Susan Cox Powell Trial Ending Live Stream Now

4 minutes ago, Raingirl said:

Just read that the jury ruled in favor of the Cox family. Awarded 98.5 million 

As a taxpayer in the state of Washington I am pleased to know the money I paid to state taxes will be going toward helping to pay that settlement.  Hopefully it will also help my State government to learn a lesson.

• Like 2
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been in every session of the trial before COVID. They are giving their summations as I type. Steve and Josh used their hatred of the Church to poison the minds and control their little boys. Th

The visitations in the DSHS facility (a large old home) were ok, but there were inadequate security protections in the building. There are now! Josh really put on a show by bringing toys and science e

I’m usually no fan of huge jury awards in tort cases against government agencies, but there are times when the behavior is so grossly negligent, and the consequences so horrific, that justice demands

I’m usually no fan of huge jury awards in tort cases against government agencies, but there are times when the behavior is so grossly negligent, and the consequences so horrific, that justice demands a financial thrashing. Josh Powell was pure evil, and the judge and CPS looked the other way.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)

Thanks for stealing my thunder! 😀

That kind of award will cause governments all over the US to sit up and pay attention. That was one of the main reasons for the lawsuit. This brings much closure to the Coxes, but Susan remains missing and the ones who knew where she was are gone.  Some believe another of his sisters knows, but she is not forthcoming. Now a new vista opens as Chuck and Judy move to make something positive out of all the suffering. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Ahab said:

As a taxpayer in the state of Washington I am pleased to know the money I paid to state taxes will be going toward helping to pay that settlement.  Hopefully it will also help my State government to learn a lesson.

Perhaps there will be some personnel adjustments. 

1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said:

That kind of award will cause governments all over the US to sit up and pay attention.. 

I only pray they don’t over correct and start stripping all murder suspects of custody rights.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pogi said:

I only pray they don’t over correct and start stripping all murder suspects of custody rights.

Since spouses are always top suspects (with very good reasons), this could be problematic if kids become automatically removed from the remaining parent at a time of shock from losing the other under horrendous circumstances.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pogi said:

At the very least, such a situation should merit closer scrutiny. I think this will make sure that happens.

Edited by Bernard Gui
Posted (edited)

This judgment will cause waves of change in child abuse policies all over the country.

“Nothing can bring back the boys, but this is the end of a nightmare, and it’s gratifying to hear a jury tell the state they were wrong, and to award a verdict that will force them to change the culture ... to make sure this doesn’t happen to other children in the future.“ Charles Cox.
Edited by Bernard Gui
  • Like 1
On 7/31/2020 at 5:48 PM, esodije said:

I’m usually no fan of huge jury awards in tort cases against government agencies, but there are times when the behavior is so grossly negligent, and the consequences so horrific, that justice demands a financial thrashing. Josh Powell was pure evil, and the judge and CPS looked the other way.

What do you think the "gross negligence" was or even "negligence"? 

Edited by provoman
21 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

This judgment will cause waves of change in child abuse policies all over the country.

I sure hope so. I don't know how they allowed visitation between the child p, trashing their mom publicly (trying to publish her journals online and accuse her of running off with a man), and of course obviously having murdered Susan. Who takes toddlers camping in the winter in the middle of the night?! Even his "alibi" should've been a reason to deny him visitation. I'm happy for the Coxes and I hope they will get closure someday.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, provoman said:

What do you think the "gross negligence" was or even "negligence"? 

The way Washington DSHS handled the Charlie and Braden Powell custody issue is a good place to start.