Seriously No Politics ×

Covid II: Medical Info and Implications

5 minutes ago, provoman said:

From my understand there was not a Thanksgiving spike in Utah, dont know why Utah might have a Christmas spike.

The US in general had a Thanksgiving spike about two weeks after Thanksgiving. Utah (and a few other states) got lucky and saw little increase. I see no reason to believe luck will happen again. Thanksgiving for most families is a few hours together. Christmas often involves days together. I hope I am wrong and there is no spike anywhere but I doubt it.

Well, Dr. Fauci has admittedly been moving the goalposts for the last year. He also thinks a higher percentage (upward of 90%) of herd immunity is needed. He just admittedly hasn't thought people are ready to hear it until now. 

All of the "hard shutdown" places spike when the shutdowns are lifted. California, which has the harshest measures in the country, is surging. We should do everything to increase and support hospital capacity and support, but the only real way out of this is herd immunity (via both vaccine and natural exposure). Our Austrian friend told us today that Austria is locking down for the third time. Australia and New Zealand are often held up as examples of places that have eradicated it, but when restrictions are lifted, there it goes again. Even Antartica just got 36 cases (how many scientists are there in Antartica total?).

Edited by rongo
2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Heaven save us from this madness. We are having the equivalent of a 9/11 attack in Covid deaths almost every day now and people are still trying to pretend it is just the flu.

Yes, a few might game the system but are you seriously arguing that the fraud is on this big a scale?

I am not stalking your post. I read you post, then I commented about a potential surge in Utah; then browsed to random website and saw a glimpse of the making of a conspiracy.

The unversity medical center if el paso did a public news conference of medical staff receiving the vaccine; however one of the nurse appeared to not have receieved it during the news conference

https://cbs4local.com/news/coronavirus/mishap-occurs-during-covid-19-vaccination-of-umc-nurses

The random video i saw was a collection of vaccine administration videos porpurting to show that it is being staged, and people are not receiving the vaccine, syringes without needles or empty syringes being held to peoples arms.

8 minutes ago, rongo said:

Well, Dr. Fauci has admittedly been moving the goalposts for the last year. He also thinks a higher percentage (upward of 90%) of herd immunity is needed. He just admittedly hasn't thought people are ready to hear it until now. 

All of the "hard shutdown" places spike when the shutdowns are lifted. California, which has the harshest measures in the country, is surging. We should do everything to increase and support hospital capacity and support, but the only real way out of this is herd immunity (via both vaccine and natural exposure). Our Austrian friend told us today that Austria is locking down for the third time. Australia and New Zealand are often held up as examples of places that have eradicated it, but when restrictions are lifted, there it goes again. Even Antartica just got 36 cases (how many scientists are there in Antartica total?).

Well shutdowns should work. But on a philosophical level they cant work in the United. 

As I understand it, New Zealanders recieved 80% of their pay during their first lockdown.

I can't imagine Congress appropriating money for all non-essentials to recieve 80% of the pay during a lockdown, much less a State doing so. I do know that California has some form of tenant relief right now, but there are requirements to qualify.

20 minutes ago, provoman said:

Well shutdowns should work. But on a philosophical level they cant work in the United. 

As I understand it, New Zealanders recieved 80% of their pay during their first lockdown.

I can't imagine Congress appropriating money for all non-essentials to recieve 80% of the pay during a lockdown, much less a State doing so. I do know that California has some form of tenant relief right now, but there are requirements to qualify.

New Zealand and Australia are almost back to normal with localized regulations only (except some restrictions on very large gatherings). We could be at that stage too but we didn't make the choices necessary to realistically have it as a possibility. The old Primary lessons about making choices but not choosing the consequences of those actions keep ringing in my ears. I have friends in Europe and Asia and they are all confused. In the rest of the world there is a lot of political disagreement about how to cope with the pandemic and the friction of individual rights, economic needs, and public health concerns which is the policy discussions that should be happening. In the US we can't even get consensus that there actually is a pandemic which is baffling to them. I sympathize. It is baffling to me.

I can imagine Congress doing that. I ran through a few nations. Canada is at up to $2000 a month, Japan is matching up to 100% of paychecks. Norway up to 90%. Belgium up to 87%. France up to 84%. UK up to 80%. Italy up to 80%. US had one stimulus and a moratorium for some people that was just kicking the can down the road.

