Seriously No Politics ×

Not Really Restoration?

Been reading Alma 39 - 42

Was reminded of the time as a teenager when I felt like calling my ex girlfriends and asking them to come over.

Randomly flipped the scriptures open to Alma 39 and didn't call them. :) Very grateful for that guidance.

Anyway- Restoration:

If someone's born missing a limb or with a lifelong mental disability, if they are restored to their proper and perfect frame - that would restore them to a state they never knew during mortality.

How then is that a Restoration or Instauration? 

Sounds more like a Perfecting at least of the physical.

Good question.  What do you suppose a Spirit which happens to be housed, temporarily, in an imperfect mortal tabernacle looks like?  I can guess, but, for now, I can only guess.  (Though I like where some of my guesses take me ...)

2 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

Was reminded of the time as a teenager when I felt like calling my ex girlfriends and asking them to come over.

Randomly flipped the scriptures open to Alma 39 and didn't call them. :) Very grateful for that guidance.

Anyway- Restoration:

If someone's born missing a limb or with a lifelong mental disability, if they are restored to their proper and perfect frame - that would restore them to a state they never knew during mortality.

You are assuming that our spiritual beings will have no memory restored of our existence prior to mortality. I think that might be a weakness; I have always assumed that all that we have learned will be ours again both from the pre-existence and our mortal probation. 

9 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

I'd say the "perfect frame" is what was presented to us as the the aim of the plan of happiness as established before the foundation of the world. From God's perspective, He is restoring that plan and fulfilling it through the power of the resurrection.

11 hours ago, nuclearfuels said:

Anyway- Restoration:

10 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:

Good question.  What do you suppose a Spirit which happens to be housed, temporarily, in an imperfect mortal tabernacle looks like?  I can guess, but, for now, I can only guess.  (Though I like where some of my guesses take me ...)

1 hour ago, Robert F. Smith said:

All creation takes place first on a spiritual level, and only when that template exists is it embodied on a physical level.  So any flawed human qualities will be restored to their pre-mortal form., just as Earth will be restored to its paradisiacal glory.

You said it more betterer than I did.  ;):D  Thanks!

14 hours ago, Storm Rider said:

You are assuming that our spiritual beings will have no memory restored of our existence prior to mortality. I think that might be a weakness; I have always assumed that all that we have learned will be ours again both from the pre-existence and our mortal probation. 

Our memory and intellect will be restored.

“Whatever principle of intelligence we attain unto in this life, it will rise with us in the resurrection.

“And if a person gains more knowledge and intelligence in this life through his diligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the advantage in the world to come.” (D&C 130:18–19.)