Seriously No Politics ×

Hello From New Member

40 minutes ago, TheTanakas said:

Hello, I'm Peter, a new member. I converted from Shintoism and was baptized in October 2019.
I'm currently studying Come Follow Me manual with my family.

Let me be one of the first to welcome you to this Board... I think you'll like it here... Lots of good people at varying stages within the gospel study and their faith... I was baptized at eight years old (the traditional time), but spent many years as an inactive adult... during my inactive years (from age 20) I was married to a non-member and it was difficult to maintain activity because as a member it is a definite way of life and thinking.  But I never lost my testimony, and I loved the gospel... finally, in 1995 when I was 55 years old, I was really feeling the desire to go back to Church, and my husband was fine with that... so, I reactivated, and I've never looked back.  In 1998 my husband passed away... so I'm an 80 year old woman, living with her cat on the beautiful central Oregon coast in a little place called Gleneden Beach.  I have a wonderful ward to attend in Lincoln City.   Though I'm alone (no Children), my life is rich and full.  I send you welcome and hope you'll tell us just a little more about yourself... like, interests, general location... and, are you a dog person or a cat person....

from the beach... GG 

Edited by Garden Girl
On 5/31/2020 at 3:07 PM, rpn said:

Welcome.  (Be interested to know more about the faith transition --- seems like it might have been a very different one.  But that's just nosy me.  Post what you wish, or not.:)

My conversion was nothing special as there were remnants of the Christian faith in Japan before I was
born.  Japanese people try not to be different from the rest.  But I was looking at more of a personal God
instead of what seemed like mythology to  me.  Jehovah's Witnesses and Latter-day Saints occasionally
come throughout the area and what the Latter-day said seemed more reasonable.  I was baptised about
a month after those initial meetings.

On 5/31/2020 at 7:48 PM, longview said:

I have a friend named C. Tabata.  He says the name means farmer in Japanese.  What is the Japanese meaning of yours?

Our family name means "dweller", another definition comes to something like "dweller in a rice paddy". 

• 2 weeks later...