Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
smac97

So We Attended Church Today, First Time in Three Months....

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, longview said:

There are too many of them.  He has to be stepping carefully on eggshells on some issues because of the foaming-in-the-mouth hatred exhibited by the dominant media.

The media has never stopped him before.  Trump does whatever he wants without regard for what the media says or thinks.  Why should this be any different?

Are you trying to convince me that Trump is more concerned about his image than he is about preserving and protecting the integrity of the White House and the nation?  Got it!

Just what is their diabolical plan exactly with all of this? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/20/2020 at 12:58 AM, Calm said:
On 6/19/2020 at 11:20 PM, provoman said:

My position is, if something is claimed to be N95 or KN95 and I can purchase it....I have little faith it is genuine product.

I was wondering as my husband picked some kn95 at our pharmacy. It seemed unlikely. They appear to be better than what we had though (we had masks on hand due to daughter being high risk before the plague hit) and certainly fit better. Disappointing but they are sturdy enough to get a number of uses out of them if careful (disinfecting between). 

I usually don't post on Sundays, but I was printing off the new move-in list for church today and couldn't help but swing by (bad habit) and this caught my attention. 

@provoman is right about most "KN95" masks being fakes. Some companies are just branding their products with that as their name, but they aren't actually certified so there's no way to know what you are getting.

However, when the FDA issued the order to allow the import of KN95 masks (from countries other than China), they also released a list of a few dozen FDA certified manufacturers. You can find that list online, here:

        https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-euas#appendixa

And, I have found at least two suppliers who have some inventory available and are purchasing from the FDA certified list: here and here.

Once we get past the current pandemic I have a feeling we'll see an uptick in the replaceable filter style of masks - which there currently aren't a lot of, but they definitely help keep costs down as you're only needing to replace filters.

Anyway, hope that helps. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, longview said:

There are also many Deep Staters in the CDC.  It would be prudent to second guess the players and their track record.  You continue to be in denial about the outrageous inconsistencies in policies made throughout the covid hysteria.

And just what is their plan exactly, these doctors and scientists?  Are these inconsistencies all part of the master plan?  I would be more concerned of an orchestrated deep state conspiracy if there was literally perfect consistency in the face of a novel virus pandemic.

Edited by pogi
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, pogi said:

Are you trying to convince me that Trump is more concerned about his image than he is about preserving and protecting the integrity of the White House and the nation?  Got it!

You are being cute.  I am sure you are aware of the 24/7 display of hatred put out by the elite class (that includes the dominant media) for the past 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Amulek said:

I usually don't post on Sundays, but I was printing off the new move-in list for church today and couldn't help but swing by (bad habit) and this caught my attention. 

@provoman is right about most "KN95" masks being fakes. Some companies are just branding their products with that as their name, but they aren't actually certified so there's no way to know what you are getting.

However, when the FDA issued the order to allow the import of KN95 masks (from countries other than China), they also released a list of a few dozen FDA certified manufacturers. You can find that list online, here:

        https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-emergency-use-authorizations-medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-euas#appendixa

And, I have found at least two suppliers who have some inventory available and are purchasing from the FDA certified list: here and here.

Once we get past the current pandemic I have a feeling we'll see an uptick in the replaceable filter style of masks - which there currently aren't a lot of, but they definitely help keep costs down as you're only needing to replace filters.

Anyway, hope that helps. 

 

 

Definitely. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, longview said:

You are being cute.  I am sure you are aware of the 24/7 display of hatred put out by the elite class (that includes the dominant media) for the past 4 years.

And? 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

trying to be good to the mods it being Sunday...

Edited by Calm

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, pogi said:

And just what is their plan exactly, these doctors and scientists?  Are these inconsistencies all part of the master plan?  I would be more concerned of an orchestrated deep state conspiracy if there was literally perfect consistency in the face of a novel virus pandemic.

Read Saul Alinsky's book:  "Rules for Radicals".  The Left thrives on chaos and division and manipulations.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/21/2020 at 8:56 AM, Calm said:

As aware of the display of hate coming from the Twitter feed of a White House resident. 

Your view is sadly distorted.  Possibly due to your progressive naivete.  I am a regular reviewer of Trump tweets.  Some of his tweets may appear to be "bluster" but I only see firmness, NO hate.  Whereas the "foaming-in-the-mouth" hatred is happening on the left side.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, longview said:

Read Saul Alinsky's book:  "Rules for Radicals".  The Left thrives on chaos and division and manipulations.

You are right, and there's no question that some are taking advantage of the pandemic to further their agendas, from January till now, but since politics are not allowed here, we can't really discuss it properly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, longview said:

Your view is sadly distorted. 

Please delete as I did not intend that momentary lapse in self control  to be engaged as it breaks board rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, longview said:

Read Saul Alinsky's book:  "Rules for Radicals".  The Left thrives on chaos and division and manipulations.