37 minutes ago, provoman said:

I am not stalking your post. I read you post, then I commented about a potential surge in Utah; then browsed to random website and saw a glimpse of the making of a conspiracy.

The unversity medical center if el paso did a public news conference of medical staff receiving the vaccine; however one of the nurse appeared to not have receieved it during the news conference

https://cbs4local.com/news/coronavirus/mishap-occurs-during-covid-19-vaccination-of-umc-nurses

The random video i saw was a collection of vaccine administration videos porpurting to show that it is being staged, and people are not receiving the vaccine, syringes without needles or empty syringes being held to peoples arms.

Yep, a vast conspiracy involving several major drug companies, Congress, the FDA, the CDC, and virtually every healthcare worker involved in vaccine distribution and no one is talking. There are hoaxes and ridiculous stunts that mean nothing but you can't pull a hoax involving that many people with no one talking. This vaccine is not a hoax but there is a disturbingly large market for the idea that it is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/12/26/claims-of-fake-covid-19-vaccinations-disappearing-needles-spread-on-social-media/?sh=40ed14802545

If the syringes are empty then how are the Bill Gates/Illuminati tracking microchips being put into every American?

49 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

New Zealand and Australia are almost back to normal with localized regulations only (except some restrictions on very large gatherings). We could be at that stage too but we didn't make the choices necessary to realistically have it as a possibility. The old Primary lessons about making choices but not choosing the consequences of those actions keep ringing in my ears. I have friends in Europe and Asia and they are all confused. In the rest of the world there is a lot of political disagreement about how to cope with the pandemic and the friction of individual rights, economic needs, and public health concerns which is the policy discussions that should be happening. In the US we can't even get consensus that there actually is a pandemic which is baffling to them. I sympathize. It is baffling to me.

I can imagine Congress doing that. I ran through a few nations. Canada is at up to $2000 a month, Japan is matching up to 100% of paychecks. Norway up to 90%. Belgium up to 87%. France up to 84%. UK up to 80%. Italy up to 80%. US had one stimulus and a moratorium for some people that was just kicking the can down the road.

Yep, a vast conspiracy involving several major drug companies, Congress, the FDA, the CDC, and virtually every healthcare worker involved in vaccine distribution and no one is talking. There are hoaxes and ridiculous stunts that mean nothing but you can't pull a hoax involving that many people with no one talking. This vaccine is not a hoax but there is a disturbingly large market for the idea that it is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/12/26/claims-of-fake-covid-19-vaccinations-disappearing-needles-spread-on-social-media/?sh=40ed14802545

If the syringes are empty then how are the Bill Gates/Illuminati tracking microchips being put into every American?

The one from El Paso, that syringe is sure looks empty. And it appeared so much so to the Hospital that the specific nurse later recieved a second first stage vaccine.

11 hours ago, pogi said:

You will find that there is no “definition of what it means to die” from any specific disease. It is always a judgment call with anything.  It certainly is not a reason to question Covid numbers any more than with seasonal flu or anything else.

Why so defensive? isn't it better to understand the process of assigning deaths to COVID.  Aren't you in favor of having more people understand the process?  I think it makes a great deal of difference if "Covid death" means different things to different people supplying the numbers. Also a covid death means death with the presence of covid.  It doesn't indicate how influential Covid was in causing the death.  According to my physician friend, cause of death is always more detailed and nuanced than "Death by Covid"  More like "Respitory Failure, due to pneumonia as a complication of COVID-19" Or something like that. Why isn't this data published rather than just the misleading "Death by covid" numbers that are currently reported. We get no information other than a thumbs up or down on COVID, without knowing that different professionals would have different opinions on how much COVID contributed to the death.  According to my friend, there were many cases where there was some lively debate on whether to include someone as a covid death or not. 

11 hours ago, pogi said:

Overall, I wouldn’t suspect that coroners are less precise or vigilant in determining cause of death.  I would actually guess the opposite is true. That is their primary job function and expertise, while doctors tend to focus more of their attention and study on the living.  It wouldn’t surprise me if there were some sloppy or lazy coroners out there though.  That is true with any field.

