Sign in to follow this  
smac97

So We Attended Church Today, First Time in Three Months....

On 6/16/2020 at 9:23 PM, pogi said:

Hospitalizations are delayed by a week of symptom onset.  Deaths will be delayed even further. If death rate stays the same, then death will increase as positive cases increase. Give it time.  There is no reason to believe that death rates will drop as the state opens up.  It will mostly be younger people returning to work and going to protests. (lower death rate). These people will eventually spread it to their parents etc.  Give it time.  We will see an upward trend.

Whereabouts do you live?

Salt Lake.  That's why I've been very surprised not to personally know anyone who got the illness.  I know of people who have died, we've had ward members die during this time, but it was stated that they did not die of Covid. My brother had some covid cases at his work, my daughter had two coworkers get covid (but they had not been coming into work at all since the shutdown), and an acquaintance of my niece got it.  But luckily no deaths.  I'm happy there haven't been more, but I'm also perplexed since it is claimed to be so contagious.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, pogi said:

This is a video thy had up on their facebook page of the event.  Doesn't look like it.  Over 200 of those people were infected from this one meeting!  That is insane!  

There was obviously at least on person infected, whether or not they were sick (symptomatic) is another question.  

Who ever said that yelling and protesting next to other people doesn't spread the disease? 

I don't know if anyone has said that yelling and protesting next to other people does not spread the disease, but I am curious.  I've seen reports of singing spreading the disease and so, naturally, I expected there to be news reports of protests spreading the disease.  But I haven't seen any.  Has anyone seen any reports of illness breakouts and spread caused by protests in particular areas?  

If the protestors mostly wear masks even while yelling, but the singers did not, maybe that should help give solid evidence to the efficacy of wearing masks.  If the masks really to protect against the spread of covid 19, then we should be able to sing hymns in church, wearing masks, and we should not have to shut our communities and cities down again if there is a second wave.  We can take that as evidence that we should be able to continue business as usual for the general population, as long as we wear masks. 

edit to add;  If this is the group that had '200 cases' of covid, then it looks to me like everyone came down with it, because this isn't a huge group--I was expecting a giant congregation.  In looking at the video, it doesn't look like there are many more than 200 in attendance... wierd.

Edited by alter idem

17 minutes ago, alter idem said:

Salt Lake.  That's why I've been very surprised not to personally know anyone who got the illness.  I know of people who have died, we've had ward members die during this time, but it was stated that they did not die of Covid. My brother had some covid cases at his work, my daughter had two coworkers get covid (but they had not been coming into work at all since the shutdown), and an acquaintance of my niece got it.  But luckily no deaths.  I'm happy there haven't been more, but I'm also perplexed since it is claimed to be so contagious.

I am surprised too.  Some people are very private about revealing health information though. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, alter idem said:

I don't know if anyone has said that yelling and protesting next to other people does not spread the disease, but I am curious.  I've seen reports of singing spreading the disease and so, naturally, I expected there to be news reports of protests spreading the disease.  But I haven't seen any.  Has anyone seen any reports of illness breakouts and spread caused by protests in particular areas?  

Spikes are happening all across the country, likely due in part to protests.  The problem is that it is difficult to perform contact tracing in a protest situation.  I personally have a couple positive cases right now who state that they were at the protests.  But there is no way to trace it there for sure.  When you ask, who did you have contact with at the protest, what kind of answer do you think you will get?  Of course they are not going to know the names of the hundreds of people they had close contact with.  How are we supposed to trace that infection?  It is much easier in a tight knit church community to link infections to a single incident and location and to a single individual even. 

Edited by pogi
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, alter idem said:

this is the group that had '200 cases' of covid, then it looks to me like everyone came down with it, because this isn't a huge group--I was expecting a giant congregation.  In looking at the video, it doesn't look like there are many more than 200 in attendance... wierd.

The count includes who they infected as well, I believe. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alter idem said:

If this is the group that had '200 cases' of covid, then it looks to me like everyone came down with it, because this isn't a huge group--I was expecting a giant congregation.  In looking at the video, it doesn't look like there are many more than 200 in attendance... wierd.

