Sign in to follow this  
Rajah Manchou

No Longer Speculation. Native Americans Mixed With Polynesians.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:58 AM, Rajah Manchou said:

I've never had much interaction with comments on Interpreter. I've repeated everything below so many times that another post likely won't make much difference. But here goes:

As you know, my opinion is that the Book of Mormon was intended to be an account of the former inhabitants of the American continent and the isles in the sea from which they sprang. When we consider what the author(s) of the Book of Mormon would have known about the people in the islands, there's significant similarity (verisimiltude as Benjamin McGuire puts it) with the Book of Mormon peoples. 

Important to consider that the author of the Book of Mormon wouldn't know what a Polynesian was, he would have known them as Malay. Polynesians were known as Malay until 1842. Before they were known as Malay, they were known as Kumr and Rahmans, from the islands of Kamara/Comoro and Rahman, two nations resembling the geography of Cumorah and Rahma in the Book of Mormon. Gordon Thomasson argues that the word Mormon itself, which is first presented in the Book of Mormon as the Land of Mormon - a wilderness infested by wild beasts - has the Arabic root RMN.

rV4OvfK.png

Rahman (RMN) is a historical nation dating to 582 BC and founded be a warrior named Maroni. From the author's understanding this would have been the source population of the Polynesians in the isles of the sea who, as we now know, discovered America at least 300 years before Columbus.

I noticed in one of V.I. Braginsky's papers a number of variants that Arabs used for the land round about Kedah.  I find the variants interesting enough since they seem to imply that perhaps even Laman could be added to the variant list.  Braginsky's lists variants "Rahma", "Arman", and "Larman".

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Islamormoyid said:

I noticed in one of V.I. Braginsky's papers a number of variants that Arabs used for the land round about Kedah.  I find the variants interesting enough since they seem to imply that perhaps even Laman could be added to the variant list.  Braginsky's lists variants "Rahma", "Arman", and "Larman".

In medieval times, Rahma or Rahman was the name given to a mythical island nation on the opposite side of the world inhabited by Christians that have been set apart from the rest of the Christian world. To this day Romanians drop egg shells into rivers with the belief that they will float to the Island of Rahma, to provide food for the Rahmans. Braginsky proposes that this island was a faint understanding of Burma, known as Buraghman or Rahman, in medieval times.

Another example of the origins of a real-world toponym matching the etymology of a Book of Mormon toponym is Comnor in the Book of Ether.

I'bn Said and Dimasky both describe how the toponym for the land of Komoriyya is derived from the Kumr people, and that the Kumr had a king named Kamrun, which was the Arabic pronunciation of the Kumr word for hill or mountain. Likewise, the Book of Mormon Onomasticon project proposes that the toponym Cumorah comes from the Jaredite word Comnor. This doesn't seem an obvious match at first glance, but turns out the word Comnor is the result of typesetter's error. The original term in the Book of Mormon was Hill Comron, a direct hit.

Book of Mormon: People of Morian cumr -> Hill Comron -> Cumorah (alternatively known as Ramah) 
Arabic Geographies: People of Kumr -> Kamrun (hill) -> Komorriya (alternatively known as Rahma)

Edited by Rajah Manchou

Following the new papers pushing the populating of the Americas back to 25,000 BP, Razib Khan is now proposing that an Andaman-like group was the first to the Americas.

f6691448e523d1c8f0be1f2c5e18aabe-1.jpg?w=524&ssl=1"I believe these new results likely open the possibility for a resolution of the mystery of why some groups in the Amazon seem to have “Australasian” genetic affinities. The result is robust. But it was hard to resolve with the Beringian standstill. The new chronology offers up an opportunity. Clearly the earlier populations before 20,000 years ago may have been the ancestors of the “Australasians” that are still hinted at in the Amazonians. I believe that these early people were members of what I have termed Clade-2 East Eurasians. This clade was dominant in South, Southeast Asia, Tibet, and present in coastal East Asia (Japan), during the Pleistocene. It has closer affinities to Oceanians than East Asians to the north."

https://www.gnxp.com/WordPress/2020/07/23/how-the-amazonians-got-their-australasian

Edited by Rajah Manchou
  • Like 1