Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)

Ripping this off from websleuths because it is that kind of day…

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/id-joshua-vallow-7-tylee-ryan-16-tammy-daybell-49-sept-oct-2019-arrests-63.587184/page-14#post-17150440

Findings: Vallow was shot in chest & stomach. The trajectory on the 2nd shot was mentioned by Chandler PD in the dept’s probable cause statement. The exit wound is in the left shoulder after the bullet enters the stomach. Police believe Cox shot Vallow as he laid on the ground.
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1443684401179619332

Medical Examiner: Vallow died of multiple gunshot wounds in the manner of a homicide. We know this but remember this report was done just days after the 7/11/19 shooting.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1443685195035541505

Evidence of injury details more the gunshot wound to chest.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1443688919384539136

More: other injuries include bruises on the right chest, abrasions on the left arm and right hand as well as on the knees.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1443689451125755905

Rest of medical examiner report describes organs and internal systems.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1443690796381728782

TOX report shows no positive findings of drugs in Vallow’s system.

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1443691306698481664

ETA all ten pages on fb: Justin Lum - Reporter - CHARLES VALLOW AUTOPSY AND TOXICOLOGY REPORT

Edited by Calm

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/09/medical-examiner-releases-autopsy-report-for-charles-vallow-lori-vallow-daybells-former-husband/

The report shows the gunshot to the chest was from the front to the back and in a slightly downward trajectory. Police say this shot was fired while Vallow lay on the ground, likely after being shot in the stomach while standing

The shot to the chest damaged Vallow’s heart and the shot to the stomach damaged his left lung, according to the report.

Edited by Calm
1 hour ago, Calm said:

Includes:

Chandler PD interviews provided:

Lori Vallow
Tylee Ryan
Alex Cox
Melanie Gibb
Jason Mow
Zulema Pastenes
Sarena Sharpe
Christina Atwood

I just saw that Fox13Utah has these three on their youtube, Tylee is sitting by herself while the camera is rolling, I feel so sorry for what she's going through. She seems so unhappy. But haven't seen all of the video so far. Had to quit watching Lori's interview, she's a witch. 

Edited by Tacenda

From the Justin Lum general report off of FB, you can actually see some blood on Alex Cox where he claims Charles hit him…more than I saw before, but Charles was very fit and a former professional baseball player iirc.  I wonder why Alex was not knocked out when the bat connected if Charles was holding it.

Also it looks like Tylee is interviewed by herself, which some were complaining about it not happening…I need to watch more to be sure her mom isn’t off camera, but not sure I want to.  Zulema P., Alex’s widow, said he gave her a duffel bag of money before before he died…wonder where that came from and about the timing. ZP says she asked Alex if he had anything to do with Tammy’s death and he said “no”.   ZP also draws comparison between how Charles and Tammy were both described as zombies before their deaths…those sound bites makes her sound suspicious of Daybell and LVD, not like how a supporter would act….not that I have a clue how supporters act in real life.  I have known people who were murdered, but nobody connected to or supportive of suspected murderers that I can remember.

Edited by Calm

John Prior, Daybell’s lawyer, refers to President Nelson in hearing for change of venue:

https://www.facebook.com/NateEatonReporter/videos/793819584719817/

John Prior compliments LDS Church President

John Prior says if "there is any saving grace" in his involvement in the Daybell case, it's what he's learned about Latter-day Saint President Russell M. Nelson. 

Prior says he's studied the faith and his client, Chad Daybell, even gave Prior a book. But the attorney takes issue with a First Presidency letter sent out in August 2020 

Sound bites not easily found on FB, found on Websleuths:

ZP claims that Alex told her: "I think I'm going to be their (Lori and Chad's) fall guy." and "Either I am a man of God or I'm not."

ZP was the point of contact with Lori and Chad after they fled from police. Messages to the group went through her.

