Seriously No Politics ×

Worldwide Fast April 10th Facebook Group

12 hours ago, hearserve said:

(If this fits better in another forum, I'm good with that.)

A friend of mine of another faith alerted me to this Facebook group that was just started last night, and already has over 200,000 members worldwide.  It was started by a member, but people of many different faiths and traditions have joined, including various Christian denominations, Muslims, Bahai, agnostics, atheists, etc.  All have expressed their desire to join in  fasting and prayer in their own way.  It's an amazing show of unity.  Many former members or less active members have joined with their support, with several saying they had watched Pres. Nelson and felt an urge to return to the Church.  As one poster said, "The only requirement for participating is being human."  I love reading the comments from people of all beliefs as they express the ways in which they are turning to God, however they define Him.

Thank you for sharing. I had been invited to it, but I get invited and put in to so many facebook groups that it starts to get annoying. Overwhelming if I joined sll if them. I saw the invitation to this group and thought "why do I need to be in a group to do this fast?" 

I had no idea what was happening in the group till you posted here so I appreciate it.