Seriously No Politics ×

Update on Story Re: Missing Kids (Daybell)

Another article (from the UK - boy, they like to write about American stuff)  Some excerpts:

The "cult mom" - whose two children are at the center of a desperate search - claimed to be the grandmother of Mormon founder Joseph Smith Jr. in a past life, married to a prophet and a "translated being who cannot taste death."

Lori is currently awaiting her extradition back to Idaho after a judge denied her request for a bail reduction on Wednesday.
The whereabouts of Tylee and JJ are still unknown, and there is no evidence to suggest that Lori is cooperating with police on the matter

"Mother (Lori Vallow) has recently become infatuated, at times obsessive, about near-death experiences and spiritual visions," wrote Charles in his court filing.

"Mother has told Father (Charles Vallow) that she is sealed (eternally married) to the ancient Book of Mormon prophet Moroni and that she has lived numerous lives on numerous planets prior to this current life."

Lori later told Charles that she was a prophet, claiming that she was a "translated being who cannot taste death sent by God to lead the 144,000 into the Millennium."

This ties in to the fervor Lori had for the end days, which is how she came to meet Chad Daybell.

The two came together after attending an event with Preparing A People, a Doomsday organization that some view as a cult.

In response to that, the founders of Preparing A People told The Sun that "it is not a 'group' and is not a 'Cult' or something people join, but has educational lecture events that can be attended or watched on video."

Lori and Chad seem to have splintered off from the group around the same time that they were ex-communicated by the Church of Latter Day Saints.

In both cases, Church leaders took issue with the two claiming to be prophets.
In a phone call after she made this claim, Lori told Charles "that she was a God assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 at Christ’s second coming in July 2020 and that if Father got in her way of her mission, she would murder him."

Charles submitted a Motion For Order to Appear in February of last year, shortly after filing for divorce from Lori and receiving an order of protection against his then-estranged wife.

He said in the filing that Lori "kept referring to Father as ‘Nick Schneider’ instead of Father’s name" during one business trip.

When Charles asked who that was, Lori "told him that Nick was Father’s real name because Nick had killed Father and taken his identity."
Cops now believe Lori and her fifth husband "repeatedly lied" about the children's whereabouts after searching their rented car and condo.

They had been living in Hawaii since mid-December, leaving less than 24 hours after Idaho police questioned them about the whereabouts of Tylee and JJ.
The two were reportedly staying in a million-dollar home in Princeville prior to their arrest.

Photos taken by people on the island showed them shopping, at the liquor store and island hopping during this time without a care in the world.

Thanks,

-Smac

In both cases, Church leaders took issue with the two claiming to be prophets.

As far as I can tell, this is another spin on a "exclusive" claim made by the Daily Mail which has not been substantiated.  Up till he left the Rexburg ward, Daybell was ward clerk.  Nothing has been shared by Vallow's ward members as far as I have seen.  I think one of Daily Mail's experts said that self proclaimed prophets get excommunicated and it got interpreted as an accomplished fact.

Photos taken by people on the island showed them shopping, at the liquor store

Another one I have my doubts about.

Edited by Calm
3 hours ago, Calm said:

... I think one of Daily Mail's experts said that self proclaimed prophets get excommunicated and it got interpreted as an accomplished fact. ...

Numbers 11:29. ;):D

P.S.: But, of course, here, I will hasten to add that there are prophets, and then there are Prophets.  There's President Russell M. Nelson and ... everyone else.

Edited by Kenngo1969

Chad Daybell flew out of Hawaii last night, assumed to be going to Rexburg. Will post when more than someone’s phone video as source. 

At the time Vallow’s lawyer was claiming no flight risk at the hearing because they were residents of Hawaii, he was moving out of the leased condo. That might not look good when asking for bail in Idaho. 

Edited:  Rexburg is conformed...

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/02/chad-daybell-returns-to-rexburg-as-lori-vallow-daybell-awaits-extradition/

Edited by Calm
11 hours ago, Calm said:

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/lori-vallows-husband-emailed-her-in-early-2019-about-seven-missions-to-accomplish-together-source-says

Rowe is really throwing him under the bus, which is strange because some of the stuff she is condemning in him, she has done iirc.

Rowe is part of the problem, luckily it doesn't appear that more people have been killed, other than possibly 5!😥 With Julie's visions and predictions.

My take is that through the emails between Chad and Lori struck up a relationship, and schemed how to make it happen, evil people right there.

Add: What is with the "white camp"? I wonder how many people are part of this group, scary.

