Jump to content

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)


Recommended Posts

The East Coast is reporting they are still there.  Perhaps Doomsday hits when the 22nd hits Idaho.

Waiting anxiously....:ph34r:8)

Prosecutor appears to be getting ready for the prelim.  Has hired a PR firm...I am guessing because lots of people are going to be unhappy or demanding things be done a certain way, or won't be satisfied no matter what is done (lot of nasty stuff out there about the police depts involved, including claims that Daybell has allies in the LE community, that he is just a front man and someone higher up is pulling his strings....I have no clue why they think this unless they are looking for a way to explain his former popularity on AVOW and PAP).

No video requested for the prelim, just audio and transcripts to avoid more tainting of jury pool.  Committed to being as transparent as possible, but need to ensure integrity of the investigation as well as a fair trial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=iIqu_A7r8v0

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/07/prosecutor-asks-judge-to-ban-video-cameras-at-daybell-preliminary-hearings/

Edited by Calm
  • Like 2
Link to post
On 7/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, katherine the great said:

Two more days until doomsday! Maybe when the world is still here on Thursday, they will rethink.

Do the Daybell's believe today is supposed to be doomsday?

Oh man, this is going to be a bad day for them as they sit in prison.  Let the terrible realization of just what they have done sink in.

Edited by pogi
Link to post
26 minutes ago, pogi said:

Do the Daybell's believe today is supposed to be doomsday?

Oh man, this is going to be a bad day for them as they sit in prison.  Let the terrible realization of just what they have done sink in.

Unfortunately when Charles didn’t die on schedule in a car accident like Daybell predicted, he had the answer that someone’s agency altered it.  More than likely a number of predications haven’t come true and he has used that explanation. It is a familiar one. 

So if they really believe, I don’t think this will change things. Instead they will reassure themselves with all they got right...earthquakes and other disasters. Perhaps they even imagine Covid is removing the zombies that they used to kill off 10,000 for a day’s worth of prayer/ritual, it is a punishment for them being harassed and then imprisoned by the world. 

If they don’t really believe but just want to believe it (why would you want to believe your child is a zombie?) , it may shift thinking a bit. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
8 minutes ago, Calm said:

Unfortunately when Charles didn’t die on schedule in a car accident like Daybell predicted, he had the answer that someone’s agency altered it.  More than likely a number of predications haven’t come true and he has used that explanation. It is a familiar one. 

So if they really believe, I don’t think this will change things. Instead they will reassure themselves with all they got right...earthquakes and other disasters. Perhaps they even imagine Covid is removing the zombies that they used to kill off 10,000 for a day’s worth of prayer/ritual, it is a punishment for them being harassed and then imprisoned by the world. 

If they don’t really believe but just want to believe it (why would you want to believe your child is a zombie?) , it may shift thinking a bit. 

Was this a prediction from Chad, or something from Julie Rowe?  Was this a prediction that many in the AVOW group believed in?

Link to post
7 minutes ago, pogi said:

Was this a prediction from Chad, or something from Julie Rowe?  Was this a prediction that many in the AVOW group believed in?

A poster on another forum mentioned that it was in the Divorce Documents that Charles filed (though he didn't go through with it), he claimed that Lori believes she is “a god assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 at Christ’s second coming in July 2020."  Others also referred to hearing about this from them, but Chad and Lori have not spoken about it that I know of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
13 hours ago, Calm said:

The East Coast is reporting they are still there.  Perhaps Doomsday hits when the 22nd hits Idaho.

Waiting anxiously....:ph34r:8)

Prosecutor appears to be getting ready for the prelim.  Has hired a PR firm...I am guessing because lots of people are going to be unhappy or demanding things be done a certain way, or won't be satisfied no matter what is done (lot of nasty stuff out there about the police depts involved, including claims that Daybell has allies in the LE community, that he is just a front man and someone higher up is pulling his strings....I have no clue why they think this unless they are looking for a way to explain his former popularity on AVOW and PAP).

No video requested for the prelim, just audio and transcripts to avoid more tainting of jury pool.  Committed to being as transparent as possible, but need to ensure integrity of the investigation as well as a fair trial.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=iIqu_A7r8v0

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/07/prosecutor-asks-judge-to-ban-video-cameras-at-daybell-preliminary-hearings/

While I dismiss the conspiracy theories, I think Christopher Parrett(owner of AVOW) was likely involved with Chad's private meetings, because I read that he was holding them too, and he was such a staunch supporter of them for months.  With Chad gone, I think Christopher Parrett and Hector Sosa Jr.(one of Chad's authors and also a super staunch supporter who ran another private forum) are continuing their private groups, watching and waiting to see if they'll be exposed.  Right now with Church meetings suspended, these people are being given a reprieve from coming under scrutiny by their church leaders. IMO

  • Like 1
Link to post
1 hour ago, pogi said:

Was this a prediction from Chad, or something from Julie Rowe?  Was this a prediction that many in the AVOW group believed in?

The July 22, 2020 was either Chad or Lori iirc. I need to doublecheck to be sure. I think it was mentioned by Nate Eaton in the interview with Melanie Gibb, but she blew off knowing a date...which makes me think it is in the document Ian Pawlowski wrote about what his new wife, Melani (no e) said. 
 

Have no clue who actually believed it. If Gibb hadn’t heard of the date, I doubt if it was a big thing. But she did know that it was supposed to be doomsday weather as that was why Lori thought no one would pay attention to her marrying Chad or be worried about where the kids were, because they would all be too busy just trying to stay alive.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1
Link to post

Defense is hoping against hope of getting one tainted member on each jury.