I only see that coming from you here, trying to make chaos of science and division and distrust.  You keep bringing up politically motivated conspiracy theories (against board rules) and are fear mongering.  You distastefully malign the good name of a well respected and humble public health servant who has served faithfully for decades to 6 presidents who respect him from both sides of the isle, and has done a tremendous job in the face of an impossible task and a difficult boss.  We all owe him our thanks!

Edited by pogi
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Calm said:

trying to be good to the mods it being Sunday...

I know that's like shopping on Sunday and making employees have to work. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Amulek said:

. I arranged it so only my family was touching the podium

A detail easily overlooked.  Well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/14/2020 at 3:51 PM, smac97 said:

5. Members older than 60 were encouraged to not attend,

Thanks,

-Smac

This is something that truly concerns me, on a number of levels. What worries me the most, comes from the decision to go ahead and cancel General Conference (to general membership) in October. I fear that persons such as my wife and I, will end up being lost or left behind, in this odd age in which we find ourselves. Due to some illness at the first of the year, I have only been able to attend two Sacrament Meetings this entire year. I fear that we will not be welcomed back into full fellowship, for a very long time. So long in fact that myself, and a large number of members in my age bracket will just find ourselves alone, or “out of site, out of mind”. Other than family, it has been months since we have been contented by anyone, including or home teachers, visiting teachers, who are also in this age bracket. In addition to no vaccine being discovered yet, we might very well find ourselves in the mists of a COVID-20 flu season before this one is addressed. 😢 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, MustardSeed said:
19 hours ago, Amulek said:

I arranged it so only my family was touching the podium

A detail easily overlooked.  Well done. 

It was largely driven by self-interest.

When I found out I would be both conducting and speaking, it occurred to me that - were I to have my family give the opening / closing prayers - then we would be the only ones at the podium and we could get away with not having to wipe anything down between users.

Also, it would maybe give me an excuse to take my mask off during my talk, because I really think you miss out on not being able to see people's facial expressions when they are delivering a talk - though that may be something we have to learn how to live with as things go on. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

This is something that truly concerns me, on a number of levels. What worries me the most, comes from the decision to go ahead and cancel General Conference (to general membership) in October. I fear that persons such as my wife and I, will end up being lost or left behind, in this odd age in which we find ourselves. 

That's one of my concerns as well. We have had some older members of our congregation asking anxiously about when they will be able to return to church. Some of them have support structures which keep them in contact with people (e.g., family nearby, good ministers, etc.), but that isn't universally true. I'm worried that we might not be proactively doing enough to keep them engaged. I'm open to any suggestions you may have though - I'm willing to write physical letters if that's what it takes. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know many of my friends, neighbors and family were excited to get back to Church.  They've all been talking about it.  Utah's rate of getting Covid has gone up recently.  But Utah hasn't seen many deaths at all.  As you run through other states Utah has less deaths per cases then the rest.  That's likely because it's spreading fastest now, in Utah.  The deaths may yet be coming.  Although I've had health worker friends say things like, "we saw 7 people die at our hospital today due to the virus"  But then the reported numbers end up being 0 or 1.  And by the end of the week we never see the 7 that apparently happened.  So who knows?  Sounds like the reporting of the numbers has some problems.  

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, stemelbow said:

As you run through other states Utah has less deaths per cases then the rest.  That's likely because it's spreading fastest now, in Utah.  The deaths may yet be coming. 

Utah has one of the youngest populations in the nation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Amulek said:

That's one of my concerns as well. We have had some older members of our congregation asking anxiously about when they will be able to return to church. Some of them have support structures which keep them in contact with people (e.g., family nearby, good ministers, etc.), but that isn't universally true. I'm worried that we might not be proactively doing enough to keep them engaged. I'm open to any suggestions you may have though - I'm willing to write physical letters if that's what it takes. 

 

One thing that seems to be a problem, is that my HT’s are also my age and feel like they have nothing to do. One of my family’s is in same age bracket as me, and so goes the circular reasoning; what do we do, what role do we play, if any, etc? 

Share this post


Link to post

My parents' ward in northern Wyoming is basically back to normal now, just without the second hour and free run of the building.  For sacrament yesterday they had no social distancing, no masks, no special way to administer the sacrament, the primary kids stood shoulder to shoulder on the stand to sing their special musical number, and they had a pie social after church for Father's Day.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, bluebell said:

My parents' ward in northern Wyoming is basically back to normal now, just without the second hour and free run of the building.  For sacrament yesterday they had no social distancing, no masks, no special way to administer the sacrament, the primary kids stood shoulder to shoulder on the stand to sing their special musical number, and they had a pie social after church for Father's Day.

Has Wyoming lifted all restrictions?  I tried looking on the WY health dept website, but their doesn't seem to be very much information.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ksfisher said:

Has Wyoming lifted all restrictions?  I tried looking on the WY health dept website, but their doesn't seem to be very much information.

Not that I know of.  Last I heard the restaurants in town were still only able to operate at 50% capacity indoors, for example.  I know they have very few cases in Wyoming though, and I don't think there are any cases in their specific county.  

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...