Edited by Tacenda
5 hours ago, bluebell said:

Didn’t Rowe say she knew that Daybell wasn’t involved in anything bad?

Yep. Wonder if her ego forces her to keep that video up or if it has been taken down. She has squirmed out of many a contradiction by saying people misinterpreted, so she is likely doing the same thing here if anyone asks her about it. I was very annoyed the East Idaho News used her as an ‘expert’ more or less to explain without challenging her at all. She was trashing News Media for ignoring her even though she was sending out her video or whatever as a resource for them before when she was saying everything was light and roses with Daybell; changing her tactics into ‘whistleblowing’ has got her the attention she was demanding. 
Edit:  just watched a recent interview with Rowe where she says Emma said after her mom died she was most scared of her dad remarrying, a previous video iirc she says Tammy helped Vallow and Daybell reconnect, no mention of a problem with past or future marriage. 

I do not trust anything Rowe has to say. I can see her making stuff up to attract attention. Emails have been found.  Assuming they are for real, those are what I would assume are Daybell and Vallow’s actual beliefs. 

Edited by Calm
5 hours ago, Tacenda said:

Rowe is part of the problem,

I would agree, the translation of leaders, the 144,000, the conspiracies against the group, the marriages in past lives, the paranoia, the possession by dark spirits, imo her being able to see and know a person’s heart ‘long distance’ is just a few steps away from condemning them as the enemy (she actually was calling out her critics in her comments with language that could be read as threatening)....she has, as far as I am aware, not promoted the idea of “zombies” as justification for killing, but she promotes a warfare attitude.  

Was the speculation about Chad's Church standing cleared up? 

I have confirmation from a very direct source that Chad was serving faithfully in his ward and his bishop had no clue of all that was happening behind the scenes at the time of his wife's death.  

36 minutes ago, mtomm said:

I have confirmation from a very direct source that Chad was serving faithfully in his ward and his bishop had no clue of all that was happening behind the scenes at the time of his wife's death.  

That is consistent with what I have read from a confirmed member of his ward on websleuths. Iirwc he in was ward clerk until he left. 

FBI has set up Mobile Command behind the Rexburg police department. I don’t know what that means in terms of committed personnel.

AVOW is reported to be on a watchlist of anti-government groups, will try and find out how accurate that is later. (My tech is acting wonky)

Added:  Corrected to anti-government which is definitely not the same as potential terrorist:

Added again:  posted not to demonstrate AVOW is anti-government, likely mixed bag from what I hear even if there are subgroups with more extreme ideas.  Just posted as it appears they have drawn attention in the past from others besides Saints curious about what some of us are doing.  What this may mean is that someone not friendly to AVOW has had access to past comments and may have shared with LE or if the FBI tracks groups that contain potential problems, they may have known about the groups prior to this and there may be lots more background info available to them that we have no clue about.  Though this may be wishful thinking on my part.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/antigovernment

Idaho (15)

AVOW (Another Voice of Warning)

Rigby

Lori Cox Vallow's parents are apparently antigovernment/sovereign citizens as there are records of a number of court cases of them refusing to pay their taxes.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/news/stories/2010/april/sovereigncitizens_041310/domestic-terrorism-the-sovereign-citizen-movement

It is Reddit, so please be warned that content may be inappropriate nor am I suggesting that all of it is valid.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LoriVallow/comments/f9dh31/lori_vallows_interesting_parents/

If you want to skip Reddit, here is a court case:

http://www.cofc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions/SWEENEY.COX062212.pdf

This may explain why Vallow was so attracted to Daybell's books.  She may also have already been involved or at least aware of AVOW or a similar group through her parents.

Edited by Calm
7 hours ago, mtomm said:

Makes me curious if Chad had a straightforward funeral for the deceased wife at this ward?  Was it one week after her passing?  Then a week later Chad marries Lori?  Where did it take place?  Was it at Lori's ward?  Expiring mind wants to know.  

12 minutes ago, longview said:

Makes me curious if Chad had a straightforward funeral for the deceased wife at this ward?  Was it one week after her passing?  Then a week later Chad marries Lori?  Where did it take place?  Was it at Lori's ward?  Expiring mind wants to know.  

The funeral was at his wife’s family place three days after she died, I assume the ward but can’t remember. They had lived in Springville for many years before moving to Rexburg/Salem so makes sense. She was buried there.  Got the impression that some of his adult children still live there, but don’t want to pry that way. 

they got married in Hawaii Nov 5, apparently civil ceremony as pictures of beach ceremony  None of their kids or family were there apparently.  They flew back to Idaho and then ran later that month  

I have a vague memory of a memorial ceremony for Tammy at their Idaho ward. 