From the link I posted earlier, there were 'over 100 people' at the event, but it had led to 'least 236 coronavirus cases'. So yeah, once infected, people spread it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, alter idem said:

If the protestors mostly wear masks even while yelling, but the singers did not, maybe that should help give solid evidence to the efficacy of wearing masks.  If the masks really to protect against the spread of covid 19, then we should be able to sing hymns in church, wearing masks, and we should not have to shut our communities and cities down again if there is a second wave.  We can take that as evidence that we should be able to continue business as usual for the general population, as long as we wear masks.

With mask, it is a word game - prevent, reduce, stop. Almost no one, except thise in the medical field have access to legitimate N95 masks or legitimate KN95 masks. Because almost no one has access to legitimate filtering masks; we are left with homemade masks or fake masks sold under the pretense of legitimacy.

So almost everyone is wearing a homemade mask or other cloth type mask. These do not stop coronavirus spread. The cloth type help to reduce spread. The cloth masks almost all are wearing only reduce distance of spread, yelling, loud talking, etc...reduce the abilities.

The masks that most of have don't stop covid-19 from being put into the breathable ait of others, nor do the masks stop another from breathing in covid-19. Infected Protestors, wearing cloth masks, are spreading infection among the protests.

A wearer of a cloth mask still need to social distance.

side story about KN95: I contacted a medical supply company in Salt Lake valley and asked about the masks labeled as KN95, I was told the masks were for public use only - which tells me they are not certified/tested KN95 masks

Edited by provoman
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, provoman said:

side story about KN95: I contacted a medical supply company in Salt Lake valley and asked about the masks labeled as KN95, I was told the masks were for public use only - which tells me they are not certified/tested KN95 masks

Good to know

On 6/14/2020 at 1:51 PM, smac97 said:

Our family was fortunate in being able to attend Sacrament Meeting today.  Here are the particulars of how our ward/stake are handling this:

1. The wards in our stake are authorized to conduct services every other week, and each ward will divvy up their ward into two Sacrament Meetings.  For example, our ward had half of us meet at 9:00, and the other half meet at 10:30.  Next week we will not have meetings, so as to the allow the other ward in our building to use the facilities.

2. The building was heavily sanitized before and after the meeting.

3. Most of the building was cordoned off.  Only one door was open for ingress/egress.

4. Everyone was strongly encouraged to wear a mask, and required to observe "social distancing" guidelines.

5. Members older than 60 were encouraged to not attend, as they are most at risk.

6. Upon entering the building, we were asked to sanitize our hands with alcohol, then the ushers (one of the Young Women) guided us to a particular pew.

7. Every other pew was taped off, so each family was quite far apart.

8. The Elders' Quorum and counselors in the Bishopric worked with the Young Men to sanitize and clean the Sacrament trays prior to the service.

9. The service was 45 minutes long.  No singing, just listending to a recorded hymn for the opening.  Some announcements.  Then Sacrament hymn (again, just listening), then Sacrament, then one talk, then listening to a closing hymn, then closing prayer.  The ushers dismissed one family at a time.

Overall, it was a good experience.  I look forward to a return to status quo ante, but meanwhile...

Thanks,

-Smac

Sounds painful.  The whole process would drown out the spirit.

How spiritual was this compared to your home church service?

For me, my home church services are significantly more spiritual than church at the building.  Hard to go back to church when it is less meaningful....

2 hours ago, Calm said:

Good to know

My position is, if something is claimed to be N95 or KN95 and I can purchase it....I have little faith it is genuine product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, provoman said:

My position is, if something is claimed to be N95 or KN95 and I can purchase it....I have little faith it is genuine product.

I was wondering as my husband picked some kn95 at our pharmacy. It seemed unlikely. They appear to be better than what we had though (we had masks on hand due to daughter being high risk before the plague hit) and certainly fit better. Disappointing but they are sturdy enough to get a number of uses out of them if careful (disinfecting between). 

9 hours ago, Calm said:

I was wondering as my husband picked some kn95 at our pharmacy. It seemed unlikely. They appear to be better than what we had though (we had masks on hand due to daughter being high risk before the plague hit) and certainly fit better. Disappointing but they are sturdy enough to get a number of uses out of them if careful (disinfecting between). 

Keep using them, probably better than cloth.

