Seriously No Politics ×

Jesus Christ

Tanyan

Paul Osborne  writes,

God is a Man

If God is a Man how can God he be in Christ (2Cor 5:19) and how can God be above all, and through all, and in you all (Eph 4:6).

mnn727  writes,

So, you're saying God made evil, hmmmm

I am saying that God created a good angel who turned evil by his own free will.

MorningStar  writes,

Ummm ... when God said that Christ was His only begotten son, I got the impression that He is His offspring. But don't listen to me. After all, my brain exploded after all the talk about Heavenly Father and Jesus both being male.

Jesus is "begotten" because of his relationship with his Father. Jesus is "the Word" that comes from his Father.

Paul Osborne  writes,

The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

and Hosea 11:9 says I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee

Tanyan  writes,

ONE GOD ENTITY= FATHER/SON/HOLY GHOST=Nature= NON GENDERED

You statement is not accurate because the Son is a man.

Paul Osborne  writes,

Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of IT that sat upon the throne.

What if we change every male pronoun refering to God in the Bible to "It"?

And maybe Jesus is a Lamb (Rev 22:1)

Paul Osborne writes,

Does this make any of us less than a man? No, it does not. Therefore, God is a Man and he is in Christ. We also are men and can be in Christ.

Do does this make God Spirit if he is in Christ?

The Son of God is Spirit and Body.

It seems that you don't believe a Divine Man can be Almighty and Omnipotent. You refuse to accept your Father for who he is. How can you expect to see his face as promised by Jesus if you are unwilling to except him who is in our own image?

I believe God is Almighty and Omnipotent. My Heavenly Father is pure spirit just like the Holy Ghost is pure spirit. He is an invisiable God that can be seen in the face of Jesus.

The attributes of God are perfected. He is a Perfect Man in every sense. That is what the prophets saw, and that is what they described when they SAW God.

God is perfect. Did they see God with their natural eyes or their spiritual eyes?

No, Jesus is not really a lamb any more than he is really the morning star. But Jesus is a Man and so also is his Father. Jesus has a right hand. Thomas felt it. I promise you that the Man sitting on that throne in heaven is real! He is a living Man

Sorry for entering this thread so late and I hope I'm not repeating something, but according to many, many scholars, in early Israel, God the Father was definitely a male type being and He had a wife and several sons including one named YWHW. I don't know about daughters and this was during the time of King David and Solomon, OIOW, the First Temple Period. In fact, many of the scriptures about this time really make more sense if taken in this context.

So, I vote that God the Father is male.

Paul Osborne writes,

Does this make any of us less than a man? No, it does not. Therefore, God is a Man and he is in Christ. We also are men and can be in Christ.

Do does this make God Spirit if he is in Christ?

The Son of God is Spirit and Body.

The Father is a spirit housed with a body of flesh and bones. He is in Christ in a spiritual sense just as we should be in Christ in a spiritual sense. Your original question,

It seems that you don't believe a Divine Man can be Almighty and Omnipotent. You refuse to accept your Father for who he is. How can you expect to see his face as promised by Jesus if you are unwilling to except him who is in our own image?

I believe God is Almighty and Omnipotent. My Heavenly Father is pure spirit just like the Holy Ghost is pure spirit. He is an invisiable God that can be seen in the face of Jesus.

He is invisible to you, Johnny. You are on this side of the veil where you can

The attributes of God are perfected. He is a Perfect Man in every sense. That is what the prophets saw, and that is what they described when they SAW God.

God is perfect. Did they see God with their natural eyes or their spiritual eyes?

You can ask the prophets when you see them in the after life. In the mean time you are obligated to accept their testimony as given in the Bible. They saw God. They described him as a Man. All Israel knew they were children made in the image of their Maker.

The testimony is sure; it is bound up in the law.

Paul O

Paul Osborne  writes,

The Father is a Man as is the Son.

I would differ ... the Son is a man, the Father is not a man like me and you

The Father is a spirit housed with a body of flesh and bones.

Again I would differ ... the Father is pure spirit.

Holy prophets have seen God. They have also seen his face - his arms, legs, and feet.

Again I ask did these Holy Prophets see God in a vision or with their natural eyes?

So, I vote that God the Father is male.

Indeed, God and Christ are glorified Men.

Meet Jesus:

Dan 10:6 His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Paul O

Paul Osborne  writes,

You can ask the prophets when you see them in the after life. In the mean time you are obligated to accept their testimony as given in the Bible. They saw God. They described him as a Man. All Israel knew they were children made in the image of their Maker.

The testimony of the Old Testament is that no form of a man was seen. Moses saw the glory of God that was visually manifested.

The Father is a spirit housed with a body of flesh and bones.

Again I would differ ... the Father is pure spirit.

Does the Bible say the Father is, "pure spirit"? No it doesn't say that. It says God is a Spirit and we know the Holy Spirit is akin to the Father. The Bible doesn't say God has no body. If you think it does, give me the verse where God says he doesn't have a physical body.

Paul O

Paul Osborne  writes,

I know you differ but the Bible is clear on this matter, Johnny. He said he is a Man. Do you understand that?

God is not a mortal man or he is not like sinful man, but he is a Man nonetheless. The Bible says so. Why do you try and strip your Father of his humanity?

Where does the bible clearly state that God the Father is a man like me and you?

If God is like you and me wouldn't that imply God the Father was once a sinful man?

Holy prophets have seen God. They have also seen his face - his arms, legs, and feet.

Again I ask did these Holy Prophets see God in a vision or with their natural eyes?

How should I know? I wasn't there. But I accept their testimony. They saw God. They described him as a Man. They described his body parts and said he was glorious in appearance and used rich symbolism to help us understand these things.

God wants us to know he is a Man. He said himself that he is, "a man" and the Lord is his name. I believe he is a divine human. That is what the Bible teaches.

Paul O

Paul Osborne  writes,

Does the Bible say the Father is, "pure spirit"? No it doesn't say that. It says God is a Spirit and we know the Holy Spirit is akin to the Father. The Bible doesn't say God has no body. If you think it does, give me the verse where God says he doesn't have a physical body.

I would agree it says that God is a Spirit ... just like the Holy Ghost is a Spirit.

Does the bible say that the Holy Ghost has no body?

Archived