Seriously No Politics ×

Shots Fired at Mtc

Here:

The person responsible for shooting at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' main security booth at the Provo Missionary Training Center is being sought by police.

The shooting occurred at approximately 2:28 a.m. on Monday.

The driver of a white SUV fired multiple rounds at the booth located on 900 East, according to Provo police.

The investigation is ongoing.

Police told 2News that no one was injured and at least four bullets went through the glass.

Several bullet casings were found on the road.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Campbell with Provo Police at rcampbell@provo.org or 801-852-7315.

Crazy times.

I'm glad nobody was injured.

Thanks,

-Smac

a.  Average, garden-variety crazy, probably with a grudge against the world in general? or

b.  Cut-above average, garden-variety crazy, specifically with a grudge against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

My money, if I were to put any money down, would be on (a).

Stay tuned!

Edited by Kenngo1969

That they targeted a security booth and not just a random building makes me go with B.

Unless it is

C. Had a really bad day and was driving around and pulled into the MTC entrance and realized they had to turn around and decided to fire off some shots to show their displeasure with the Universe.

56 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

That they targeted a security booth and not just a random building makes me go with B.

Unless it is

C. Had a really bad day and was driving around and pulled into the MTC entrance and realized they had to turn around and decided to fire off some shots to show their displeasure with the Universe.

I do like {c). ;)

or could be just some giggly teens who snuck out, stole a gun and shot something.  

Could be an active member who realizing the Church has more money than it could possibly need, feeling a bit foolish for donating so much to such a large conglomerate corporation under the guise of charity, just letting out the displeasure a bit.  

Could be lots of things.  

39 minutes ago, stemelbow said:

or could be just some giggly teens who snuck out, stole a gun and shot something.  

Could be an active member who realizing the Church has more money than it could possibly need, feeling a bit foolish for donating so much to such a large conglomerate corporation under the guise of charity, just letting out the displeasure a bit.  

Could be lots of things.  

To be fair, I think I covered the second possibility you mention in my Option (b).  You heard it there first! :D;)

54 minutes ago, stemelbow said:

I would think someone with that amount of premeditation would go with the local chapel. Probably closer and less likely to get shot back at.

1 hour ago, The Nehor said:

Unless it is

D. 18-25 year old male with too many beers in him.

Shoot fellas, I'm not endorsing someone taking shots at the MTC building for any reason.  I meant to point out anyone could be shooting at it for many reasons.  And yes, Kenngo, I acknowledge your options cover it.  Good job.  Sorry for not taking a closer look.  

1 hour ago, stemelbow said:

Could be lots of things.  

11 minutes ago, smac97 said:

Wow.  What an ugly, offensive, provocative thing to say.  

-Smac

To be fair, there are at least some people who feel that way about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachings, and its leaders.  Most all of them, however, simply file crazy lawsuits! <_<:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, stemelbow said:

Shoot fellas, I'm not endorsing someone taking shots at the MTC building for any reason.  I meant to point out anyone could be shooting at it for many reasons.  And yes, Kenngo, I acknowledge your options cover it.  Good job.  Sorry for not taking a closer look.  

Meh.  I wasn't too bent out of shape over it. ;) It's all good!  :friends:

Edited by Kenngo1969
4 minutes ago, pogi said:

E. A disgruntled future missionary who really wanted to serve abroad just got called to Boise Idaho and just really needed to vent out some frustration. 

:D:rofl::D All kidding aside, though, I do have a testimony that the Lord knows where He wants and needs his missionaries to go.  (In the case of Yours Truly, however, I freely admit that the Lord sent me where I would do the least damage to the Kingdom! ;)https://greatgourdini.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/the-power-of-the-one/

7 hours ago, smac97 said:

Here:

Crazy times.

I'm glad nobody was injured.

Thanks,

-Smac

Is there ever anyone in that "main security booth"?  Aren't those booths like the booths at some of our temples, outside near the roads?  I have never seen anybody in those, and figured they were guarded only by angels beyond the veil.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/provo-police-looking-to-identify-suspect-in-criminal-mischief-trespassing-at-latter-day-saint-temple

Provo Police looking to identify suspect in criminal mischief/trespassing at Latter-day Saint temple

items.[0].image.alt

PROVO, Utah -- Police in Provo are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who may be a suspect of trespassing and causing "criminal mischief" at a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple.
PROVO, Utah -- Police in Provo are asking for Provo Police tweeted Monday that they want to speak to the man, pictured above, as part of an investigation into trespassing and criminal mischief at the Provo Temple.

The department is also investigating an incident early Monday morning where the driver of a white SUV fired multiple rounds at the main security booth of the church's Missionary Training Center directly across from the temple.

Provo Police told FOX 13 they are suspicious that the two investigations could be connected, but nothing has officially connected them at this point.

Edited by smac97
13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Is there ever anyone in that "main security booth"?  Aren't those booths like the booths at some of our temples, outside near the roads?  I have never seen anybody in those, and figured they were guarded only by angels beyond the veil.

I have been past that booth many times, and there has ALWAYS been someone inside whenever I have done so. As a visitor, I could not have gotten inside the grounds without someone to electronically open the gate. 

5 hours ago, smac97 said:

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/provo-police-looking-to-identify-suspect-in-criminal-mischief-trespassing-at-latter-day-saint-temple

Provo Police looking to identify suspect in criminal mischief/trespassing at Latter-day Saint temple

items.[0].image.alt

PROVO, Utah -- Police in Provo are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who may be a suspect of trespassing and causing "criminal mischief" at a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple.
PROVO, Utah -- Police in Provo are asking for Provo Police tweeted Monday that they want to speak to the man, pictured above, as part of an investigation into trespassing and criminal mischief at the Provo Temple.

The department is also investigating an incident early Monday morning where the driver of a white SUV fired multiple rounds at the main security booth of the church's Missionary Training Center directly across from the temple.

Provo Police told FOX 13 they are suspicious that the two investigations could be connected, but nothing has officially connected them at this point.

Remarkably clear image. 

Given how quickly Provo PD nailed suspects in the recent rioting/shooting on Center Street, I wouldn’t be surprised if they had someone in custody within the week.