Seriously No Politics ×

Lgbt Children

poptart

11 minutes ago, poptart said:

Who here has LGBT children?  What's your parental relationship with them like? 

I do.  She lives at home and relationship is great.  No social life though.  Not saying that it would make a huge difference to the relationship, but I can't really predict something I haven't experienced.

38 minutes ago, Calm said:

I do.  She lives at home and relationship is great.  No social life though.  Not saying that it would make a huge difference to the relationship, but I can't really predict something I haven't experienced.

Loving this very honest answer  This relationship should never change...but you can't know what you haven't experienced.  Hoping no matter what that the future brings a loving outcome.

1 hour ago, Calm said:

This was the shocking thing I learned when I was in WA, contrary to what you hear a lot of LDS parents are fantastic to their kids.  My father despised me in life because I reminded him of the life he ruined for himself, if he knew I was LGBT he'd have hated my guts even more than he already did, knowing him he may have even tried to murder me, he was that bad.  Way to be a good parent, LGBT kids have it rough as it is.

Edited by poptart
4 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

I might but right now my son is with a girl and says his wondering is over. 

My husband and I accept our kids as they are.  

For me unless i find someone who meshes with moms family It's probably going to be a guy for me.  The family values most people here make me sick and I've suffered enough.