As my physician friend explained to me, at least in his jurisdiction, when the medical examiner makes the call it is because the person who died wasn't under the care of a physician at the time. They have less information to go on than a physician who was treating the patient at the time. This (according to him) is why the medical examiners office makes decisions that are less accurate than a physicians. The doctors have more and better information on the status of the patient on the days and hours before death. 

10 hours ago, Harry T. Clark said:

There is a financial incentive to put the covid label on supposed cases as admitted by Dr. Redfield.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkP1t_2u5B0&feature=share

If you can, ask the doctor to opine on the financial incentives and whether he thinks that plays a role in the decision making process.  Money usually does.

According to him there is no difference in his compensation for classifying a death as Covid or non covid.  He is paid a salary and there isn't a COVID bonus to him.  If there is a COVID bonus it goes to someone else

30 minutes ago, Danzo said:

According to him there is no difference in his compensation for classifying a death as Covid or non covid.  He is paid a salary and there isn't a COVID bonus to him.  If there is a COVID bonus it goes to someone else

I don't think the incentive is for salary boosts; I think it's for aid and pay for services in a time when hospitals are getting stiffed by people unable to pay. There is certainly a hospital incentive to have a Covid diagnosis for someone hospitalized for pneumonia, because uninsured patients aren't going to be able to pay the hospital bill (in spades the longer or more complicated the hospitalization). It doesn't take any conspiracy theories to conceive of financial incentives vis a vis federal aid for Covid deaths as official cause of death. This has nothing to do with doctors being paid more; it has everything to do with helping the systems stay solvent in the face of what must be a high default rate. Even people with insurance can see their 20% after deductible being untenable. 

30 minutes ago, rongo said:

I don't think the incentive is for salary boosts; I think it's for aid and pay for services in a time when hospitals are getting stiffed by people unable to pay. There is certainly a hospital incentive to have a Covid diagnosis for someone hospitalized for pneumonia, because uninsured patients aren't going to be able to pay the hospital bill (in spades the longer or more complicated the hospitalization). It doesn't take any conspiracy theories to conceive of financial incentives vis a vis federal aid for Covid deaths as official cause of death. This has nothing to do with doctors being paid more; it has everything to do with helping the systems stay solvent in the face of what must be a high default rate. Even people with insurance can see their 20% after deductible being untenable. 

While what you are saying may be plausible,  plausibility isn't evidence. We must have evidence before making accusations of falsifying diagnoses for monetary gain.

2 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I can imagine Congress doing that. I ran through a few nations. Canada is at up to $2000 a month, Japan is matching up to 100% of paychecks. Norway up to 90%. Belgium up to 87%. France up to 84%. UK up to 80%. Italy up to 80%.

I wonder where all this cash is going to come from. I saw a chart showing the amount of money printed/borrowed in the last few months in the US. I suppose that it is the same in many countries. There is such a thing as inflation. If that hits like it did in Germany in the 1920s or even currently in Venezuela there will be bigger problems. The trained economists here can tell me whether to remove my tinfoil hat or buy some worry beads. 

9 hours ago, Harry T. Clark said:

https://www.hfma.org/topics/news/2020/04/increased-medicare-payments-for-covid-19-care-to-stretch-back-to.html

https://www.hfma.org/topics/news/2020/04/increased-medicare-payments-for-covid-19-care-to-stretch-back-to.html

https://www.aha.org/advisory/2020-04-16-coronavirus-update-cms-releases-guidance-implementing-cares-act-provisions

There was an increase in payments for patients with covid-19.  I don't think that can be denied.  Is it possible that might act as an incentive for the unscrupulous to game the system, perhaps call the flu/pneumonia with their similar symptoms as covid-19?  I don't think we can discount this, regardless of whether or not you wish to maintain the current views by the media and officials on this crisis. 

People make mistakes. The H1/N1 scare back in 2009 was exaggerated.  Zika was too.  It's understandable to over-react given the unknown and with financial incentives, the unscrupulous could take advantage and exaggerate the numbers.

In Utah, the UofU hospital in conjunction with the DN exaggerated the hospital bed availability back in October.  The UofU might have been running out of beds but not the other hospitals.  Yet, the focus was on the UofU.

