Who's playing the new monster hunter expansion iceborne?

poptart

On 1/9/2020 at 8:37 AM, The Nehor said:

I am spending too much time playing Stellar Monarch. A small indie game 4x but I keep wanting one more turn.

How is that?

6 hours ago, Stargazer said:

My main time waster used to be this board.

Then it became World of Tanks, then World of Warships.

Now it is Reddit.

I'm pathetic.

Lol could be worse, could be 4chan.

Here's the other game I'm curious about.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:11 PM, poptart said:

How is that?

Lol could be worse, could be 4chan.

Here's the other game I'm curious about.

Niche game but I liked it.

I am old enough that I have nostalgia for the earlier Final Fantasy titles over 7. My favorites are 4, 6, and 9. I have not played any of the more recent ones. I do not spend as much time in digital gaming as I used to. Too much other stuff I want or have to do.

47 minutes ago, The Nehor said:

Niche game but I liked it.

I am old enough that I have nostalgia for the earlier Final Fantasy titles over 7. My favorites are 4, 6, and 9. I have not played any of the more recent ones. I do not spend as much time in digital gaming as I used to. Too much other stuff I want or have to do.

FFVII I think was one of those games that made the anti-hero popular.  To this day I hate goody two shoes types, give me the selfish merc who in the end gets tired of peoples stupidity, does the job no one else will and the best part, walks away with a lot of money.

Before that I think it was movies from my brothers days like Conan the Barbarian, another personal fav.

Also i've always been a huge Cloud Strife fanboy.

Edited by poptart
3 hours ago, poptart said:

FFVII I think was one of those games that made the anti-hero popular.  To this day I hate goody two shoes types, give me the selfish merc who in the end gets tired of peoples stupidity, does the job no one else will and the best part, walks away with a lot of money.

Before that I think it was movies from my brothers days like Conan the Barbarian, another personal fav.

Also i've always been a huge Cloud Strife fanboy.

Cloud wasn’t an antihero. He was a delusional amnesiac who played one because he copied his personality from his dead friend/rescuer as a coping mechanism.  When he finally got his brain sorted out back to who he was or who he became he was just a hero.

While I can appreciate a good antihero it has become such a cliche now that a legitimate hero would actually be nice.

I enjoyed the FF games back in the day, but the newer ones make me feel like I'm just wandering my way through an interactive anime (and an often poorly written one at that) as opposed to actually playing / engaging in a real, well thought out / well designed game. YMMV.