HBO Developing Another "Mormon" Drama

smac97

On 1/5/2020 at 2:43 AM, Rajah Manchou said:

Anybody watch Messiah on Netflix yet? The POTUS (President Young) is LDS and there's a mention or two of angels and golden plates. Guessing his character would play a larger role in Season 2. 

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLWuzGVyew

I've watched all of Season One's episodes.  So far President Young has been portrayed in a positive light.  He seems to be prepared to exercise a particle of faith while studying out the issue presented to him in mind. 

The last episode is one that you can take one way or another with reference to whether "Al-Masih" is the Messiah spoken of in Abrahamic scripture. 

Can't wait to see Season 2!

On 12/31/2019 at 4:21 AM, Bernard Gui said:

In my reading of the original trilogy, which I love, I prefer my interpretation of religious influences that persisted through time. The later Jewish appearance was interesting, but I really got tired of the over and over and over and over ghola Duncan Idaho. It ruined the sequels for me and his last book was just awful. Oh that I hadn’t read it. I wish he had left the original three alone. Never could get into the son’s sequels.

Then there is this...

And this... https://baheyeldin.com/literature/arabic-and-islamic-themes-in-frank-herberts-dune.html

We have a new Frank Herbert memorial park called Dune Peninsula at Point Defiance in Tacoma. 
https://www.metroparkstacoma.org/place/dune-peninsula/

So what did you think of the film?  The one where Jean-Luc Picard played Gurney Halleck?  I will admit I kind of liked it.  Though I read Dune I and didn't really care for it -- so never read any others.

And are you looking forward to the new film coming out this year?

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

I know this topic is a little old, but my wife and I only recently began watching Hell on Wheels on Netflix.

When Mormons started showing up in Season 3, I found it interesting, and since I'm kind of nerdy in this respect, I tried to get a better view of the Book of Mormon edition The Swede was reading from. It looks pretty similar to one of my facsimile editions of the 1830 BoM.

(I couldn't find a screenshot of The Swede reading from the BoM, but I think it looked a bit like the facsimile pictured below...)

The Joe and Jill Chronicles: 1830 Book of Mormon Facsimile

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, caspianrex said:

I know this topic is a little old, but my wife and I only recently began watching Hell on Wheels on Netflix.

When Mormons started showing up in Season 3, I found it interesting, and since I'm kind of nerdy in this respect, I tried to get a better view of the Book of Mormon edition The Swede was reading from. It looks pretty similar to one of my facsimile editions of the 1830 BoM.

(I couldn't find a screenshot of The Swede reading from the BoM, but I think it looked a bit like the facsimile pictured below...)

The Joe and Jill Chronicles: 1830 Book of Mormon Facsimile

I managed to capture this screenshot from a YouTube clip, wherein The Swede is reading from 2 Nephi. Sorry the quality's not great...image.png.c18221dba1cc5ece7029fecd77b41128.png

On 12/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, strappinglad said:

" latinx ' … a PC word that Latinos have no use for !... or so I've read. That said, Las Vegas is a true contrast in culture from the Strip to the Temple. Talk about trying to be in the world but not of it. 

I refuse to use the x form of the word. 

• Like 2
On 9/9/2020 at 5:51 PM, carbon dioxide said:

I refuse to use the x form of the word. 

My Hispanic relatives and friends say it is insulting. 

• Like 1