Seriously No Politics ×

Cat Stories

On 8/16/2020 at 4:09 PM, rodheadlee said:

It never came out to eat or drink. 

It never came out to eat or drink. [While they were looking]

I've been to Central America - theres no way a cat could travel that far on foot in that period of time.

1 hour ago, Calm said:

What about getting something to put on her collar?  May be too expensive to do if you are planning to chip her soon (chipping is better in case she loses the collar of course).

Actually, she doesn't wear a collar as she is an indoor only cat... that's why I want her chipped so that if for some reason she does happen to get outside, she has an ID...  I'll get her one of these days and just head to the vet and board her with them so they can work on her...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never had a cat as skittish as my Susie... my previous cat... Bob... used to be curious and would come out to see who was here.  He got used to my home teachers, and he loved women so he'd come out when my visiting teachers were here... but with Susie if anyone comes to the door, she gets low to the floor and just skulks into the bedroom as fast as she can.  She's under the bed and won't be out for hours... (two brethren brought the sacrament in to me... wonderful).  No word yet on being able to attend Church...

GG

On 8/17/2020 at 11:54 PM, Rain said:

... That cat had torn away the delicate material that covers the underside of the box springs and crawled inside of it.

:D :rofl: :D 

P.S.: "Hey, why is the ... bed ... meowing?!" :huh: :unsure: :unknw: ;) 

Edited by Kenngo1969

Our young cat, Kirk, got run over by a car last week. His brother, Spock, has lost his playmate. My wife the cat lady is rather distraught over it. I'm not happy either.  Sigh. I liked that cat.

Yes, they're named after Star Trek characters.

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Our young cat, Kirk, got run over by a car last week. His brother, Spock, has lost his playmate. My wife the cat lady is rather distraught over it. I'm not happy either.  Sigh. I liked that cat.

You have my condolences for the loss of Kirk.  I know how pets can be part of the family, and in this case for Spock's family as well.  

2 hours ago, Stargazer said:

Condolences on the loss of The Captain. :( 

I hope, Stargazer, that if you decide to get another cat that you will try the local shelter... I got my Susie from the shelter in Feb and she is wonderful... She's funny... Loving... and really pretty.

GG

22 hours ago, Stargazer said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. They may be animals but they are family and it's hard to lose them. Poor Spock must be distraught. 😟

Edited by sheilauk
23 hours ago, Stargazer said:

That is so sad. I’m so sorry. 

On 8/16/2020 at 10:09 PM, rodheadlee said:

It never came out to eat or drink. 

He might have subsisted on bare minimum. I imagine a poor cat with boat sickness! When we brought our cats over from America to Europe in soft carriers, we could barely get them to drink and they refused to eat. They did not like airports and planes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...