Watch the PR strategies by prosecution and defense, and watch the media trying to untangle it and get to the bottom.

Link to post
5 hours ago, JamesBYoung said:

Defense is hoping against hope of getting one tainted member on each jury.

Watch the PR strategies by prosecution and defense, and watch the media trying to untangle it and get to the bottom.

It will be the first trial I have ever watched up close.  I am only following the current deep dive discussions (1000 of pages of court documents) custody and divorce cases in a small way as not really interested in this one stage, but do feel a drive to try and have my knowledge complete.  But once the trial starts up, I suspect I will be watching to see what speculation was right, how the picture gets fitted together.

Link to post

Thought some of you might like this youtube, it's got a lot of photos I'd never seen plus it has Lori and Melanie Gibb on a podcast that isn't the one we've heard before, I believe. Supposedly it was done two days before Tylee is gone and supposedly JJ is in the background.

 

Link to post

We survived!

Barely it felt like a few times today, lol. 

  • Like 3
Link to post

I forgot I was supposed to be worried about that! 😂

Edited by bluebell
Link to post

The Court rules live-streaming is allowed for the preliminary hearings. It was, we should note, the prosecution that asked for it to be closed to avoid tainting a jury by overexposure of evidence, etc. The media so far is very much protraying LVD and CD as guilty.  It would seem in the State’s favour to have it public.  People are guessing Wood is doing the defenses’ job for them because he is concerned about appeals  (Means is a family court lawyer, I believe; not sure about Prior’s experience..wasn’t too impressed, but probably bias due to something else)

The defendants’ attorneys are actually arguing the public rights come first, LVD’s attorney going so far as to say it outweighs his client’s rights. (Around 36 minutes). I got to wonder what the heck is going on in these guys’ minds. From his reaction, so is the prosecutor.

The only thing I can think of is both know it is a losing case and they want all the free advertising they can get. Another theory out there is they are hoping it actually does end up tainting enough they can argue for a change of venue. 

You are going to want to drag it forward a number of minutes to get to the hearing. 
 

 

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Calm said:

The Court rules live-streaming is allowed for the preliminary hearings. It was, we should note, the prosecution that asked for it to be closed to avoid tainting a jury by overexposure of evidence, etc. The media so far is very much protraying LVD and CD as guilty.  It would seem in the State’s favour to have it public.  People are guessing Wood is doing the defenses’ job for them because he is concerned about appeals  (Means is a family court lawyer, I believe; not sure about Prior’s experience..wasn’t too impressed, but probably bias due to something else)

The defendants’ attorneys are actually arguing the public rights come first, LVD’s attorney going so far as to say it outweighs his client’s rights. (Around 36 minutes). I got to wonder what the heck is going on in these guys’ minds. From his reaction, so is the prosecutor.

The only thing I can think of is both know it is a losing case and they want all the free advertising they can get. Another theory out there is they are hoping it actually does end up tainting enough they can argue for a change of venue. 

You are going to want to drag it forward a number of minutes to get to the hearing. 
 

 

 I suspect the prosecutor's point is that a conviction obtained under these circumstances would be more susceptible to being overturned on appeal because of the widespread public sentiments against the defendant. The argument will be that they did not receive a fair trial. The prosecutor may have a pretty legitimate point here. This would also explain why  Defense counsel is on board with more publicity.

  • Like 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, smac97 said:

 I suspect the prosecutor's point is that a conviction obtained under these circumstances would be more susceptible to being overturned on appeal because of the widespread public sentiments against the defendant. The argument will be that they did not receive a fair trial. The prosecutor may have a pretty legitimate point here. This would also explain why  Defense counsel is on board with more publicity.

Yes, I think that is the Prosecution’s concern as well (removing grounds for appeals). 

It may explain defense’s position if they expect to lose. If they won the appeal that it was tainted, doesn’t it screw them up though?  They look incompetent for demanding it at first and then complaining when they got their wish granted.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 7/27/2020 at 11:00 PM, smac97 said:

I suspect the prosecutor's point is that a conviction obtained under these circumstances would be more susceptible to being overturned on appeal because of the widespread public sentiments against the defendant. The argument will be that they did not receive a fair trial. The prosecutor may have a pretty legitimate point here. This would also explain why  Defense counsel is on board with more publicity.

Don’t they still have the option of trial by judge?

Link to post
On 7/28/2020 at 2:06 AM, Calm said:

Yes, I think that is the Prosecution’s concern as well (removing grounds for appeals). 

In some states (I'm not sure about Idaho), the more serious crimes, the defendant if found guilty, will always get an automatic appeal. e.g., here in Nebraska all defendants found guilty of murder will automatically get an appeal.

 

Edited by Anijen
  • Like 1
Link to post

Just listened to the Dec 8, 2019, recorded cell phone conversation of Melanie Gibb with Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell, played at Chad's preliminary hearing

 

    Remarkable.  Melanie is tough and accuses both of them of inappropriate behavior while still married to others, and says that each of them is like Korihor.  Lori was not at all happy with the conversation, and eventually hung up on Melanie.  Melanie has her head on straight.

Edited by Robert F. Smith
  • Like 1
Link to post
4 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Melanie has her head on straight.

Given she didn't say all that when she saw the adulterous behaviour in person for months on end and even suggested they get a divorce, didn't confront LVD when she accused her kids of being zombies, and only shifted when asked to lie about where JJ was....I wouldn't go so far as that imo.

Edited by Calm
  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...