Edited by Calm

This is an interesting overview of the fringe religious groups in the area:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/02/a-look-at-the-religious-circle-surrounding-chad-and-lori-daybell/

In our coverage of Chad and Lori Vallow Daybell and her missing children, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan, people who have known them say they have extreme religious beliefs and are members of a doomsday “cult.”

But the nature of the reported cult is hard to define, especially since the Daybells have not spoken to the media. (We have tried.)

What we do know is Chad and Lori are or have been members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and they are also affiliated with several informal groups whose teachings go contrary to what one would hear in a typical Latter-day Saint congregation.

We reached out to several people in east Idaho who were or are part of these semi-secretive groups. Several have agreed to go on the record with their names, and others have agreed on the condition of anonymity, as they are still active Latter-day Saints or fear retaliation from other members of these groups.

There doesn’t appear to be any sort of formal organization or clear doctrine among these nonconventional groups of Latter-day Saints. In fact, many of the people interviewed by EastIdahoNews.com reported vastly different experiences.

Edited by cinepro

Having read comments by members who were clueless about fringe groups before, even the more public ones, this tragedy seems likely to lead to a much greater awareness of the fringe groups and hopefully create more caution in getting sucked into that path.  Hopefully in the future, books like Visions of Glory (which may have planted the crazy beliefs seeds in the group associated with Daybell) and Rowe's trilogy won't be seen on Mormon bestseller lists as they have been.

Having read Visions of Glory, it is still beyond me how anyone could take it seriously. And yet I know one family of very intelligent parents who did personally though I never talked in detail with them about whether they saw it as literal.  Furniture having awareness and crying out because someone is committing adultery on it; office in the temple next to Jesus with portals to pop off to gather the lost tribes (going from memory, should go back and check it to be sure as I wouldn't want to present a caricature of it).

Really need to tell my cleaning help I don't have that book on my shelf because I believe it, lol.  Haven't seen her lately.

Edited by Calm

Not looking good for Daybell:

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/03/chad-daybell-allegedly-increased-his-wifes-life-insurance-then-she-died-and-was-buried-within-3-days-here-are-other-weird-observations-friends-noticed/

Court documents show he received $430,000 in life insurance money after Tammy died. Multiple sources say the funds came from several policies and Chad made “significant” increases to at least one policy before Tammy passed away.

Lori Vallow has new attorneys, which is good because her previous one was apparently signed on before the missing kids became public, so likely not in the know.  His family has been getting death threats and they have had to move.

There is really something wrong with people when their horror at murder and how wrong it is drives them to threaten others with....murder.

At least these attorneys know what they are getting into when they signed on.

Edited by Calm

From KSL:

FBI asks Yellowstone National Park visitors for help in missing Idaho children case
By Jacob Klopfenstein, KSL.com | Updated - Mar. 5, 2020 at 12:18 p.m. | Posted - Mar. 5, 2020 at 12:18 p.m.

SALT LAKE CITY — The FBI is asking for help from people who were in Yellowstone National Park on Sept. 8, 2019, the same day that investigators believe Lori Daybell visited the park with her now-missing children.

Anyone with photos or video taken in the park that might assist authorities in locating 7-year-old J.J. Vallow and 17-year-old Tylee Ryan is asked to submit footage to the FBI, according to a news release. The agency has created a website, FBI.gov/Rexburg, where people can submit those materials.

Police believe Daybell took a day trip to the park with J.J., Tylee and her brother Alex Cox on Sept. 8. That day is the last time anyone heard from Tylee, and police haven’t found evidence to suggest Daybell was with her daughter any time after the trip.

The group was driving in a silver 2017 Ford F-150 pickup truck with Arizona license plate CPQUINT, the news release states.

The FBI also released two photos of the group from the day they visited the park. In the photos, J.J. is wearing a green sweatshirt with black or dark blue shorts. Tylee is wearing a gray sweatshirt with black pants.

Lori is seen wearing a black hoodie. Alex Cox, who died on Dec. 12, 2019 in Arizona, is wearing a gray shirt with black sweatshirt and blue jeans.

img614

Authorities are seeking any photos or videos that might include any of the four group members. Images that might include the vehicle, crowds or other park visitors are asked to be submitted.

It is not clear exactly which areas in the park the group may have visited.

People can continue reporting tips about the case to the Rexburg (Idaho) Police Department at 208-359-3000, or to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

Lori Daybell is scheduled to make her first court appearance in Idaho on Friday afternoon.

Sad.

-Smac