Seriously No Politics ×

The Fate of the Unredeemed

On 10/15/2020 at 9:21 AM, theplains said:

It might make more sense if you consider Jesus is both God and man. 

Earlier (in this post) you said "I believe Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are distinct beings", and I think you said that the God Jesus worships is the only God of Isaiah 43:10 and 44:6 (correct me if I'm wrong).  So if Jesus is a distinct being from his Father and Jesus is "both God and man" (as you say here), is the God Jesus worships a separate being who is also God?

On 10/15/2020 at 9:21 AM, theplains said:

I can't understand how Latter-day Saints believe men can become gods when church teachings indicate they are already gods.

We've talked about that so many times now (here, here, and especially here) and you seemed to finally understand it here in this post (quoted below):  

On 8/19/2020 at 12:46 PM, theplains said:

It seems like a god (a deity) = a God (a deity) and a God in embryo (a deity) is still a God (a deity) that has yet to mature. 

We've also talked about this next question several times (here, here, and here)... 

1 hour ago, theplains said:

How is Satan considered the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?

Do you see Jesus and the Father and those who overcome and sit with them in God's throne as a "god of this world" in the same way as Satan?

Edited by InCognitus
On 10/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, theplains said:

How is Satan considered the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?

By being the person the world generally follows, so-called worldly people, who is the same kind of being as our Father in heaven.

So first start with the premise that God is a word we use to refer to the most supreme being in all of existence, as well as a word we use to any person who is that kind of being, the most supreme kind.

Then ask who do most people in this world follow.  Which person?  And then ask if that is the person they should follow.  If that person is the person we refer to as our Father in heaven.  Or Jesus Christ.

On 10/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, InCognitus said:

Do you see Jesus and the Father and those who overcome and sit with them in God's throne as a "god of this world" in the same way as Satan?

No.   But in respect to Heavenly Father, I don't see him as a god like Gospel Principles (1997) taught.

1997_GP_a_god.jpg.c0991fbb3d577796cf8bb8b342bf4854.jpg

On 10/24/2020 at 6:33 AM, theplains said:

No.   But in respect to Heavenly Father, I don't see him as a god like Gospel Principles (1997) taught.

1997_GP_a_god.jpg.c0991fbb3d577796cf8bb8b342bf4854.jpg

The children of Heavenly Father do have the opportunity to become "a god", and that is like our Heavenly Father who is our God (the supreme God over all).  This entry in the 1997 Gospel Principles manual was already addressed in detail in this thread here.

Earlier in this thread (in this post) you said "I believe Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are distinct beings", and in this post you answered my question in the affirmative when I asked if God the Father is the God that Jesus worships and is the only God of Isaiah 43:10 and 44:6.  So if Jesus is a distinct being from his Father and Jesus is "both God and man" (as you say here), is the God that Jesus worships a separate being who is also God?

On 10/29/2020 at 11:50 PM, InCognitus said:

The children of Heavenly Father do have the opportunity to become "a god", and that is like our Heavenly Father who is our God (the supreme God over all).  This entry in the 1997 Gospel Principles manual was already addressed in detail in this thread here.

Earlier in this thread (in this post) you said "I believe Jesus, the Father, and the Holy Spirit are distinct beings", and in this post you answered my question in the affirmative when I asked if God the Father is the God that Jesus worships and is the only God of Isaiah 43:10 and 44:6.  So if Jesus is a distinct being from his Father and Jesus is "both God and man" (as you say here), is the God that Jesus worships a separate being who is also God?

I believe the Godhead (Trinity) is one God but 3 distinct persons.  The screenprint from the 1997
Gospel Principles seems to depict Heavenly Father as a god. 

Do Latter-day Saints understand exaltation to become a god or to become a God?