Seriously No Politics ×

Help dvd problems

I don't know if it's the DVD player or the DVD. I'll be watching a show like NCIS and it will get to a chapter break and not play the rest of the show. I have used DVD cleaners and the DVD itself has been washed and appears clean. It's driving me nuts. Do I need a new DVD player?

Has it done it with more than one DVD, just a few, or several?  Are the affected DVDs much newer or older than the player?  Was it always that way with those DVDs or something new?

I had a few CDs that would register "1" but never play, just keep spinning like it was looking for something on the car CD player, but were fine on others.  They may have been bootlegged (we picked up at least one iirc in Russia), but we always dumped the cases so as far as I know it was only one possibility and not sure even there.

Edited by Calm
15 minutes ago, Calm said:

Yes we use a disc  that you put in and has little brushes on and goes through a cleaning routine. It's probably because it's in a ocean environment or a marine environment. I guess I'll just break down and buy a new DVD player.

Two years for a DVD player shouldn't matter... I use mine continually and it is at least 5+ years old... it's a Panasonic combo VHS/DVD player-recorder...

GG

2 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

Yes we use a disc  that you put in and has little brushes on and goes through a cleaning routine. It's probably because it's in a ocean environment or a marine environment. I guess I'll just break down and buy a new DVD player.

Did you repeat the cleaning just in case it needed a deeper than normal one?

The humidity probably does make a big difference.  Maybe if you don't use it constantly, and it's not that big and easy to disconnect, storing it in something that absorbs moisture might help...but not something that might create a bunch of dust on its own and created cleaning issues.

Edited by Calm
4 minutes ago, rodheadlee said:

I could try doing it several times in a row that might work.

You should try it at least twice and given your marine environment, can't hurt to try a few more if still not working....and then just do it more frequently in the future.