Seriously No Politics ×

Corona Virus in Utah

provoman

“The patient will be treated at Intermountain Medical Center in a special unit that’s separate from the hospital and designed for high-level isolation that is only available at a few hospitals in the U.S.,” according to the statement. “It’s a self-contained unit with its own entrances and independent water and air filtration.”

Good to know has such high quality medical facilities.

Our Costco and Smiths were the same as always yesterday afternoon according to my husband. 

Shortages are being caused imo by panicked buying as opposed to actual shortages. If everyone just bought a few more things each time they go shopping over the next many months rather than trying to load up all at once, probably would achieve as much in terms of safety without running out of stuff now. 

Hopefully the panic will soon die down once people get used to the idea, but I doubt it. News sells easiest with fear imo. 

Someone just posted on my FB, that they are seriously looking for a couple rolls of toilet paper. I haven't been to a store for awhile, is this really happening? I'm glad I went to a Sam's Club not too long ago. Going shopping today and I guess I'll see. 

13 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Someone just posted on my FB, that they are seriously looking for a couple rolls of toilet paper. I haven't been to a store for awhile, is this really happening? I'm glad I went to a Sam's Club not too long ago. Going shopping today and I guess I'll see. 

So glad I'm a news junkie with anxiety. I stocked up weeks ago before the rush. I figured with China shut down, we would eventually have supply chain issues. Stocked up on extra power cords for my iphone too. I don't get why people are worried about water and/or power. I don't think that is really going to be a problem.

Husband volunteers at the Storehouse down here in Springville and says it is full of supplies.  I wonder how hard people are looking for stuff before they post shelves are bare.  I can see smaller stores might seem to have issues because inventory could be emptied with a few big purchases.

Maybe Utah Valley is just more mellow than up north.

My husband the professor has been told to be prepared for the possibility of needing to finish up the semester online.  Ends beginning of May so I think unlikely at least for many classes, but lots can change in a month.

8 hours ago, Calm said:

My husband the professor has been told to be prepared for the possibility of needing to finish up the semester online.  Ends beginning of May so I think unlikely at least for many classes, but lots can change in a month.

I just sent my son in law a lap top for this reason alone. 

I have like ten small boxes of baking soda...an error purchase by my mom plus a huge bag my husband bought by mistake for our attempt at a pool last summer.  We were thinking she would get two, she got ten.  And no room or reason to keep them in her little apartment so they ended up at my place.  Maybe I should try to sell them.

I have everything we need except hard boiled eggs (I hate peeling eggs, eggs are a bit over done bought this way, but too easy to care), Korean barbecue jerky (face it, it is like eating potato chips for me, not emergency food so not on the list at this point), cheesecake (purely for morale, massive one, freeze pieces individual for desperate moments), couple of cases of good ginger beer for when the craving hits, and potting soil...has nothing to do the virus, but those poor spider plants have gone through winter half in and half out of the soil I ran out of in fall during my repotting session.

We use a water dispenser (my husband loves gadgets and this symbolizes the good life to him) and are way overstocked at the moment of those big jugs, so no worries there...plus there is always the Faucet!!!