Seriously No Politics ×

Sacrament at Home Church

5 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

If we start having our meetings at the chapel, depending on the restrictions, Sister Gui and I might not be comfortable attending in person just yet. We would appreciate being able to attend on-line. I assume we would continue to do our own sacrament in the home like we are doing now.  

I actually prefer NOT doing it online.  The sound is never quite right, but more importantly the feeling is different.  Since the sacrament itself is still not online then I would prefer just doing it all offline.

3 hours ago, alter idem said:

No, it don't think church was cancelled for 5th sunday, my ward met on the 30th, and it was my first time back since March. I think it must have been a decision local to your own area.

Church was nice, it was nice to be back and see ward members, my husband and I were socializing, probably more than we were supposed to, because as we walked in we kept seeing people who stopped us to talk,  before sitting down--but we had our masks on and did not touch or hug anyone.  During the songs, we were to listen to the hymns, but I found that I couldn't help myself and started humming and then my husband joined in.  It was nice to hum along, which I see no danger in doing, as we had our mouths closed and masks on.

Our ward is told they can hum.

15 hours ago, Rain said:

I actually prefer NOT doing it online.  The sound is never quite right, but more importantly the feeling is different.  Since the sacrament itself is still not online then I would prefer just doing it all offline.

We play our Zoom on Sony computer speakers. They sound better than the built-ins. While I would prefer attending in person, I don’t mind the different feel.

Our neighbor recently joined the Church. His fiancé’s daughter (his future step-daughter, former members of our ward) who was serving a mission in Virginia got permission to teach him the discussions via Skype. Seems like that worked Spirit-wise. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
15 hours ago, Rain said:

Our ward is told they can hum.

Hm-m hmmm hm hm hm-hm hmm hm hmmmm-hmmm.....guess the hymn. 🙂

Edited by Bernard Gui
On 8/31/2020 at 2:55 PM, The Nehor said:

A while back Ahab assured me he had not sinned in years.

True.

Two witnesses and all that.

3 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

Hm-m hmmm hm hm hm-hm hmm hm hmmmm-hmmm.....

Which hymn is that?  Hmmm?  (Sorry; couldn't resist! 😉)

52 minutes ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Which hymn is that?  Hmmm?  (Sorry; couldn't resist! 😉)

The humm hymn hummed by humans, Hughie!

Edited by mfbukowski
13 hours ago, Rain said:

It's not a problem with our speakers.  Since they are doing it with people there the problem is either having whatever device they are using too close to the speaker with the mic on which makes feedback when coming through to us or too far which means we don't catch all they are saying.  

When my family has done zoom in our houses we didn't have these problems. Nor did we when we had a funeral with the funeral being outside.  

But we have had really bad problems tech-wise in this chapel for years.  We have not all fit in the stake center for stake conference so they always stream it to the other chapels.  Then they rotate who comes to the stake center and who is in the other chapels.  They practice ahead of time to get things working and it does!  They turn off wifi in the building so that won't interfere.  Still on the day of conference there is tech problem after tech problem and you miss a lot of the sound and/or video.

So I'm glad it is available for you and others, but I'm happy to do without it.

9 hours ago, mfbukowski said:

The humm hymn hummed by humans, Hughie!

How about them Hymn Hummers,

Ain’t they euphoric?

Sittin’ there hummin’ hymns

Modern and historic.

Hummin’ they anthems, 

Hummin’ they canticles,

Hummin’ they spirituals,

Hummin’ like fanaticals.

Look at them Hymn Hummers,

Ain’t they paradisical?