Seriously No Politics ×

Polyamory Approved

2 hours ago, california boy said:

Do you expect the entire world to believe the BoM to make their wedding decisions. It doesn't change the fact that the Church practiced multiple spouse marriages and that had nothing to do with gay marriage.  

It’s not what you or I expect that counts. It’s what God expects that is important. When the people of the world learn the will of God, they will have a choice to make. Jacob 2 is crystal clear on this. 

27 Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none;
28 For I, the Lord God, delight in the chastity of women. And whoredoms are an abomination before me; thus saith the Lord of Hosts.
29 Wherefore, this people shall keep my commandments, saith the Lord of Hosts, or cursed be the land for their sakes.
30 For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things.

Of course ssm was not an issue in those days; however, the Church practiced plural marriage only in compliance with Jacob 2. When its purpose was fulfilled it was stopped, not to be practiced again unless commanded by the Lord. That’s where we stand today.

Edited by Bernard Gui
4 hours ago, Daniel2 said:

Such as....? Examples, please.

Whatever you think of drag, this is something that would have been shocking and unthinkable just a few years ago, but today it gets prime time coverage and hoots of approval. Who knows where it will lead, but it can’t be to something good. You may disagree.

. “It makes me feel amazing.”

Edited by Bernard Gui
11 minutes ago, poptart said:

thank you for your service. 

Sorry, poptart,  but you  must be thinking of someone else. I am a Canuck and never served anywhere. I was a WO in the Air Cadets for a couple of years, but that doesn't count as it is a civilian position. 

2 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Sorry, poptart,  but you  must be thinking of someone else. I am a Canuck and never served anywhere. I was a WO in the Air Cadets for a couple of years, but that doesn't count as it is a civilian position. 

Ops, my bad for some reason I confused you with Papa. Ok, strike the vet stuff and let most of the rest, esp. the part of the Old High Church stuff stand. 

Hey off topic hows Canada these days?  I've debated picking up a few traveling nurse shifts if i get the chance in a year or so. 

Edited by poptart
9 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Whatever you think of drag, this is something that would have been shocking and unthinkable just a few years ago, but today it gets prime time coverage and hoots of approval. Who knows where it will lead, but it can’t be to something good. You may disagree.

. “It makes me feel amazing.”

You’re suggesting.... drag...? is evidence that legalized pedophilia is on the horizon....?

Drag has been around for centuries.... and how is it related to pedophilia??

Edited by Daniel2
1 hour ago, JLHPROF said:

That's only true if you think God doesn't interact directly with man.  It's not guesswork or belief where divine interactions occur.

Oh yes it is, because it is always personal, subjective perception. Again, where you define belief also applies to you. Do you think that only you  or likewise believing folks have transcended belief, that no one with diverging views of Truth does not??

2 minutes ago, poptart said:

3 minutes ago, poptart said:

I've debated picking up a few traveling nurse shifts

Canada is doing fine, covid is under control....I hope. Where I live we haven't had a single case. The closest major city has had about a dozen or so.. My son-in-law is a nurse so I will ask about traveling nurses. The US/Canada is closed until July 21 but knowing politics that could last forever. 

4 hours ago, poptart said:

If we get protests outside temples again can you guys play some epic siege music during the whole thing?  Add this track to the playlist, pleeaaaase.  I'll be cheering the victor on from behind my monitor. 

Are you advocating violence against the Church because of its doctrine of marriage between a man and a woman?

There are far better sound tracks to accompany violence.

46 minutes ago, Daniel2 said:

You’re suggesting.... drag...? is evidence that legalized pedophilia is on the horizon....?

Drag has been around for centuries.... and how is it related to pedophilia??

Yes. Adults on stage with a child heralding child drag to the cheers and whoops of the crowd and parents. The child is clearly being sexualized and exploited by the adults. Things are changing. Who knows what this will look like in 10 years. You are free to disagree.

Edited by Bernard Gui

Nondrag child beauty contests have been going forever. I don’t think you can lay that one on gay marriage or the drag crowd. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=L1HQtUqpR-g

$5 billion industry:

https://lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/beauty-pageants-can-lower-girls-self-esteem/article_66bf9bb8-32f3-11ea-851c-0f8bcb8f15b2.html

France has outlawed them. Wish they would here. 

http://www.realclear.com/world/2013/09/18/french_senate_votes_to_ban_child_beauty_pageants_3157.html

Edited by Calm
14 minutes ago, Calm said:

Nondrag child beauty contests have been going forever. I don’t think you can lay that one on gay marriage or the drag crowd. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=L1HQtUqpR-g

$5 billion industry:

https://lancasteronline.com/opinion/columnists/beauty-pageants-can-lower-girls-self-esteem/article_66bf9bb8-32f3-11ea-851c-0f8bcb8f15b2.html

France has outlawed them. Wish they would here. 

http://www.realclear.com/world/2013/09/18/french_senate_votes_to_ban_child_beauty_pageants_3157.html

OK. Does this not take it huge step forward?

Edited by Bernard Gui
19 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Yes. Adults on stage with a child heralding child drag to the cheers and whoops of the crowd. The child is clearly being sexualized. Things are changing. Who knows what this will look like in 10 years. You are free to disagree.

Young and usually sexualized girls have been competing in beauty pageants for decades.... No legalized pedophilia. But a young boy dresses in drag, and all of a sudden, it’s “on the horizon”....? 

Just now, Bernard Gui said:

OK. ?

So you agree you can’t claim that gay advocates are anymore likely to be promoting pedophilia with drag child beauty contest than the usual child beauty contests?

