Jump to content

Sl Temple Angel Moroni Lost His Trumpet


Recommended Posts

Here's a screen capture of the footage posted on Facebook:

SL-Temple-03-18-2020-Earthquake.jpg

The arrow on the right shows the location of the fallen trumpet.

The arrow on the left shows . . . a crack in the stonework of the temple?  Caused by the earthquake, perhaps?

Thanks,

-Smac

EDIT TO ADD: Or maybe not.  Here's a slightly more clear screen cap:

SL-Temple-03-18-2020-Earthquake-2.jpg

It looks like it may be electric cable snaking down the wall.  

Here's another:

SL-Temple-03-18-2020-Earthquake-4.jpg

And here's a screen cap showing Moroni sans trumpet:

SL-Temple-03-18-2020-Earthquake-3.jpg

Edited by smac97
Link to post

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/salt-lake-temple-utah-earthquake

"The Salt Lake Temple, which is undergoing a seismic upgrade, sustained minor damage during Wednesday morning's earthquake. The trumpet on the Angel Moroni statue fell off, and there is minor displacement of some of the temple's smaller spire stones. No workers were injured."

Link to post
1 hour ago, JLHPROF said:

https://www.facebook.com/ksltv/videos/650006819131178/?app=fbl

Moroni lost his trumpet on the SL Temple.  It's laying on the temple roof.

I've started a countdown clock for when Scott chimes in to inform you that it is actually "lying" on the roof, not "laying." =@

  • Like 4
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Sevenbak said:

And upon my house shall it begin...

I have to have a root canal done first then whatever can happen! I can't be involved in an apocalypse with tooth pain😷

  • Like 2
Link to post
16 minutes ago, rongo said:

I've started a countdown clock for when Scott chimes in to inform you that it is actually "lying" on the roof, not "laying." =@

Yeah I know that.  I let autocorrect have its way today.

  • Like 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

Yeah I know that.  I let autocorrect have its way today.

Ah, the old autocorrect excuse. Lying is a common word. Is it really not on your spell-checker’s list?  😛 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
Link to post
2 hours ago, Maestrophil said:

Are they remodeling the Temple and Temple Square to be ready for when the Savior returns in a few years?!  🙂

Perhaps He knew they’d be doing work on the structure now anyway, so He held back the elements until now. I’m guessing it was early enough there weren’t many construction workers on site (though I haven’t checked on that). Kind of remarkable when you think of it. 

Link to post

Clearly Moroni dropping his trumpet is the first sign of the end of proclaiming the gospel as we endure the tribulations of the Last Days so missionaries will soon be called home. According to my prophecy calculations we have 8.3785 years left until the end plus or minus 1.2343 years.

Edited by The Nehor
  • Like 4
Link to post
2 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Ah, the old autocorrect excuse.

To be fair, computers are still pretty bad at detecting the improper use of validly spelled words. ;) 

 

Link to post
6 hours ago, JLHPROF said:

https://www.facebook.com/ksltv/videos/650006819131178/?app=fbl

Moroni lost his trumpet on the SL Temple.  It's laying on the temple roof.

Now would be a great time for temple renovations anyway considering many are closed.

All in California are closed until further notice.

Link to post
4 hours ago, JAHS said:

They talk about this at about the 1:44 mark

 

Always like those "Cyrillic" experiences.  Must have been caused by Russian hackers.

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

Ah, the old autocorrect excuse. Lying is a common word. Is it really not on your spell-checker’s list?  😛 

I get so ticked off at the changes sometimes, last time it was trying to change “added” into “padded”.  There are several times it changes more common words into less common.  Someone needs to work on that algorithm to get it to leave valid words alone.  ....feels good to rant, sorry

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1
Link to post
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

I have to have a root canal done first then whatever can happen! I can't be involved in an apocalypse with tooth pain😷

I get a tooth pulled tomorrow.  Hope the apocalypse isn't in high gear until after that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, mfbukowski said:

Now would be a great time for temple renovations anyway considering many are closed.

All in California are closed until further notice.

Ours is still open for living ordinances. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, blarsen said:

I get a tooth pulled tomorrow.  Hope the apocalypse isn't in high gear until after that.

all the dentists are out of work except for emergencies

Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...