The report says the vehicle was speeding through the protesters when he was shot. The video seems to show the truck being surrounded by protesters , then the shot , THEN the speeding away and another shot.      As in math, order matters !

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

The report says the vehicle was speeding through the protesters when he was shot.

Not unless video is new has changed, it was at a standstill imo or moving very little when shot and was attempting to turn so was edging forward. Unknown whether or not it was edging forward before or after protestors surrounded it. Since other car next to it was blocked at front only as far as I can see, I suspect it had honked and was moving enough to warn the protestors to move.  

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

The report says the vehicle was speeding through the protesters when he was shot. The video seems to show the truck being surrounded by protesters , then the shot , THEN the speeding away and another shot.      As in math, order matters !

The driver wasn't speeding through, appeared to be confused, and injured no one.  After the SLC perp shot at him through the driver's side window, then he also shot at the car as it was leaving.  Then the perp attacked another car with his pistol, striking a window, but not shooting.  The perp will do hard time in state prison.

I was very surprised to find this happening in Provo.

Posted (edited)

More detail about suspects, but claims the Equal Rights group was there first rather than Back the Blue. Other reports have the pro police group there first. 

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/state-and-regional/man-arrested-who-police-say-shot-driver-at-protest-in-utah/article_e81e79f1-eae4-5cec-a290-32705ddb7093.html

Edited by Calm
30 minutes ago, Robert F. Smith said:

The driver wasn't speeding through, appeared to be confused, and injured no one.  After the SLC perp shot at him through the driver's side window, then he also shot at the car as it was leaving.  Then the perp attacked another car with his pistol, striking a window, but not shooting.  The perp will do hard time in state prison.

I was very surprised to find this happening in Provo.

About 10 years ago we were visiting in Provo and my wife was in a grocery store (near the burned-down tabernacle) when someone was shot to death in the store. Bad things can happen in nice places, and a "protest" venue in a nice place I think sometimes attracts the worst people trying to make a bigger impression (thinking of the #poopforjustice lady in SLC, which I'm surprised got no attention on this board j/k).

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Now I have to look that up,  CV. How could you?!?!

added:  With so many using their cameras seems strange this is the only picture out there. Is it possible it was photoshopped?  (I need distraction from nice, but strange people in house)

Found a news report. She only urinated and exposed her breasts. :mega_shok:

Great promo for the group. 

Edited by Calm

But protestors are entitled to block your car. :rolleyes:  I'm glad there are videos because of liars like this one. They're even trying to open the car door. I would not have been as nice as this driver. https://twitter.com/TaylerUSA/status/1278047383830630401?s=20

• Like 1

The shooter, Jessie K., Taggart  is  a son of Julie Taggart one of the plaintiffs in the Chris Nemelka lawsuit against the church.  Jessie appears to also be a follower of Chris Nemelka. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, topcougar said:

The shooter, Jessie K., Taggart  is  a son of Julie Taggart one of the plaintiffs in the Chris Nemelka lawsuit against the church.  Jessie appears to also be a follower of Chris Nemelka. 

That is interesting...not exactly in line with the group’s official peace and everything else policy, if he is a believer, imo. 

Posted (edited)

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/7/1/21310724/protests-downtown-provo-face-off-race-equality-counter-protest-assault-rifles

Have one annoyance:

Many in the crowds were from Provo or were students at nearby Utah Valley University, with a few people from Salt Lake coming down to show support for the organizers of Provo’s protests. Among those protesting racism was Rae Duckworth, who lost her cousin to an officer-involved shooting in Carbon County. She’s a member of a couple of organizations that have helped organize protests along the Wasatch Front.

“I’m just here to show solidarity with them,” Duckworth said. “They had some issues the last time they tried to protest, so we thought we’d come down and just show them we stand with them.”

Yeah...that issue was some guy from SLC came down using. a gun. 

The suspected gunman, Jesse Taggart, 33, of Salt Lake City, was arrested Tuesday night for investigation of attempted aggravated murder and aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. He is also accused of rioting, threatening use of a weapon in a fight, criminal mischief and firing a weapon near a highway.

I am pro protesting at this point and so not impressed by counter protestors showing up dressed for war, but the refusal of including the fact it was one of the protestors who was the worst offender of violence and instead focusing solely on drivers is ticking me off:

But John Sullivan, with Insurgence USA, which organized Wednesday night's protest, said the gathering was in part to decry the violence earlier in the week.

“After seeing the violence yesterday, or the day before yesterday, and everything that transpired that day, it came to my realization that this place needed it the most. Because nowhere in Salt Lake City have I seen that just blatant hatred people trying to run people over. Just disrespectful," Sullivan said.

https://kutv.com/news/local/protests-converge-in-provo-with-both-groups-agreeing-violence-is-uncalled-for
I don’t know whether reporters are accurately portraying it, but I have yet to read one account of a protestor condemning the shooting as opposed to drivers. If someone comes across such, please post. 

Edited by Calm
16 hours ago, Calm said:

Now I have to look that up,  CV. How could you?!?!

added:  With so many using their cameras seems strange this is the only picture out there. Is it possible it was photoshopped?  (I need distraction from nice, but strange people in house)

Found a news report. She only urinated and exposed her breasts. :mega_shok:

Great promo for the group. 

I'm glad you fact-check! The rather lengthy You Tube I was shown was "funnier" thinking there was more involved.

I just hope everything came out OK in the end.

• Like 1