Jump to content

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Calm said:

I go for small frequent meals and the only thing for breakfast I really like that makes me not feel instantly tired is eggs or toasted naan and almond butter. Since I am currently using eggs a lot for dinner (chronic fatigue does not lead to much variety in cooking for me and scrambled eggs are better for me than frozen pizzas), it is pretty much almond butter every morning. 
 

Somehow I don’t think I would get that request in jail. 
 

Dang, I doubt if I could get my obligatory fresh basil and thyme for my eggs either. 
 

Guess I will just have to forego the jail experience. 

I also eat a lot of eggs, and I love toast with lots of butter but carbs love me too much so I have to limit them. I also like avocado toast, and haven't been able to give up bread enough to try my avocado on rice cakes, meh. I should eat healthier. Toasted naan with almond butter sounds delicious, I should try it. I think Chad is a foodie, and being in jail is hard on people who love food or use it to self 'medicate'. If I was locked up there'd be no piecing and snacking when I got the urge, and no favorite meals, just what they give you. I think Chad looked like he put some weight on while Lori was in jail, and then lost some when he was put in jail.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I hadn't seen a discussion with any of the Daybell children until now, it's a short one and at first I thought that it wouldn't be a nice one, but this was!!

 

Link to post

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/09/chad-daybells-attorney-asks-for-case-to-be-dropped/
 

The only reason I can think of Prior is doing this is to 1) justify his paycheck, 2) keep his own name present in the public’s attention,  or 3) trying to get the idea the case has issues in the public’s mind to make it easier to persuade a juror come trial time. 
 

Someone on websleuths suggested it was to pressure prosecution to get the discovery to him, having asked twice already. If so, that seems an appropriate tactic....even if laughable in part on its face (seriously?!, this is not insufficient evidence for a trial...2 dead kids in his backyard and he is the only one living there who might have a motive or knows someone with a possible motive).

Edited by Calm
  • Like 2
Link to post
4 hours ago, Calm said:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/09/chad-daybells-attorney-asks-for-case-to-be-dropped/
 

The only reason I can think of Prior is doing this is to 1) justify his paycheck, 2) keep his own name present in the public’s attention,  or 3) trying to get the idea the case has issues in the public’s mind to make it easier to persuade a juror come trial time. 
 

Someone on websleuths suggested it was to pressure prosecution to get the discovery to him, having asked twice already. If so, that seems an appropriate tactic....even if laughable in part on its face (seriously?!, this is not insufficient evidence for a trial...2 dead kids in his backyard and he is the only one living there who might have a motive or knows someone with a possible motive).

This doesn't seem surprising to me, it's certainly not uncommon for someone in his position, who pleaded 'not guilty' and is moving forward to trial, to request that the charges be dropped.  They aren't going to do it, but it's like putting it in the record of the court proceedings anyway.

I'm hoping that Chad will spare his and Lori's families a trial and eventually plea bargain.  He won't do it for them, he had no qualms of putting them through hell for months on end, but he'd do it if it comes to the point that it's in his best interest to take a plea deal.imo

  • Like 2
Link to post
19 minutes ago, alter idem said:

but he'd do it if it comes to the point that it's in his best interest to take a plea deal.imo

I agree. I think he likes attention which will disappear more or less once he gets a plea deal, but he also appears to have a bigger need to be liked that LVD (she was smug and snotty as she walked past her son and the extended family and friends while he chose to have friendly conversations with a couple of people when they happened to be one on one and were nice, not pushy with him).  Look how he is so helpful in court.

If he is continually exposed to the hate many have for him, even strangers, it may wear him down where LVD might see it as demonstrating her superiority.  It is all guess work though. He may feel the same way given I see that attitude pretty strong among some preppers (they see disagreement or anger at the disruption they have caused in families as persecution and that proves they are doing the work of God).

A lot of people are thinking this goes deeper and wider involving an extended cult and that Daybell was just a frontman for someone powerful, so the only thing I would push a trial for was to ensure more details about who was involved were made public so something could be done if necessary (at least turn off church members to the more extreme versions of preppers) and people could be reassured this version was limited to few and the only concerns left would be Alex Cox’s widow and the niece, MP and her husband...who may or may not be just sticking around for the baby’s sake...it should be showing up soon if it hasn’t already, I am thinking. 

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1
Link to post
14 hours ago, Calm said:

I agree. I think he likes attention which will disappear more or less once he gets a plea deal, but he also appears to have a bigger need to be liked that LVD (she was smug and snotty as she walked past her son and the extended family and friends while he chose to have friendly conversations with a couple of people when they happened to be one on one and were nice, not pushy with him).  Look how he is so helpful in court.