We've killed our economy and lockdowns have created more mental health problems than there should be.  Perhaps our reaction to this has been overdone?  Can we ask these questions?  Obviously, our government leaders can make mistakes.  Maybe they did so here? 

I asked my sister who works for IHC about this.  Her job is on computers, but she and her coworkers have been asked to work in the hospitals because medical staff were so overwhelmed.

This is what she said:

"Intermountain was also running out of beds and still is. What people don't understand is that ICU beds are made up for certain uses. So what you would use for one patient wouldn't be used for the other. When Intermountain says 91% of ICU beds are filled, which it is now. It means in the entire network. So there could be no ICU beds available in slc. Those beds could be 5 hours away...

"We had a stroke victim who we didn't have a stroke icu bed for anymore. It took us two hours to find one for her. This was in October. By that time her life was being measured in minutes

"Part of the issue is workers. There just aren't enough workers. So what care you would normally get isnt as good as if it wasn't so busy. We do have a lot of traveling caregivers that came in the last month. But we are advertising open jobs daily because we don't have enough staff. One day a nurse was discharging and had to run back to her floor which is common.

"She had to leave the patient that was in her care in someone else's care who was not a nurse or a nursing assistant.

"I have a good friend that works at the U. In October their capacity was 104%

"We had patients who wanted to be transferred to the U because of their insurance but weren't allowed to because the U couldn't take them"

Edited by Rain
9 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I wonder where all this cash is going to come from. I saw a chart showing the amount of money printed/borrowed in the last few months in the US. I suppose that it is the same in many countries. There is such a thing as inflation. If that hits like it did in Germany in the 1920s or even currently in Venezuela there will be bigger problems. The trained economists here can tell me whether to remove my tinfoil hat or buy some worry beads. 

money is fake, the value of money is fake...it is all made up and ultimately controlled to ensure haves and have nots.

As for selfishness/greed driven inflation; price controls.

10 hours ago, strappinglad said:

I'm worried the dollar is dropping Like a Rock to the peso. It was 21 to 1 last year now we're down to 18 to 1. It started dropping right after the election.

12 hours ago, Danzo said:

While what you are saying may be plausible,  plausibility isn't evidence. We must have evidence before making accusations of falsifying diagnoses for monetary gain.

Where would the evidence come from, if true? Who would admit to it, if intentional, and who would readily see themselves and admit to inadvertently doing so, if unintentional? I think there is a lot of people conditioned to seeing the emperor with clothes with this. All of us know medical personnel, and it's interesting and useful to get their perspectives, but they are not monolithic, and there is a lot of outrage and "cancelling" going on with "renegade" people who buck the "party line" on this. I know medical personnel on both ends of the spectrum (DEFCON 1 <--- > higher than normal flu surges, but conditioning, psychosomatic elements, and agendas playing a role). I've been told that ICUs regularly operate in the upper 80% range in normal times, so 91% capacity is higher than normal, but not as much higher as it's being made out to be (this from an ICU nurse). According to her, many healthcare workers, conditioned by the media and political hysteria, see what they see at work through a conditioned lens, and this is exacerbated by many people who are in the hospital with severe flu symptoms being terrified by said media and political hysteria, with predictable psychosomatic results (terrified people become self-fulfilling prophecies, and the vicious cycle is fed in both directions). 

In other words, I don't think evidence can really begin to be collected because I don't think people realize the amount of conditioning involved --- and no one wants to admit to others or to themselves that they may have subconsciously been less than scientifically objective about all of this, and that they may have unwittingly fed into it. I don't think it's a matter of rank-and-file healthcare workers rubbing their hands together in smoke-filled rooms and plotting to drive up Covid cases as much as possible for federal funding. I do think it subconsciously is a factor when there is a lot of defaulting and certain defaulting by people who are not going to be able to pay their hospital bills. Along with everything else involved with this psychologically, of course it's a factor. 

I'll let everyone find their own sources (I like to use New York Times, Washington Post, CDC, Journal of the American Medical Association, etc. myself, so that people don't cry "fake news"), but ask yourself this: how does this year's flu season compare to reported Covid cases and deaths? How does this compare to the past three years? After you dig around, how do you explain that? We're being asked to believe that influenza magically is drastically down, but it's madness to suggest that there might be mislabeling going on?