It is just that a genuine N95 (US standard NOISH) and genuine KN95 (Chinenes Governement statndard) means filter 95% of particles and I believe down to a certain micron size.

However, once the FDA permitted the import of KN95, so many random sellers on amazon were selling them. It is almost as if KN95 is now use to described a "style" of mask rather than the filtration cabailities of the mask. 

The FDA had prohibited the import of KN95 due to concerns about whether a particular KN95 genuine or not.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, alter idem said:

I don't know if anyone has said that yelling and protesting next to other people does not spread the disease, but I am curious.  I've seen reports of singing spreading the disease and so, naturally, I expected there to be news reports of protests spreading the disease.  But I haven't seen any.  Has anyone seen any reports of illness breakouts and spread caused by protests in particular areas?  ...

The sad thing about this is (and I'm not indicting anyone on the board or on the thread) is that things seem so agenda-driven and so not-data-driven these days that we have healthcare professionals (and if there's one thing that should be so not political, that's it) downplaying the idea that demonstrations/protests/riots(?) can spread the disease (since rioting/demonstrating/protesting is "patriotic" while anything/everything else is not).  Of all people, I don't want to believe that (a) healthcare professional(s) is/are agenda-driven and not data-driven, but that's so hard in the current environment! :angry: :unknw: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, provoman said:

Keep using them, probably better than cloth.

Can't help but be cynical.  There is a LOT more air moving sideways around the edge than is filtering THRU the masks.  I am inclined to agree with commentators that they are mind control devices used for stoking a minimum level of hysteria.

One interesting tidbit I learned from an acquaintance who served as an English language instructor in China.  The most prevalent reason for the use of the masks is because of the horrific air pollution besetting most Chinese metropolitan areas.

11 minutes ago, longview said:

There is a LOT more air moving sideways around the edge than is filtering THRU the masks. 

The ones I am using now are much better fit around the edges.  Glasses aren't fogging up at all once adjusted.

12 minutes ago, longview said:

The most prevalent reason for the use of the masks is because of the horrific air pollution besetting most Chinese metropolitan areas

This is true in all the Asian countries I pay attention to.  However, there is also the custom that if you are sick with a cold or whatever, you wear them to lower the possibility of giving it to others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, longview said:

Can't help but be cynical.  There is a LOT more air moving sideways around the edge than is filtering THRU the masks.  I am inclined to agree with commentators that they are mind control devices used for stoking a minimum level of hysteria.

One interesting tidbit I learned from an acquaintance who served as an English language instructor in China.  The most prevalent reason for the use of the masks is because of the horrific air pollution besetting most Chinese metropolitan areas.

I don't it is  cynical, it's science.

3 hours ago, longview said:

• Like 1

Nice video. 

10 hours ago, provoman said:

I don't it is  cynical, it's science.

The narrative is contrived so the science has been abused.  Sadly.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, longview said:

What narrative is directing the CDC?  Last I looked, the White House is directing that narrative.

Edited by pogi

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, pogi said:
1 hour ago, longview said:

What narrative is directing the CDC?  Last I looked, the White House is directing that narrative.

Dr. Fauci and Deborah Birx and other members of the "task force" are Deep State operatives.  They have been in their offices for decades.  Long before the Orange Guy came into the White House.

24 minutes ago, pogi said:

The head of WHO is a dyed in the wool marxist who has soft pedaled the crimes of CCP.  There are also many Deep Staters in the CDC.  It would be prudent to second guess the players and their track record.  You continue to be in denial about the outrageous inconsistencies in policies made throughout the covid hysteria.

Edited by longview

Posted (edited)

Deep State operatives?

image.gif.1ef9367ace5b324f629827a23b2cf3be.gif

Why doesn’t he fire them then?

Their diabolical master plan is to get us all to wear masks.  NEVER!!!

Edited by pogi
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pogi said:

Deep State operatives?

image.gif.1ef9367ace5b324f629827a23b2cf3be.gif

Why doesn’t he fire them then?

Their diabolical master plan is to get us all to wear masks.  NEVER!!!

There are too many of them.  He has to be stepping carefully on eggshells on some issues because of the foaming-in-the-mouth hatred exhibited by the dominant media.