Seriously No Politics ×

Virus Now Hitting Home....

The virus has now moved ever closer to my house. My Bishop and his family, who are also my in-laws, now have it. Currently we have two of our granddaughters, who are often here when out of school, who can’t go home now. My wife is afraid because people just keep coming over, despite knowing I already have a number of risk health factors. As a result, she has me on lockdown, and semi-quarantined in my own house. Due to some issues with my heart, from wearing a heart monitor for a month, my doctor’s insisted I go for a heart MRI, at the hospital. This MRI lasted 2 hours, risking even more exposure. Each day the State of Georgia lists the number of cases by county, so of the 12 cases in my country now, 8 are family members whom other family members have been in direct contact with. Needless to say, my wife worries for me, but I worry for her. 

But as always, our lives are in God’s hands. I did try to warn everyone to take this more seriously, but everyone thought, it can’t happen here, or to me. Right now I have a very sick son-in-law and granddaughter, and that is my biggest worry! I am suddenly missing very much the “Temple Prayer Rolls”. 

58 minutes ago, JamesBYoung said:

My wife finally got it.  She got to the grocery store at 7am for seniors shopping and saw the parking lot completely full.  She turned around, came home, and cried for two hours.

I pray a speedy recovery for her. Soon, if my wife wants to purchase anything she will have to do the “Sr Shopping”, as things are changing rapidly here. Having said that, her last attempt in doing so, lines were wrapped around the building. We were able to us our very large family to assist one another, but now with sick ones, we don’t have that edge, or should I say advantage.  

48 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

I have a friend...well more friend of a friend who had it bad. She survived but her comment was that saying it was basically a flu is completely wrong. She is in her 30's with no illness that should have made it more dangerous. Stay as safe as you can everyone.

I am, my wife it very overprotective concerning me. I have Sarcoidosis, diabetes, and heart problems, so she is very concerned, but I fear with it so close now, it seems like it will happen anyway. I worry for her, if something happened to her, little else would matter after that. There is no “me”, without “we”, should anything happen to her, I would no longer care what happens to me. We have been together 45 years now!  

1 hour ago, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

wife it very overprotective concerning me

Not overprotective these days.

Do you have a porch?  No need to let visitors into your home if you have an area set up outside for visitors. 

I put a Quarantine sign on the door when my daughter was constantly getting sick.  No one was allowed across the threshold who didn't live there.  We have a nice sitting area out front or back if necessary.

Edited by Calm
30 minutes ago, Calm said:

Not overprotective these days.

Do you have a porch?  No need to let visitors into your home if you have an area set up outside for visitors. 

I put a Quarantine sign on the door when my daughter was constantly getting sick.  No one was allowed across the threshold who didn't live there.  We have a nice sitting area out front or back if necessary.

We do have a large deck, my son asks friends over on Saturday to play air soft war games. We said OK, as long as they are outside in the large wooded area. But next thing I know, they are filling up my den. So we put a stop the that and more.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:08 PM, Bill “Papa” Lee said:

I pray a speedy recovery for her. Soon, if my wife wants to purchase anything she will have to do the “Sr Shopping”, as things are changing rapidly here. Having said that, her last attempt in doing so, lines were wrapped around the building. For a time were able to use our very large family to assist one another, but now with sick ones, we don’t have that edge, or should I say advantage. Even then we did not do so to purchase more than allowed,  but if something ran out elsewhere, we would know and pick up where we were. Which is why all went shopping at the same time, on the same day, so we would know what was out at which store.