These are both Rexburg police interviews (iirc, they went to Arizona).

added:  https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/10/alex-coxs-widow-tells-police-about-a-hidden-bag-and-the-bizarre-massage-he-gave-her-zulema-pastenes/

Edited by Calm

From Lum:

CHARLES VALLOW CONTACTS DAYBELLS: Via Charles Vallow's cell phone records, Chandler police learned that he emailed Chad Daybell AND Tammy Daybell separately.

This all stems from the fictitious email police say Lori Vallow sent to Chad pretending to be Charles asking him to ghostwrite a book for him. On 6/29/19, Charles told Chad he knew of dance videos Lori had sent to Chad. Charles had also contacted Tammy, saying he had "disturbing" evidence regarding her husband and his wife. 

I can’t figure out how to link to a specific FB post right now (brain fog, it’s Justin Lum’s), but the police report says Charles’ phone was only at the townhouse 12 minutes before being removed along with his rental car by LVD…seems like very little time to start a fight and include everything reported. Seems more likely it was an ambush.  But Tylee offered up detailed description of the alleged fight, makes me ill they likely convinced her to go along with a lie (her mom had been using her in this way since she was a preschooler and her mom coached her to lie about being abused by her dad according to the social worker), then later killed her because she was an inconvenience just like Charles.

Edited by Calm
3 hours ago, Calm said:

I can’t figure out how to link to a specific FB post right now (brain fog, it’s Justin Lum’s), but the police report says Charles’ phone was only at the townhouse 12 minutes before being removed along with his rental car by LVD…seems like very little time to start a fight and include everything reported. Seems more likely it was an ambush.  But Tylee offered up detailed description of the alleged fight, makes me ill they likely convinced her to go along with a lie (her mom had been using her in this way since she was a preschooler and her mom coached her to lie about being abused by her dad according to the social worker), then later killed her because she was an inconvenience just like Charles.

It was heartbreaking to watch as she sat alone for so long and she was humming to the songs on "Moana".She seemed a bit stressed out.

Ugh…

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/10/my-goddess-lover-text-messages-reveal-romantic-relationship-between-chad-and-lori-daybell-before-spouses-deaths/

Tonight I figured out who I feel like,” Chad texted Lori. “I’m a grown-up version of Harry Potter, who has to live with the Dudleys in his little space under the stairs. Every few weeks I get to escape and have amazing adventures with my Goddess lover, but then I have to return to my place under the stairs, feeling trapped.”

I wonder how his loyal children will feel when they read he saw them as “Dudleys”. Added:  it is actually “Dursleys”.

And the eagerness when he talks about Tammy dying. 

I really wonder how he will (has?) explain it all to his children.

For those of strong stomach and who have nothing to do…

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2021/10/read-the-romance-novel-chad-daybell-wrote-to-lori-vallow-daybell/

Edited by Calm
10 hours ago, katherine the great said:

Way to ruin a good song. Thanks Chad! 😢

I'm pretty sure the song has never not been ruined. :P

The fact that Chad got his romantic notions from and lifted the lyrics off of Saturday's Warrior for a love letter is hilarious to me.  I don't know if Chad went to BYU, but what a Zoobie move! 

Edited by pogi

Wiki says he went to BYU in journalism. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killings_of_Tylee_Ryan_and_J._J._Vallow#Chad_Daybell

It is easy to get lost in the comic, almost slapstick nature of the case; it feels like a parody at times.  That this resulted in the deaths of 5 people…it is just keeps getting more and more bizarre. 

Edited by Calm
3 hours ago, pogi said:

I'm pretty sure the song has never not been ruined. :P

The fact that Chad got his romantic notions from and lifted the lyrics off of Saturday's Warrior for a love letter is hilarious to me.  I don't know if Chad went to BYU, but what a Zoobie move! 

I don’t care how corny it is. I LOVE Saturday’s Warrior! (The 70’s version). Somehow it loses all its charm when CD says it.

