Seriously No Politics ×

Any Great Movies, That This Downtime Has Allowed You to Discover?

I like stumbling unto movies that I never heard of while in theaters, but they turn out to be really great finds. I have found a number of them since this pandemic has let me with even more free time. I have already seen a few, some that are just my type of movie, others that are five ️. 

One movie I happened upon, was entitled...

A Lonely Place To Die”. 

As I think of more, I thought maybe some of you could share what you have found, so I can look for them. 

1 hour ago, snowflake said:

The Mr.Rogers movie with Tom Hanks was great!  

I thought this too! But needs to be paired with this documentary as well that I believe is on Netflix called, "Won't You Be My Neighbor?". I wonder if Papa has Netflix? @Bill "Papa" Lee

Edited by Tacenda

No movie in particular, but I have been watching a telenovela called "La Hija del Mariachi" (The Daughter of the Mariachi) about a young woman, the daughter of a dead Mariachi.  She is featured as "El Lucero de Mexico" in a Mariachi group playing continuously at a restaurant-bar called La Plaza Garibaldi in Bogota, Colombia.  It is a love story about her and a rich Mexican fugitive from Mexico who is hiding out in Bogota.  Here is a particularly evocative scene from the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdiAtRMTJ10

On 4/29/2020 at 10:16 AM, The Nehor said:

I watched "Contagion". Not a great movie but very prescient but probably not a good escape movie right now.

I read an article by a psychologist that said it’s actually a great movie to watch right now because it provides a sense of closure when the scientists win against the virus.