Seriously No Politics ×

The Fate of Moroni?

I see online, at the CHL, this document about the "The Fate of Moroni" and I have never heard this story before, it has the hallmarks of a rumour-aka filtered information but nonetheless has anyone heard this or has heard whatever happened to Moroni? here is the letter

"At a meeting in Spanish Fork, Utah Co.in the winter of 1896, Brother Higginson stated in my presence that Thomas B. Marsh told him that the Prophet Joseph Smith told him (Thomas B. Marsh, being the President of the Twelve), that he became very anxious to know something of the fate of Moroni, and in answer to prayer the Lord gave Joseph a vision, in which appeared a wild country and on the scene was Moroni after whom were six Indians were in pursuit; he stopped and one of the Indians measured swords with him. Moroni smote him and he fell dead; another indian advanced and contended with him; this indian also fell by his sword;a third indian then stepped forth and met the same fate: a fourth afterwards contended with him but in the struggle with the fourth, Moroni being exhausted, was killed. Thus ended the life of Moroni."

Charles D. Evans

Has anyone ever heard anything like this before?

4 minutes ago, Sevenbak said:

That is the only account I have seen.   I believe Darren Southam used that same narrative in his Reign of Judges kickstarter campaign, beginning with the last battle of Moroni.  

https://www.facebook.com/reignofjudgesmovie/videos/441861286476111/?v=441861286476111

in all likelihood they got that idea from this document, most interesting!

7 hours ago, Duncan said:

I see online, at the CHL, this document about the "The Fate of Moroni" and I have never heard this story before, it has the hallmarks of a rumour-aka filtered information but nonetheless has anyone heard this or has heard whatever happened to Moroni? here is the letter

"At a meeting in Spanish Fork, Utah Co.in the winter of 1896, Brother Higginson stated in my presence that Thomas B. Marsh told him that the Prophet Joseph Smith told him (Thomas B. Marsh, being the President of the Twelve), that he became very anxious to know something of the fate of Moroni, and in answer to prayer the Lord gave Joseph a vision, in which appeared a wild country and on the scene was Moroni after whom were six Indians were in pursuit; he stopped and one of the Indians measured swords with him. Moroni smote him and he fell dead; another indian advanced and contended with him; this indian also fell by his sword;a third indian then stepped forth and met the same fate: a fourth afterwards contended with him but in the struggle with the fourth, Moroni being exhausted, was killed. Thus ended the life of Moroni."

Charles D. Evans

Has anyone ever heard anything like this before?

I saw a video with this same action in the CFM material, but it was to portray an alternate reality for the thought experiment about what we would be missing if we didn't have he Book of Mormon (the scene was similar, except Moroni was killed before he could bury the plates).

Edited by CV75
On 1/28/2020 at 8:59 PM, Duncan said:

....Brother Higginson stated in my presence that Thomas B. Marsh told him that the Prophet Joseph Smith told him....

Let’s see.....in Spanish Fork, 52 years after Joseph died,  (1)Brother Evans said that (2)Brother Higginson said that (3)Brother Marsh said that (4)Brother Joseph said that (5)the Lord said....

We used to play the “telephone game” when I was a kid. Actually, he wasn’t contending with six Indians. He was counting sick elephants. And it wasn’t a sword fight, but rather a long night. Instead of being exhausted after four, he said he thought it was a bore. They didn’t measure swords. They marched on boards. He didn’t say the fourth killed him. He said the fourth thrilled him. And it wasn’t Moroni. It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the rope. 

Besides, everyone knows that no man nor any group of men, large or small, were ever a match for Moroni.

Edited by Bernard Gui

Nobody messes with Moroni.

post-1143-0-14792600-1344886010_thumb.jpg

4 hours ago, Calm said:

Are you intentionally using the Mitt Romney version of that image?

Oh yes. Captain Romni. Compare with the movie poster I linked above. 

Edited by Bernard Gui
2 hours ago, sunstoned said:

It kind of looks like Mit Romney in that picture. It took me a while to figure this out.

It’s a painting of the lesser known Book of Mormon figure Captain Romni who waged battle with King Trumpumr.

Edited by Bernard Gui
On 1/30/2020 at 1:50 AM, Bernard Gui said:

Let’s see.....in Spanish Fork, 52 years after Joseph died,  (1)Brother Evans said that (2)Brother Higginson said that (3)Brother Marsh said that (4)Brother Joseph said that (5)the Lord said....

We used to play the “telephone game” when I was a kid. Actually, he wasn’t contending with six Indians. He was counting sick elephants. And it wasn’t a sword fight, but rather a long night. Instead of being exhausted after four, he said he thought it was a bore. They didn’t measure swords. They marched on boards. He didn’t say the fourth killed him. He said the fourth thrilled him. And it wasn’t Moroni. It was Colonel Mustard in the library with the rope. 

Besides, everyone knows that no man nor any group of men, large or small, were ever a match for Moroni.

6 hours ago, Bernard Gui said:

It’s a painting of the lesser known Book of Mormon figure Captain Romni who waged battle with King Trumpumr.

Mittromni, the One Mighty and Strong! :D:rofl:  :D