Edited by rongo
37 minutes ago, rongo said:

Where would the evidence come from, if true? Who would admit to it, if intentional, and who would readily see themselves and admit to inadvertently doing so, if unintentional? I think there is a lot of people conditioned to seeing the emperor with clothes with this. All of us know medical personnel, and it's interesting and useful to get their perspectives, but they are not monolithic, and there is a lot of outrage and "cancelling" going on with "renegade" people who buck the "party line" on this. I know medical personnel on both ends of the spectrum (DEFCON 1 <--- > higher than normal flu surges, but conditioning, psychosomatic elements, and agendas playing a role). I've been told that ICUs regularly operate in the upper 80% range in normal times, so 91% capacity is higher than normal, but not as much higher as it's being made out to be (this from an ICU nurse). According to her, many healthcare workers, conditioned by the media and political hysteria, see what they see at work through a conditioned lens, and this is exacerbated by many people who are in the hospital with severe flu symptoms being terrified by said media and political hysteria, with predictable psychosomatic results (terrified people become self-fulfilling prophecies, and the vicious cycle is fed in both directions). 

In other words, I don't think evidence can really begin to be collected because I don't think people realize the amount of conditioning involved --- and no one wants to admit to others or to themselves that they may have subconsciously been less than scientifically objective about all of this, and that they may have unwittingly fed into it. I don't think it's a matter of rank-and-file healthcare workers rubbing their hands together in smoke-filled rooms and plotting to drive up Covid cases as much as possible for federal funding. I do think it subconsciously is a factor when there is a lot of defaulting and certain defaulting by people who are not going to be able to pay their hospital bills. Along with everything else involved with this psychologically, of course it's a factor. 

I'll let everyone find their own sources (I like to use New York Times, Washington Post, CDC, Journal of the American Medical Association, etc. myself, so that people don't cry "fake news"), but ask yourself this: how does this year's flu season compare to reported Covid cases and deaths? How does this compare to the past three years? After you dig around, how do you explain that? We're being asked to believe that influenza magically is drastically down, but it's madness to suggest that there might be mislabeling going on?

I understand that it is possible that people are taking advantage of the situation, but without evidence we should learn to be content with uncertainty and give people the benefit of the doubt, even if it means someone might get away with something. 

The other alternative is to suspect every one of everything they might possibly do just because it's possible. 

There have been many cases of people who have been punished for taking advantage of the system with evidence. Google Medicare fraud and you will find plenty of examples. 

I prefer to wait for evidence before accusing people. 

As for hospitals and doctors over prescribing treatment to make more money, I brought that up with my doctor friend. 

He thinks that practicing what he calls "defensive medicine " is a problem. No one gets in trouble in the short term for being too cautious and ordering to many tests and treatments.  The fear is always not doing enough.  The problem has existed since well before the current pandemic. The medical community had plenty of opportunities to over prescribe before.  Google Medicare fraud and tou will find plenty of examples.

2 hours ago, rongo said:

Ever seen the FBI investigate Medicare fraud? They do not mess around.

14 hours ago, strappinglad said:

Macroeconomics is voodoo and sorcery. Things do not react the way they “should” to changes in it. 

It has been fun seeing the predictable shift as the deficit hawks suddenly reappear. They have presumably been hibernating for the last four years.

3 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

I'm worried the dollar is dropping Like a Rock to the peso. It was 21 to 1 last year now we're down to 18 to 1. It started dropping right after the election.

Dropping like a rock? It is a gradual dip at best. The dollar is stronger now against the peso than it was in January of this year. There was no major shift near the election. It has been dropping gradually since mid-Autumn.

Lots of politics is getting mixed in, please start a new thread if there is a subject that you think politics or political theory or economics etc. is needed to die medical issues...please keep this thread focused on medical issues (I know there is a lot of overlap, but creating another thread is not a hardship s as me it will keep the medical stuff from being overwhelmed by associated issues)

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Dropping like a rock? It is a gradual dip at best. The dollar is stronger now against the peso than it was in January of this year. There was no major shift near the election. It has been dropping gradually since mid-Autumn.

That may be what Google says but that's not what you get at the money changers in town.