Sheesh…like I said “more and more bizarre”.

https://www.fox5vegas.com/news/police-detail-cultish-beliefs-of-mom-charged-in-kids-deaths/article_e88e54b0-1040-5ab0-8693-1776f26443eb.html

Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow communicated with each other using code names or pet names like Lili, Bubby, Raphael and sometimes eschewed standard text messaging, instead using “burner” phones or messaging systems inside of a popular karaoke phone application, according to computer and phone files found by investigators.

As their relationship grewso did their cult-like religious beliefs, according to investigators. Several family members and friends interviewed by detectives described them as having a strange doomsday-focused belief system, and some of the friends acknowledged adopting the beliefs as well. At times as many as 10 people were part of the loose religious group that met to pray, drive out evil spirits and seek revelations from “beyond the spiritual veil.”

The Daybells used a special scoring system to determine whether people were good or evil, Gibbs said. Each person was assigned a number to indicate how many times they had lived before, as well as a “light” or “dark” rating to indicate if they had made a contract with God or Satan. People were also given “vibration” scores and trustworthiness ratings, and those with high-enough "vibrations" were deemed to be “translated,” holding special powers.

The Daybells believed “zombies” were people who had died and their bodies had been possessed by evil spirits. The group would spend time praying to get rid of the zombies, and believed that if they were successful the possessed person would physically die, freeing their soul from “limbo.”

Lori Daybell told some of her friends that her estranged husband Charles Vallow was a zombie, according to investigators, and some in the group regularly joined her in praying for Vallow's demise. After Vallow was shot and killed by Alex Cox during an argument, Cox reportedly told another follower that he didn't feel bad because he killed a zombie.

The group also believed that once a person became “exalted,” they couldn't be held responsible for their actions on earth.

“Because Lori was already ‘exalted,’” Pastenes told the investigators, according to their report, “she would often slam her hand on the counter and state, ‘Doesn’t count for me!'”

These tidbits were already known to the public, but in case someone here hasn’t been following the case that closely, another bit or two of bizarre:

The report said Lori and Chad Daybell believed in reincarnation, and that Lori Daybell was a “Goddess” sent to bring the second coming of Christ. The pair also allegedly believed they had special powers, with Lori Daybell telling one friend that she could teleport between Arizona and Hawaii. Chad Daybell reportedly told the group that he had a “portal” in his home where he could receive revelations and travel to other realms, the report said.

Edited by Calm

I need to dig out the quotes, but there were two that I think show dynamics between the two well.

LVD playing her role as the drama queen she is tells CD a few weeks after Charles is murdered that CD should go back to his wife and family, that they will never be able to be together. I am reading this as pressure on him to now do his part, kill his wife as the second part of their plan to be together…and if he won’t, he won’t be able to have her, but it’s delivered in such a way so that LVD can feel all noble and self sacrificing. 

He must have reassured her or something as she is moving to Idaho soon after, even though originally she has expected him to move to Arizona. My guess is Idaho wasn’t as appealing to her, but he didn’t want to be the one to give up his support system and likely received ‘revelation’ she needed to move…or LVD figured out the Chandler police were viewing Charles’ death as a homicide and she wanted to get out of their reach and as a bonus to hurt Kay, Charles’ sister who got his $1,000,000 life insurance LVD was expecting.  

Another possibility is she needed to remove the kids from friends and family so they wouldn’t drop info about the murder.  JJ hadn’t seen it and thought his dad was alive still, but he might have known of something else…or she might have already been planning to get rid of him as she dumped the dog that made it so much easier to care for him.  She had already shown she didn’t care about JJ as she stole his meds and his tablet he used to communicate with family and friends when she took off, in order to punish Charles or soften him up somehow (she said something along the lines as she wanted him to know how hard she had it with JJ).  Tylee likely would have insisted to go where JJ went or at least visit him a lot, so giving JJ to Kay to care for wasn’t really an option I am guessing because then Kay might convince Tylee to tell the truth about Charles’ death. 

Chad gets on board with moving the plan along after that veiled threat to withhold her favours and has a revelation that Tammy will die in a car accident on her trip to visit her parents…a visit he then pushes her to go on. He exclaims “I don’t want to wait” at the end of one text in regard, I believe, to them hooking up after Tammy’s death…he was pushing for a quick marriage, no concern about his kids or sorrow about losing Tammy.

