Seriously No Politics ×

Jesus Christ

Tanyan

Corithians 5:16 brings alot of this into focus when Paul says what he does about flesh, which is gender------it is ALL by the SPIRIT and if you only see God or Jesus as fleshly persons---well then IMHO----you don't know God

I love that quick translation that flesh = gender. Stretching again aren't we Roman. Once again having to go extra biblical to explain your un-biblical belief in the almighty "girly-man" god of no gender.

Oh ain't this grand---once again when it comes to explaining a postion-lds cannot explain their mormon dogma---all they can do is ridicule------well please explain what flesh means in context in this verse then----show me my great errors----with scripture---please

The Mormon Jesus is a creature just like Satan is a creature ... the Jesus in the Bible is not a creature but is the creator of Satan.

Don't talk bad about Jesus!

:P

MorningStar

<_<

LDS4EVER    writes, 

The Father is God

But you just said that Jesus is God ...

No, it means Jesus is the Son of God., and God himself, just as you said He is.

This is what the Bible reveals.

God was in Christ?

Jesus is the Son of God and God himself,

so Jesus who is also God was in himself?

Jesus was not in himself ... the Son is not the Father.

Check this out. It's just plain funny.

Johnny: But you just said that Jesus is God ...

Are you saying Jesus isn't God?

Me: No, it means Jesus is the Son of God., and God himself, just as you said He is.

Johnny:This is what the Bible reveals.

So Jesus is God?

Jesus was not in himself ... the Son is not the Father.

No one has claimed that Jesus is the Father....why do you keep saying this?

Hey paul O

what do you do with the verse in the Bible where God is speaking and he says that he is NOT a man-----don't have my Bible handy as I'm at a friends house showing him this DB---so I can't lookit up

I't doesn't say God is not a man.

Paul O

The Trinity reveals that the Father is not the Son.

Ummmm ... yeah ....?

So that means they're separate beings, right? And they're both Gods. But they are one God? Yet they're different. But they're the same. But one has a body and one doesn't? And one is male and the other isn't male even though they're a father and son and one is the offspring of the other and calls him Father and the other one calls him Son and they are ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*MorningStar's brain explodes*

LDS4EVER    writes, 

Are you saying Jesus isn't God?

I am saying ... I believe Jesus is the Son of the Father and he is God himself just like other Trinitarians. I believe what the Catholic Church teaches which is:

454 The title "Son of God" signifies the unique and eternal relationship of Jesus Christ to God his Father: he is the only Son of the Father (cf. Jn 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18); he is God himself (cf. Jn 1:1). To be a Christian, one must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (cf. Acts 8:37; 1 Jn 2:23).

Oo one has claimed that Jesus is the Father....why do you keep saying this?

You keep saying that Jesus is God and the Father is God ... aren't you the one saying that Jeus is the Father.

The Trinity reveals that the Father is not the Son.

Ummmm ... yeah ....?

So that means they're separate beings, right? And they're both Gods. But they are one God? Yet they're different. But they're the same. But one has a body and one doesn't? And one is male and the other isn't male even though they're a father and son and one is the offspring of the other and calls him Father and the other one calls him Son and they are ...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*MorningStar's brain explodes*

It's OK. I'm finding out that I am in my son and I changed my own diapers.

Catholics, as I understand it, define God to be the essence shared by the Father and the Son, along with all other 'parts' of the divine.

Mormons, as I understand it, define God to be any being full of truth, light, intelligence, perfection, etc...

Do you guys now see why you are talking circles around each other? Mormons are saying there are multiple persons who are God. Catholics are saying that all the persons who are God share the same essence (Mormons might reinterpret this as the same will or the same desires or the same Godhood [i.e. however it is that they are one]). The scriptures use both ways of talking about God.

Hey paul O

what do you do with the verse in the Bible where God is speaking and he says that he is NOT a man-----don't have my Bible handy as I'm at a friends house showing him this DB---so I can't lookit up

I't doesn't say God is not a man.

Paul O

Are you sure you want to stand by that statement?

LDS4EVER    writes, 

The LDS Jesus is the Son of God born of the virgin Mary...

and he's God

...and male.

...like his Father. 

The LDS Church also teaches that Jesus and Satan were born of heavenly parents.

I would agree Jesus is male ... I would disagree that his Father is male.

You would agree that the Mormon Church teaches that Jesus and Satan were both born of heavenly parents.

God made Satan, right?

Catholics, as I understand it, define God to be the essence shared by the Father and the Son, along with all other 'parts' of the divine.

Mormons, as I understand it, define God to be any being full of truth, light, intelligence, perfection, etc...

Do you guys now see why you are talking circles around each other? Mormons are saying there are multiple persons who are God. Catholics are saying that all the persons who are God share the same essence (Mormons might reinterpret this as the same will or the same desires or the same Godhood [i.e. however it is that they are one]). The scriptures use both ways of talking about God.

Yes, I see what you are saying.

But, the difference is who has the goods. Joseph Smith saw God. The pope has never seen God, or heard his voice. Otherwise they wouldn't teach the doctrine that we read on this board.

Paul O

I am saying ... I believe Jesus is the Son of the Father and he is God himself just like other Trinitarians. I believe what the Catholic Church teaches which is:

454 The title "Son of God" signifies the unique and eternal relationship of Jesus Christ to God his Father: he is the only Son of the Father (cf. Jn 1:14, 18; 3:16, 18); he is God himself (cf. Jn 1:1). To be a Christian, one must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (cf. Acts 8:37; 1 Jn 2:23).

Hmmm, this looks familer.

Me: No one has claimed that Jesus is the Father....why do you keep saying this? 

Johnny: You keep saying that Jesus is God and the Father is God ... aren't you the one saying that Jeus is the Father.

Nope. Not saying that. But since you say that Jesus the Son of God is God himself, are you then saying that the Father isn't God?

Here, lets try this again.

I am Human

I have a son.

My son is also human

That's two humans

The Father is God.

He has a Son.

His Son is also God.

That/s two Gods.

.....both male.

MorningStar  writes,

So that means they're separate beings, right? And they're both Gods. But they are one God?

They are not one God ... they are seprate persons.

And one is male and the other isn't male even though they're a father and son and one is the offspring of the other

The Bible does not reveal the son is the "offspring" of the Father.

calls him Father and the other one calls him Son and they are ...

Called Father because this is the language of faith ... again see the earlier posts for more discussion.

Archived