There are a lot more nondrag child beauty contests done by what appear to be the heterosexual crowd (mothers). 

19 minutes ago, Calm said:

So you agree you can’t claim that gay advocates are anymore likely to be promoting pedophilia with drag child beauty contest than the usual child beauty contests?

There are a lot more nondrag child beauty contests done by what appear to be the heterosexual crowd (mothers). 

Sorry for the glitch in my response.

No. I’m sure there are also those in the gay community that find this appalling. In heterosexual contests, do the kids get whoops of delight from the audience by splaying themselves in sexually provocative poses while lying on the stage floor? I don’t know because I have not watched them. Sexualizing kids whether gay or straight cannot lead to anything good. I would prefer to see less than rather than more of such activity, but apparently others see it as normal and wholesome. As I said, it is on the horizon.

Edited by Bernard Gui
30 minutes ago, Daniel2 said:

Young and usually sexualized girls have been competing in beauty pageants for decades.... No legalized pedophilia. But a young boy dresses in drag, and all of a sudden, it’s “on the horizon”....? 

Yes. You seem to believe that beauty pageants sexualize girls. Is that a good thing?Are they capable of consenting to it?  Are you ok adding this new dimension? I think it takes such stuff to a new level. You asked for an example. Normalizing this cannot lead to anything good. If you don’t agree, that’s fine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/drag-kids-are-slaying-runway-one-fierce-look-time-n918211

Edited by Bernard Gui
1 hour ago, Bernard Gui said:

Are you advocating violence against the Church because of its doctrine of marriage between a man and a woman?

There are far better sound tracks to accompany violence.

I'm advocating nothing, people here stateside in the past decade or so have done enough to bring things on themselves.  It just so happens many of those groups dislike me and vice versa so I just sit back and enjoy the free entertaiment, it's like a spectator sport on steroids.  Also come on, if you're going to bring the good guys in to this, really?  You can do better music wise.  I'm sure the Allfather, the Aesir, Vanir and Jotunn have better things to concern themselves with than petty Americanized Christian themed bigotry, homophobia and infighting. 

odin-with-ravens.png

Edited by poptart
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

Canada is doing fine, covid is under control....I hope. Where I live we haven't had a single case. The closest major city has had about a dozen or so.. My son-in-law is a nurse so I will ask about traveling nurses. The US/Canada is closed until July 21 but knowing politics that could last forever. 

It's getting bad here again, many of us have had it.  The EU banned travel from the states, wish people here would catch the hint.

15 minutes ago, poptart said:

I'm advocating nothing, people here stateside in the past decade or so have done enough to bring things on themselves....so I just sit back and enjoy the free entertaiment, it's like a spectator sport on steroids. 

Interesting. You indeed appear to approve of violence directed at people based on their religious beliefs.

There’s no accounting for taste in banal music. Get some class with Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Penderecki, and Mahler. They do horror right.

Edited by Bernard Gui
41 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

In heterosexual contests, do the kids get whoops of delight from the audience by splaying themselves in sexually provocative poses while lying on the stage floor?

I don't know about lying on the stage floor, but there are tons of photos of contestants in sexually provocative poses and I doubt if they weren't popular, they would be displaying them.

52 minutes ago, Bernard Gui said:

Interesting. You indeed appear to approve of violence directed at people based on their religious beliefs.

There’s no accounting for taste in banal music. Get some class with Prokofiev, Stravinsky, Penderecki, and Mahler. They do horror right.

>Banal

Please, Wardruna does things right out of the Havamal, doesn't get more wholesome than that.  Still, since you insist, here's some "proper" music.

Edited by poptart
3 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

It’s not what you or I expect that counts. It’s what God expects that is important. When the people of the world learn the will of God, they will have a choice to make. Jacob 2 is crystal clear on this. 

Of course ssm was not an issue in those days; however, the Church practiced plural marriage only in compliance with Jacob 2. When its purpose was fulfilled it was stopped, not to be practiced again unless commanded by the Lord. That’s where we stand today.

It looks like you are saying that only members of the Church can have multiple spouse marriages and only when God tells the Mormon prophet, but if someone outside your religion does the exact same thing, then it is some horrible development for marriage and alarms should be raised?  You really expect that of people who aren't members of the Church to ask the prophet if it is ok with God before they do exactly what the members of the Church did in its early history?

The hypocritical part for me is that you think it is ok for past Church members to have multiple spouse marriages, but anyone else should be condemned because of your belief in a passage in the Book of Mormon that those outside the Church think is fiction.

3 hours ago, california boy said:

It looks like you are saying that only members of the Church can have multiple spouse marriages and only when God tells the Mormon prophet, but if someone outside your religion does the exact same thing, then it is some horrible development for marriage and alarms should be raised?  You really expect that of people who aren't members of the Church to ask the prophet if it is ok with God before they do exactly what the members of the Church did in its early history?

The hypocritical part for me is that you think it is ok for past Church members to have multiple spouse marriages, but anyone else should be condemned because of your belief in a passage in the Book of Mormon that those outside the Church think is fiction.

Sounds like you think LDS plural marriage was just a walk in the park. Is that correct?

Do you think the Book of Mormon is fiction?

Edited by Bernard Gui
4 hours ago, poptart said:

>Banal

Please, Wardruna does things right out of the Havamal, doesn't get more wholesome than that.  Still, since you insist, here's some "proper" music.

Thanks for the selections. Nice stuff.

BTW, you’re talking with a professional orchestra violinist and conductor with an advanced degree in music history. I have lots of examples on hand. 

4 hours ago, Calm said:

What new dimension?  

Drag children. Like the “trailblazer” in the news feature I provided.