Bombarded With Missionary Music Videos

I get the feeling that the missionaries don't have much to do so they are producing music videos and showing them on FaceBook. Lots of them.
Some of them are pretty good. For others I would say "Don't quit your day job"  😉
Are they encouraging missionaries to do things like this now?  Here's an example:

• Like 2

It's time to get creative in life -- missionary or not.

I myself was searched all over YouTube yesterday for a good "Book of Mormon Stories" music video with the actions + lyrics on screen for a teach-my-daughter tool.  

• Like 3

Have a grandson in  the Alaska Mission and they are having a hoot in trying new ways to connect with members, active and inactive, as well as with contacts.

May the spirit of inspiration continue to direct their actions and behaviors and mindsets.

• Like 4
On 5/8/2020 at 11:29 PM, JAHS said:

I get the feeling that the missionaries don't have much to do so they are producing music videos and showing them on FaceBook. Lots of them.
Some of them are pretty good. For others I would say "Don't quit your day job"  😉
Are they encouraging missionaries to do things like this now? ...

I know, & some of them are really good, but then again...

There are a number of different attempts at connecting with people by the missionaries.  We just had a convert baptism of a man who was taught all of the discussions by Zoom.  My daughter who returned early from her mission helped teach him.  I am so proud of the missionaries for everything they are trying.  I think we are going to learn new ways of sharing the gospel through all of this.  

• Like 2
On 5/8/2020 at 8:29 PM, JAHS said:

Are they encouraging missionaries to do things like this now?  Here's an example:

As my violin professor used to say, “If only the sweetest birds sang, the forest would be a very quiet place.”

• Like 2
6 hours ago, amo said:

I know, & some of them are really good, but then again...

Even if not quality, they may connect with those who know them, so may be effective in their circle. 

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

They are usually a product of they're generation, or the current style of music! But hey, I think it's endearing!

Edited by Tacenda