I do think LVD was manipulating him with her offer to sacrifice her love and needs for his wife and family, but he was all in on wanting out of his marriage…he just may have been reluctant about doing the deed himself. It would also appear that he believed his own fantasies and they just weren’t to draw in LVD, unless he was so certain Tammy would die in a car accident because he attempted to sabotage Tammy’s car, but failed. 

I get the need for news to spread out the crumbs so as to keep people clicking, but it is getting annoying. 

Would probably be better to read the article as formatting is complicated and the article frames the info well, puts it in context.  Some of this stuff was released before, but with the additions it makes more sense why LVD moved to having a direct hand in his murder (there is speculation that Alex was supposed to have killed Charles when she was in Hawaii or when Charles went to Texas), exposing herself to risk.

https://ksltv.com/474057/police-documents-reveal-new-details-in-tammy-daybell-case/

On the same day Charles Vallow discovered the infidelity, June 29, 2019, detectives say he also sent an email to Tammy Daybell.

According to detectives, Charles Vallow discovered Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow’s infidelity just 12 days before he was shot and killed by Alex Cox.

The same day Charles Vallow discovered the infidelity, detectives discovered he confronted Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell. It appears Charles Vallow sent Chad Daybell an email telling him to come clean or he would “expose them.”

According to detectives, Charles Vallow also told Chad Daybell he was aware of dance videos Lori had sent him and this was not appropriate.

In confronting Lori Vallow, detectives say, Charles Vallow told her he had obtained Tammy Daybell’s email address and cell number. He threatened to contact Tammy Daybell if Lori Vallow didn’t tell him what was going on.

Then detectives discovered another email Charles Vallow wrote to Tammy Daybell saying in part,“I have some disturbing information regarding your husband and my wife.”

CHARLES-EMAIL-TO-TAMMY-300x122.jpg

Charles Vallow wrote he would wait for Tammy Daybell’s resply before sending her “the evidence.”

The email read:

“Tammy my name is Charles Vallow. I have some vital and disturbing information regarind your husband and my wife, Lori. This is your work email so I’ll wait to send you the “evidence” that is very disturbing. You may call or email me from the address where you can receive the information. I apologize to be the one sending this but something has to be done. I feel it’s best if I shed some light on the “issue.” Regards Charles Vallow.

On July 1, Charles Vallow also sent Lori Vallow a text message stating he had plans of going to Idaho to meet with Tammy Daybell.

Detectives said Lori responded, “She won’t see you. She is my friend. She won’t listen to you. Go ahead You are ridiculous.! R u coming to jj for the 4th or not?”

UR-WASTING-TIME-300x102.jpg

It is unclear if Charles Vallow and Tammy Daybell ever met in-person or if Tammy Daybell received his e-mail.

According to text messages recovered by Chandler Police, Charles Vallow texted Adam Cox after arriving to Lori Vallow’s home informing him Alex Cox was at the home. Adam Cox said he was surprised to learn Alex Cox was staying at Lori Vallow’s house.

“My theory is that Lori and Alex got together and Lori convinced Alex that Charles is not Charles anymore, that he is a guy named Ned that he shot him. I don’t even think there was a fight,” Adam Cox told police.

According to Adam Cox, none of his family members told him about the shooting and he found out through the news after doing a google search. He was concerned Charles Vallow was not responding to his text messages.

“None of my family has talked to me because supposedly I was on Charles’ side to get Lori help,” Adam Cox told detectives.

Adam Cox also said his mother kicked him out of her house a few days after the shooting for “siding with Charles.”

“My mom told me on Friday when I was at their house she said, ‘I know that you and Charles were texting and emailing. I saw every text and every email that you were trying to get Lori in trouble at the church.’” Adam Cox told police.

Adam Cox told also told police he did not believe Tylee Ryan was outside the house at the time of the shooting and didn’t witness it.

Edited by Calm