Seriously No Politics ×

Surviving Coronavirus in Style

14 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Well, I have come up with a plan to ride this thing out. I have invited many of my friends and family to a large manor to ride this out. We sealed the doors and made sure no one infected can make it in. We have hoarded all the comforts of life to make sure we are well kept.

We are also having wonderful parties. Tonight we are having a masquerade themed dance. We have done up seven rooms in solid colors except for one that some lunatic did up in all black with red lights. Kind of tacky in my opinion and it seems to scare the guests and almost no one is going in there. We also added a moment of silence for the plague every hour on the hour when the clock chimes we pause until it is finished. Oh excuse me. Just had some weirdo who is dressed up as a coronavirus sufferer join the festivities. Now that kind of a costume is tacky. I am going to go have a chat with him. I will update you on how it goes.

At your party....

Please remember only sick people entertain red oblivion.

Edited by Bernard Gui
2 hours ago, InCognitus said:

I'm building a fort out of the Costco toilet paper bundles that I've hoarded.  

I needed a few things from the store today, but the parking lots in all the places I went to around Tacoma were full and overflowing. Lines inside stretched all around the stores. At one place, people were waiting outside to get a cart from exiting shoppers. In Walmart there were no paper products, no bottled water, no bleach, cleaning products, or hand sanitizer, no aspirin, Tylenol, or ibuprofen, hardly any soups or frozen dinners. I couldn’t get into Costco or a big Asian market. A lady cut me off from a parking spot I was moving into. Eventually I was able to find a QFC where I could buy some things. Stores didn’t have enough workers to handle the crowds.Amazing. I can’t imagine what it would be like if we had a more serious emergency.

10 hours ago, The Nehor said:

Well, I have come up with a plan to ride this thing out. I have invited many of my friends and family to a large manor to ride this out. We sealed the doors and made sure no one infected can make it in. We have hoarded all the comforts of life to make sure we are well kept.

We are also having wonderful parties. Tonight we are having a masquerade themed dance. We have done up seven rooms in solid colors except for one that some lunatic did up in all black with red lights. Kind of tacky in my opinion and it seems to scare the guests and almost no one is going in there. We also added a moment of silence for the plague every hour on the hour when the clock chimes we pause until it is finished. Oh excuse me. Just had some weirdo who is dressed up as a coronavirus sufferer join the festivities. Now that kind of a costume is tacky. I am going to go have a chat with him. I will update you on how it goes.

As an English teacher, I say bravo to your plan! 

(our schools are closed for 3 weeks starting Monday and our English department decided to throw the exact same party you described... ;) )

10 hours ago, The Nehor said:

I'm missing the exact movie reference, but I have to say, in trying to figure out what it is, it's basically the plot of every zombie movie ever made. 

(Except that one french artsy zombie movie.  That one had the zombies stacking up artistic piles of chairs, and the one lady became queen of the zombies by losing her joie de vivre.)

3 hours ago, LoudmouthMormon said:

I'm missing the exact movie reference, but I have to say, in trying to figure out what it is, it's basically the plot of every zombie movie ever made. 

(Except that one french artsy zombie movie.  That one had the zombies stacking up artistic piles of chairs, and the one lady became queen of the zombies by losing her joie de vivre.)

Look under Edgar.

Please remember only sick  people entertain red oblivion.

Edited by Bernard Gui
9 hours ago, MiserereNobis said:

As an English teacher, I say bravo to your plan! 

(our schools are closed for 3 weeks starting Monday and our English department decided to throw the exact same party you described... ;) )

I am glad a few people got the reference. I have a friend who teaches literature and mentioned they were pulling that one from being the next book covered for obvious reasons.