If he is continually exposed to the hate many have for him, even strangers, it may wear him down where LVD might see it as demonstrating her superiority.  It is all guess work though. He may feel the same way given I see that attitude pretty strong among some preppers (they see disagreement or anger at the disruption they have caused in families as persecution and that proves they are doing the work of God).

A lot of people are thinking this goes deeper and wider involving an extended cult and that Daybell was just a frontman for someone powerful, so the only thing I would push a trial for was to ensure more details about who was involved were made public so something could be done if necessary (at least turn off church members to the more extreme versions of preppers) and people could be reassured this version was limited to few and the only concerns left would be Alex Cox’s widow and the niece, MP and her husband...who may or may not be just sticking around for the baby’s sake...it should be showing up soon if it hasn’t already, I am thinking. 

My own opinion is that Chris Parrett (owner of AVOW) is a possible 'someone powerful' whom Chad was associated with and likely an influence on him.  He's wealthy, he's got lots of influence with people on his private forum, and I heard that he was holding weekly meetings where others were taught some of these fringe beliefs.  And he's staunchly defended Chad. Daybell was one of the group, I think, who decided he didn't just want to be a cog in the wheel, but wanted to be more special--the thing that motivates a lot of these kinds of people who go off in these cultish groups.

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, alter idem said:

I think they should do it, as long as they've got the same charges and they obviously acted together, it would be a reasonable request, but I think Chad and Lori's lawyers will fight it.

It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see those two in the same room together, that would be entertaining, yes, I'm evil. 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Tacenda said:

It probably won't happen, but I'd like to see those two in the same room together, that would be entertaining, yes, I'm evil. 

I would too.  I'd like the two of them to have to be on trial together, it would make this whole thing even more tragic, the two of them together, having to face the mess they created by insisting on being together, no matter the cost.

  • Like 1
Link to post

As expected:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/09/chad-daybells-attorney-asks-to-move-jury-trial-from-fremont-county/

Also on Twitter, Mark Means is attacking the Woodcocks' credibility because they reported they were wearing mics outside of the courthouse for a documentary.  I will post a link if I see one that screenshoots it as I am not sure if Twitter links always go directly to the Twit or not.  Mark Means, btw, is a jerk imo and not very professional (in part because of certain things he has done in court, like claim his client's rights were superseded by public need, but also because he won't put much effort into editing his work; even his website is full of errors that would take a few minutes to correct and that leaves it and him looking cheap and tacky).

Not everything, but gives an idea:

https://m.facebook.com/201001119920095/posts/3434158546604320/

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1
Link to post

With all the work his attorney is doing, Chad is blowing through Tammy's life insurance money quick. All these motions, survey, investigators etc. cost money.   I wonder what Chad will do when it's all gone, which, at this rate, could happen.  And, who's paying for Lori's attorney?  Is that coming from Tammy's money too?  And were they living off the life insurance money in Hawaii?  I wonder how his children feel about that?

I also wonder if we'll see Tammy's autopsy report anytime soon.  I'm more convinced that she did not die of natural causes.

  • Like 3
Link to post

From a former cell mate of LVD’s, whether or not she is telling the truth or playing to the crowd not sure how one could establish. I don’t remember it saying whether or not she was paid for the interview and don’t want to reread it at this point. 
 

The only point I care about is Colby’s phone calls. Her claiming not to see him because of too many people...she was walking right in front of him. 
 

His asking where the kids were...hopefully this puts to rest those who believe Colby knew what was going on.  They need to accept one doesn’t usually jump to “my mom killed my siblings” even if the relationship is weird and it is unrealistic to expect Colby to go there even if he felt it was weird, especially when there appears to be no sign of violence in her mothering, just emotional abuse and neglect  

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/09/woman-speaks-out-after-spending-4-days-in-jail-alone-with-lori-vallow-daybell/

Quote

The woman has asked EastIdahoNews.com not to use her real name for safety reasons. In this story, we will refer to her as Missy Cook. Madison County Jail officials confirm Cook was incarcerated on a parole violation at the time Daybell was booked. Cook was later sent to another correctional facility until she was recently released from custody. 

Cook visited with EastIdahoNews.com for two hours last week and provided notes she kept while behind bars in Madison County. The notes detail conversations Cook allegedly had with Daybell.

 

Edited by Calm
Link to post

It has been a year since last documented sighting of Tylee, Sept 8, 2019.

