Seriously No Politics ×

Any Violence in Your Neck of the Woods?

22 minutes ago, Ahab said:

He had a cavalier demeanor while holding that gun, not showing a proper regard for that dangerous weapon he was wielding.  The Police officers, for whatever reason, were already ready to shoot, and seeing someone cavalierly wielding a gun was all it took to get their adrenaline rushing to become even more ready to shoot.  And instead of freezing in place he kept moving around, which made them EVEN MORE ready to shoot.  Police officers want to go home to their families so their own defense is their primary concern when confronted with someone else holding a weapon.  I don't think shooting him was the best response in that situation, even when considering how the victim acted cavalierly while holding his gun, but it was then too late to teach him how to hold a gun when in the presence of Police officers who are holding their guns and ready to shoot.

For someone who originally said you could not see very well you certainly seem to be able to read his attitude amazingly well. He should have frozen while they were shouting at him to show his hands which is a clear order to move. There is nothing he could have done that would satisfy you to make this shooting unjustified. You are a hopeless bootlicker.

24 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Police officers can be idiots too.  For whatever reason, they believed they were in a dangerous situation and that unholstering their guns was an appropriate action.  Right or wrong, I think they showed they still some need better training.

These are questions that should be addressed to people who are responsible for training Police officers, after they are assured that we do want to have Police forces in our nation.

Police officers are often idiots. This is intentional. The courts have even ruled that it is okay to intentionally screen out the intelligent and many departments are doing this: https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

You know what other group tends to be pretty intellectually dim? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

2 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

For someone who originally said you could not see very well you certainly seem to be able to read his attitude amazingly well.

If you watched the same version of the video I saw, you can see his actions after opening the door.  I just couldn't see much of him with the fuzzy box and black box edits.

He should have frozen while they were shouting at him to show his hands which is a clear order to move.

Yes he should have frozen at that point, and better yet, he should have had his gun in a holster instead of holding it in his hands.  And when the Police told them to show them his hands he should have just said "I don't want to move because I am holding a gun and I don't want you to get the idea that I want to shoot you because I don't.  I love you guys  I do not want to shoot you." 

There is nothing he could have done that would satisfy you to make this shooting unjustified. You are a hopeless bootlicker.

No more than you are an idiotic, arrogant prick.  And even if I do like to lick boots, I love you anyway.

Police officers are often idiots. This is intentional. The courts have even ruled that it is okay to intentionally screen out the intelligent and many departments are doing this: https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

You know what other group tends to be pretty intellectually dim? https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

Yep, there are all kinds of people pretty much everywhere.

1 minute ago, Ahab said:

If you watched the same version of the video I saw, you can see his actions after opening the door.  I just couldn't see much of him with the fuzzy box and black box edits.

Yes he should have frozen at that point, and better yet, he should have had his gun in a holster instead of holding it in his hands.  And when the Police told them to show them his hands he should have just said "I don't want to move because I am holding a gun and I don't want you to get the idea that I want to shoot you because I don't.  I love you guys  I do not want to shoot you." 

He was probably not wearing a holster. It was the middle of the night and he was probably in bed. He grabbed the gun when he heard a knock on the door in the wee hours of the morning. If he had said that they most likely would have yelled at him to do something and possibly taken his lack of movement as non-compliance and shot him while he was still in the first sentence. They took going down on a knee as non-compliance and shot him.

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

No more than you are an idiotic, arrogant prick.  And even if I do like to lick boots, I love you anyway.

From what I am told about myself you just confessed. Please stop supporting and justifying the police murdering people. Even arrogant idiots like me think that is wrong.

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Yep, there are all kinds of people pretty much everywhere.

So you are okay with law enforcement being made up of those who ate paint chips as a child? That is a little scary.

He was probably not wearing a holster. It was the middle of the night and he was probably in bed. He grabbed the gun when he heard a knock on the door in the wee hours of the morning.

I recommend you make a note to yourself saying something like:  If I am ever awakened in the middle of the night, or pretty much anytime 24/7, and I think I might need my gun, I should carry it in its holster instead of just in my hand.

You might thank yourself later.

If he had said that they most likely would have yelled at him to do something and possibly taken his lack of movement as non-compliance and shot him while he was still in the first sentence.

If they had not already seen him with a gun in his hand they most likely would not have been as ready to shoot him.

They took going down on a knee as non-compliance and shot him.

The video was redacted at that point so I could not see what it was that caused the officer to think she needed to shoot him. 

So you are okay with law enforcement being made up of those who ate paint chips as a child? That is a little scary.

It is, isn't it.  Which just goes to show that we sometimes never know the complete historical background of people who are authorized to carry and use deadly weapons.

19 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I recommend you make a note to yourself saying something like:  If I am ever awakened in the middle of the night, or pretty much anytime 24/7, and I think I might need my gun, I should carry it in its holster instead of just in my hand.

You might thank yourself later.

Nah, I will just go out on my balcony and shoot the suspicious shadowy figures flanking my door and claim I saw a firearm but no badge. Safer that way. It is as good as their justification for shooting and surely we hold our law enforcement to a higher standard.

Nope.....I could not keep a straight face.

On 7/26/2020 at 8:35 AM, LoudmouthMormon said:

Between COVID and the social unrest, the news seems to be a never-ending slew of bad news, with each new story more horrible than the last.  They tell me such media barrages is stressful, and often paints a far worse picture than reality dictates.  I'd like to get a more realistic snapshot of what's actually happening in people's neighborhoods and cities.  

So, how is the local news in your areas?  Good or bad.

My county in Colorado has fairly low infection and one of the lower death rates in the state.  I'm planning on sending two daughters to real live school at the end of August, one to High School, one to our local community college.  Some protesting in Colorado Springs (15 miles to my South), but there hasn't been any protests turning into riots since March.

A month or so ago, we got a knock on the door warning us that rioters were possibly coming into our neighborhood, but thankfully they didn't. One of our sons freaked out and asked his dad to come home early. They ended up showing up in a U-haul in the next town over and planned on looting a sporting goods store and other places in the strip mall. They were dismayed to discover armed citizens and police waiting for them. :lol: A lady in our community livestreamed it. They turned their attention to areas by the mall next, breaking into a salon, throwing nail clippers everywhere, etc.. Because salons bad. I live about 45 minutes from Seattle. Grateful I don't live in it because it's been ridiculous.

9 hours ago, MorningStar said:

A month or so ago, we got a knock on the door warning us that rioters were possibly coming into our neighborhood, but thankfully they didn't. One of our sons freaked out and asked his dad to come home early. They ended up showing up in a U-haul in the next town over and planned on looting a sporting goods store and other places in the strip mall. They were dismayed to discover armed citizens and police waiting for them. :lol: A lady in our community livestreamed it. They turned their attention to areas by the mall next, breaking into a salon, throwing nail clippers everywhere, etc.. Because salons bad. I live about 45 minutes from Seattle. Grateful I don't live in it because it's been ridiculous.

Every time I see people do stupid and ridiculous things I marvel at the fact that I, even I, still consider our kind of being to be the most supreme kind of being in all of existence.And proof that some bad people don't make all of us bad.

6 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Every time I see people do stupid and ridiculous things I marvel at the fact that I, even I, still consider our kind of being to be the most supreme kind of being in all of existence.And proof that some bad people don't make all of us bad.

Marveling at hubris is probably not the best response.