Seriously No Politics ×

Prayer Request

Today is the big day. we have been dredging for 10 days now. We have hauled out 140 truck loads of sand. We get a 6 foot 2 tide at 7:30pm. I'm out of money and out of time. I think we'll have 7 feet of water.  We draw 6 feet 9 inches but we have moved a bunch of stuff off of the boat. I will empty the water tanks before we leave and I believe we will draw 6 feet 5 inches. We want to wake up tomorrow in Ensenada after we get out of here. I will be able to take better care of my parents with the boat in a safe place. Could you all please pray that we make it out to open sea? 

We're going to go tomorrow night. My buddy boats having trouble with the steering.

It'll give me a chance to sound the channel tonight at high tide. We have a six foot two 6 foot 2 tide 4 nights in a row.

If y'all could pray that the sand goes out instead of coming in tonight that would be cool.

1 hour ago, rodheadlee said:

We made it out thank you for all your prayers. I can't believe we have a phone signal 3 miles offshore. I'm so happy I was crying on the way out once we hit deep water.

Awesome, I can picture it in my mind!

2 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

We made it out thank you for all your prayers. I can't believe we have a phone signal 3 miles offshore. I'm so happy I was crying on the way out once we hit deep water.

Oh, that is such good news!  I shouted!  I want to hug you. I am tearing up. 

36 minutes ago, Garden Girl said:

Thank goodness, Rod... So... what now, and where?

GG

We are on our way to Ensenada. It's only about 30 miles but we have to cruise around out here until daylight. We have only been in this Harbor one time about 8 years ago.

9 hours ago, rodheadlee said:

We are on our way to Ensenada. It's only about 30 miles but we have to cruise around out here until daylight. We have only been in this Harbor one time about 8 years ago.

Ensenada... Just north of San Diego?

GG

2 hours ago, Garden Girl said:

Ensenada... Just north of San Diego?

GG

South of the border about 60 miles. Ensenada Cruiseport Village. You can Google it I can't post a link from my phone. It's very nice and it's two blocks from Captain Dorian and his Marines. There should be no bullets flying.