Seriously No Politics ×

Romney's Decision Process for Vote on Impeachment

7 hours ago, Scott Lloyd said:

To preclude the possibility of implying the Church’s endorsement for his position. 

If you’re going to quote hymns and cite scripture, you’d better be clear on whether or not you’re speaking for the Church. 

I think we ought to be less sensitive to that sort of thing.  Speak our minds and let the chips fall where they may.

2 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

Smart man.

"After Trump suggested that Romney was faking his religiosity and its influence on his decision to convict and suggested -- with zero proof -- that Romney's polling numbers had flagged as a result, Lee stood up to accept Trump's congratulations. "We can say Mike Lee is by far the most popular senator from Utah," Trump said as Lee rose.

At what point does Mike Lee also make his disclaimer that he doesn't speak for the Church? Instead he takes a stand to accept applause, just a few seconds after Trump publicly attacks Romney's faith from the White House. Will Lee make it clear that while he disagrees with Romney's vote, he doesn't approve of the attacks on Romney's faith?

Things are going to be very backwards from here on. I personally am siding with Romney on this on.

Edited by Rajah Manchou
7 minutes ago, Rajah Manchou said:

"After Trump suggested that Romney was faking his religiosity and its influence on his decision to convict and suggested -- with zero proof -- that Romney's polling numbers had flagged as a result, Lee stood up to accept Trump's congratulations. "We can say Mike Lee is by far the most popular senator from Utah," Trump said as Lee rose.

At what point does Mike Lee also make his disclaimer that he doesn't speak for the Church? Instead he takes a stand to accept applause, just a few seconds after Trump publicly attacks Romney's faith from the White House. Will Lee make it clear that while he disagrees with Romney's vote, he doesn't approve of the attacks on Romney's faith?

Things are going to be very backwards from here on. I personally am siding with Romney on this on.

I loved Mike Lee’s clear constitutional arguments. Mike Lee has already tweeted he felt Romney was very, very wrong. 

I think President Trump was expressing his sincere, heartfelt feelings about Senator Romney. He was probably following his conscience too. 😉 

1 minute ago, bsjkki said:

I think President Trump was expressing his sincere, heartfelt feelings about Senator Romney. He was probably following his conscience too. 😉 

Certainly true. Donald Trump sincerely feels that Romney is an evil loser who hypocritically uses his Mormon faith as a crutch.

I just sincerely disagree with President Trump.