You really threw me.  With my working with refugees I was thinking "what refugees do you have coming to California that have piles of money?!"  Took me a minute to work it out lol.

Some people have been very concerned about increased numbers of suicides during lockdowns.  Unfortunately those who get long term symptoms of Covid are struggling as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stephaniesarkis/2021/03/22/post-infection-symptoms-of-covid-19-are-increasing-rate-of-suicide/?sh=5f71c38c6344

For those who think tinnitus isn’t something to despair over, if you experienced it in significant amounts you would understand, I suspect.  Imagine a very loud high pitched squeal in your head you can’t turn off.  It is loud enough it interferes with hearing, sleep, thinking...

I don’t personally know how loud it can get, I definitely don’t want mine any louder.  I can’t stand ‘silence’ any more....because it is not, but a fan or music on 24/7 works.  I can still sleep, though poorly, on bad nights by having talking with some music in the background.  Allows me to concentrate on something besides the noise.

Good news though:

People that continue to have symptoms months after Covid-19 infections are known as “long-haul” patients. Some are reporting that their symptoms are decreasing and even resolving after receiving a Covid-19 vaccine. It is unknown why this phenomenon may be happening after receiving the vaccine. Hypotheses include that reservoirs of coronavirus in the body are finally being eliminated by T-cells boosted by the vaccine; “long-haul” symptoms resulting from an overactive autoimmune response may not have diverted autoimmune cells; and there may be a possible placebo effect from the vaccine

Edited by Calm
4 hours ago, Calm said:

Krispy Kreme wants to help...free glazed doughnut if you show them your vaccination card starting today until the end of the year.  If I am reading the small print correctly, you can go in once a day til New Year’s..

https://www.krispykreme.com/promos/vaccineoffer

Already being used by some to suggest that the vaccine is the MARK OF THE BEAST!!! Selling your soul for a donut. At least it is a Krispy Kreme so it is a pretty good donut.

11 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

I finally got an appointment for my second shot. I get it Saturday at 4:20 p.m.. it's 45 days after my first shot. I hope that's okay. It will have to do.

Good luck, Rod. :good:  👍