Link to post
14 hours ago, Calm said:

It has been a year since last documented sighting of Tylee, Sept 8, 2019.

I visited Yellowstone recently and kept thinking of Tylee. :(

Link to post
24 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

Are these charges and a trial just to buy time to put together a case for murder? 

Hard to know.  Prosecutor isn’t saying anything about murder charges.  Given they weren’t killed at the same time seems unlikely to be able to claim accidental death. 
 

However, in Idaho conspiracy gets you the same as the act itself, so the charges aren’t minor.  Perhaps if they demonstrate first conspiracy to cover up the deaths, when they bring murder charges, it won’t matter if they can’t prove who did it as long as the connection has been established. 
 

Not a lawyer though, so clueless about this. Do know that they can’t just charge them for murder again using the same evidence they use for these charges. Needs to have something substantially different to justify new trial. 
 

They didn’t find anything suspicious apparently in Cox’s autopsy, Tammy’s has not been released yet, and charges in Charles Vallow if they are coming won’t be for at least several more months. From reports, it sounds likenVallow’s forensics were really screwed up as they were back in the house by the afternoon, so while the police there were acting confident, I have my doubts unless there is digital evidence that there is much they can do.

Edited by Calm
Link to post

I believe this is the first public sign of disagreement. Chad Daybell’s lawyer, John Prior, is appealing joining the two cases, he doesn’t want it to happen. 
 

Otoh, Mark Means filed that they have no objecting to the joinder.

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Notice of Nonobjection RE Motion For Joinder.pdf

John Prior is the more experienced lawyer, there were hints in some of what he said that suggested he was trying to distance CD from LVD...as in claim CD just believed what he was told and didn’t know what LVD or Alex Cox had done to the kids. Speculating he might claim that LVD killed the kids and AC buried them on Daybell’s land as a way to control him (threatened if he goes to police, he will be seen as a coconspirator sort of thing). 
 

I can see Mark Means thinking it will be harder for Prior to dump this on LVD if she is sitting in the courtroom next to Daybell as they will be seen as a couple. So Prior will more likely choose to focus on Alex Cox as villain and LVD and CD as too trusting victims, which does Means’ work for him.  
 

Harder for LVD and therefore less reason to sever cases to demonstrate she was manipulated by Daybell into covering up the murders as few would believe that given the videos of her in Hawaii or the fact she has refused to say anything after arrested, that she was afraid enough for some reason not to say anything about the murder of her kids.  Means would have to show there was some kind of organization behind Daybell that could get to her if she had turned CD in after Cox’s death, which removed him as a danger to her, imo. 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Someone pointed out on websleuths that generally speaking jail conditions (where potentially innocent defendants wait for trial when not out on bail) tend to be better than prison conditions, more privileges, etc. That combined with sentences giving credit for times served, if one anticipates serving some time after a trial in prison, delaying a trial for a long time is not a bad idea as more jail time means less prison time. Her setup sounds boring but comfortable enough with her own cell and limited contact with other inmates in the shared area if anyone else is in there, outside once a day.  So her lawyer asking for extensions isn’t surprising to me, especially given the amount of discovery I believe there is with all the phone stuff and possibly court documents from her lawsuits.

The biggest question is how this extended attention is getting paid for. Maybe Means isn’t that busy otherwise and hopes this case brings him higher visibility or perhaps the Coxes are footing the bill or somehow LVD managed enough self control she stashed money away when she was paying bills and such as apparently Charles Vallow was okay with her handling that side of their life. 

Edited by Calm
  • Like 2
Link to post
On 9/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, Calm said:

Hard to know.  Prosecutor isn’t saying anything about murder charges.  Given they weren’t killed at the same time seems unlikely to be able to claim accidental death. 
 

However, in Idaho conspiracy gets you the same as the act itself, so the charges aren’t minor.  Perhaps if they demonstrate first conspiracy to cover up the deaths, when they bring murder charges, it won’t matter if they can’t prove who did it as long as the connection has been established. 
 

Not a lawyer though, so clueless about this. Do know that they can’t just charge them for murder again using the same evidence they use for these charges. Needs to have something substantially different to justify new trial. 
 

They didn’t find anything suspicious apparently in Cox’s autopsy, Tammy’s has not been released yet, and charges in Charles Vallow if they are coming won’t be for at least several more months. From reports, it sounds likenVallow’s forensics were really screwed up as they were back in the house by the afternoon, so while the police there were acting confident, I have my doubts unless there is digital evidence that there is much they can do.

Since Conspiracy is a different charge she could be charged both with murder and conspiracy.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...