Seriously No Politics ×

Fairmormon 2020 Conference

Better late than never (my posting about it, not the conference):

https://www.fairmormon.org/conference/2020-fairmormon-conference

With the uncertainty around large-scale gatherings, like many other conferences, we’re bringing the the 2020 FairMormon Conference to you in an interactive virtual format. Just like every year, we have a full lineup of amazing speakers. Join us for live streaming on August 5-7 (Wednesday-Friday), on demand after the conference, or both!

Join us from anywhere around the world!

About the Conference

The FairMormon Conference is an annual event that brings together a variety of people from a variety of areas. Each comes with a unique perspective on history, science, or theology, and all come with a desire to help discuss issues that are sometimes challenging to testimonies and faith. It is a great way to get informed. Our conference is geared toward providing information and answers needed to faithfully deal with criticisms leveled against the Church and gospel.

Each year we strive to present speakers that address wide-ranging topics. We invite you to join us for a frank, thought-provoking, faith-building, and enjoyable experience. Come see what the excitement is all about!

TIM BARKER:

Presentation: Translating the Book of Abraham: The Answer Under Our Heads

SUSAN EASTON BLACK:

Presentation: Emma Smith: The Office of thy Calling

Elder KIM B. CLARK:

Presentation: Pending

BRUCE E. DALE:

Presentation: Joseph Smith: The World’s Greatest Guesser – A Bayesian Statistical Analysis of Positive and Negative Correspondences Between the Book of Mormon and The Maya, 9th Edition

JOHN GEE:

Presentation: By the Numbers

TYLER GRIFFIN:

Presentation: Latter-day Lessons from Alma 30: Recognizing and Combating Anti-Christ Teachings and Tactics

LAURA HARRIS HALES:

Presentation: Helen Mar Kimball’s Polygamy Story

SCOTT HALES:

TAYLOR HALVERSON:

Presentation: The Covenant Path in the Bible and the Book of Mormon

VALERIE HUDSON:

MELISSA INOUYE:

ELIZABETH KUEHN:

Presentation: Insights from Joseph Smith’s Life in the Summer of 1842: Trials, Tenacity, and Gratitude

JAMES PERRY:

Presentation: When Doubts and Questions Arise: Church History and European Saints

DANIEL PETERSON:

JENNIFER ROACH:

Presentation: Private Bishop Interviews as Protective Factor: Why LDS Teens Benefit From a Few Moments Alone With Their Bishop

RYAN SALTZGIVER:

ANTHONY SWEAT:

Presentation: History and Art: Mediating the Rocky Relationship

JEFFREY THAYNE:

Note:  sorry for the delay in finishing, hope no confusion; I was at the dentist for my mom

Edited by Calm
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI:

Subtitling will be available eventually in Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, and Japanese.  We are hoping for sometime in September, but may be later.

So if you have friends who prefer the languages, please let them know we are expanding language access.

Edited by Calm
  • 3 weeks later...

They are preparing the videos and next step will be transcribing, final step is reviewing for errors. We don’t have that many transcribers at this point, so I can’t say when they will be out. I will try and remember to let it be known when a new one gets posted, but following our FB page probably is easiest. 

If someone wants a particular one, I can pass on the request, but most likely it will be what interests the transcriber most. 

If someone wants to volunteer, I can ask if that is okay. 

Edited by Calm
On 8/15/2020 at 3:28 AM, Calm said:

They are preparing the videos and next step will be transcribing, final step is reviewing for errors. We don’t have that many transcribers at this point, so I can’t say when they will be out. I will try and remember to let it be known when a new one gets posted, but following our FB page probably is easiest. 

If someone wants a particular one, I can pass on the request, but most likely it will be what interests the transcriber most. 

If someone wants to volunteer, I can ask if that is okay. 

I'd like to volunteer, if that's possible.