12 minutes ago, Calm said:

Lots of politics is getting mixed in, please start a new thread if there is a subject that you think politics or political theory or economics etc. is needed to die medical issues...please keep this thread focused on medical issues (I know there is a lot of overlap, but creating another thread is not a hardship s as me it will keep the medical stuff from being overwhelmed by associated issues)

Sorry 

Not sure what to make of this:

Asymptomatic transmission of COVID-19 didn’t occur at all, study of 10 million finds
Only 300 asymptomatic cases in the study of nearly 10 million were discovered, and none of those tested positive for COVID-19.
Wed Dec 23, 2020

WUHAN, China, December 23, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) – A study of almost 10 million people in Wuhan, China, found that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 did not occur at all, thus undermining the need for lockdowns, which are built on the premise of the virus being unwittingly spread by infectious, asymptomatic people.

Published in November in the scientific journal Nature Communications, the paper was compiled by 19 scientists, mainly from the Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan, but also from scientific institutions across China as well as in the U.K. and Australia. It focused on the residents of Wuhan, ground zero for COVID-19, where 9,899,828 people took part in a screening program between May 14 and June 1, which provided clear results as to the possibility of any asymptomatic transmission of the virus.

Asymptomatic transmission has been the underlying justification of lockdowns enforced all across the world. The most recent guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) still states that the virus “can be spread by people who do not have symptoms.” In fact, the CDC claimed that asymptomatic people “are estimated to account for more than 50 percent of transmissions.”

U.K. Health Secretary Matt Hancock also promoted this message, explaining that the concept of asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 led to the U.K. advocating masks and referring to the “problem of asymptomatic transmission.”

However, the new study in Nature Communications, titled “Post-lockdown SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening in nearly 10 million residents of Wuhan, China,” debunked the concept of asymptomatic transmission. 

It stated that out of the nearly 10 million people in the study, “300 asymptomatic cases” were found. Contact tracing was then carried out and of those 300, no cases of COVID-19 were detected in any of them. “A total of 1,174 close contacts of the asymptomatic positive cases were traced, and they all tested negative for the COVID-19.”
In June, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of the World Health Organization’s (WHO) emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, shed doubt upon asymptomatic transmission. Speaking at a press conference, Van Kerkhove explained, “From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual.”

She then repeated the words “It’s very rare,” but despite her word choice of “rare,” Van Kerkhove could not point to a single case of asymptomatic transmission, noting that numerous reports “were not finding secondary transmission onward.”

Her comments went against the predominant narrative justifying lockdowns, and at the time the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER) highlighted that “she undermined the last bit of rationale there could be for lockdowns, mandated masks, social distancing regulation, and the entire apparatus of compulsion and coercion under which we’ve lived for three months.”

Swift to act, the WHO performed a U-turn, and the next day Van Kerkhove then declared that asymptomatic transmission was a “really complex question … We don’t actually have that answer yet.”

“I think that that’s misunderstanding to state that asymptomatic transmission globally is very rare. I was referring to a small subset of studies,” she added.

However, the new Wuhan study seems to present solid, scientific evidence that asymptomatic transmission is not just rare but nonexistent. Given that it found “no evidence that the identified asymptomatic positive cases were infectious,” the study raises important questions about lockdowns. 
Such a large scientific study of 10 million people should not be overlooked, Jeffrey Tucker argued in the AIER, as it should be “huge news,” paving the way “to open up everything immediately.” Yet media reports have been virtually nonexistent and “ignored,” a fact that Tucker explained: “The lockdown lobby ignores whatever contradicts their narrative, preferring unverified anecdotes over an actual scientific study of 10 million residents in what was the world’s first major hotspot for the disease we are trying to manage.”

"The lockdown lobby?"  Who is lobbying for lockdowns?

Thanks,

-Smac

Edited by smac97
8 minutes ago, smac97 said:

"The lockdown lobby?"  Who is lobbying for lockdowns?

Lockdowns have been very good business for some.  Amazon, for example.  Zoom, Costco, etc.  I don't think there is a "lockdown lobby" so to speak, but there is a lot of money to be made right now.  Especially with the government printing money and giving interest-free loans to needy businesses owned by Tom Brady.  Heck, even the Pittsburgh Penguins got some of that sweet sweet federal money.