Man runs amok in Logan Temple

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am sure this incident will help with future custody disputes and LDS girls will be lining up to date you now!

Yes, but at least now he can truthfully say that he's been through the temple Edit:  This is a lesson to all the single LDS girls:  be specific when you ask the temple question.

At least the headline wasn’y Cherubim accidently burns temple to the ground fighting off intruder

1 hour ago, strappinglad said:

fixed it Scott. Cherub just sounds too gentle.

They sound less gentile when used in the context of the "flaming sword" portion of the statement.

Edit:  bluebell beat me to it :)

Edited by InCognitus
4 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Not if they are wielding a flaming sword. :D  

When I think of cherubim, I picture my mom’s porcelain figurines: babies with vestigial wings. I don’t think that depiction is quite accurate. 

Edited by Scott Lloyd
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, smac97 said:

because he “can’t get any LDS girls to date him,”

Better the ax to the temple than other targets not so easily repaired.

• Like 2

I have always pictured angels wielding flaming swords. Apparently I am incorrect. The verse reads like ONE sword that was self-propelled. Hmm .

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Scott, seems like the KJV pluralized a plural. Now I am just being pedantic. 

16 minutes ago, strappinglad said:

I have always pictured angels wielding flaming swords. Apparently I am incorrect. The verse reads like ONE sword that was self-propelled. Hmm .

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Scott, seems like the KJV pluralized a plural. Now I am just being pedantic. 

It would seem so. 

But Restoration scripture renders the plural form properly. So much for Joseph’s inadequacy as “an unschooled farm boy,” eh?

Edited to add: Brief but interesting article here: 

http://www.learnthebible.org/cherubim-or-cherubims.html

Edited by Scott Lloyd
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Calm said:

ab8948e5771dbf334267b12fc14518ec.jpg

I think that is an actual photograph.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, strappinglad said:

Just curious, but if the police searched the temple, who did it? recommend holding LEOS ? 

In emergencies, first responders can and do enter any room. But in Utah, it could happen that there are enough recommend holders to actually allow that to happen.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, JAHS said:

How much desecration needs to happen in a temple before they have to rededicate it? Or is that only for renovations?

Because I have read many of your posts I take this to be a sincere question.   I do not have an answer as I really do not know.  But IMO anyone who really knew would not answer fearing that there might those willing to descend to that level of desecration.

Edited by Metis_LDS
grammar
8 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:
23 hours ago, JAHS said:

How much desecration needs to happen in a temple before they have to rededicate it? Or is that only for renovations?

Because I have read many of your posts I take this to be a sincere question.   I do not have an answer as I really do not know.  But IMO anyone who really knew would not answer fearing that there might those willing to descend to that level of desecration.

I did a little research on other temples that have been damaged by intruders or vandals and they were not rededicated. As soon as repairs were made and the building secured business went on as usual. I can imagine the Temple President might offer a special prayer with the temple workers after such an incident.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, JAHS said:

I did a little research on other temples that have been damaged by intruders or vandals and they were not rededicated. As soon as repairs were made and the building secured business went on as usual. I can imagine the Temple President might offer a special prayer with the temple workers after such an incident.

Yes,  also we tend to view dedications as big events.  I feel the actual reality is that a proper pray has to be said by the proper person with as you say witnesses.  The latest Temple dedicated was by one of the Twelve.  So push comes to shove and a Temple needs to be rededicated because of an event that just came along.  Then with the presence of the right person it could be done quite quickly if it were not held as a spiritual feast that dedications of new and renovated Temples are now.

Edited by Metis_LDS
spelling
3 hours ago, JAHS said:

I'd be interested in seeing what you found.  What are your sources?

10 hours ago, JAHS said:

It seems to me that might be impractical logistically. And I’m not persuaded it would be necessary. 

• Like 1
On 12/24/2019 at 6:24 PM, JAHS said:

27.53% Deseceation Ratio, but most of that comes from all those prideful imperfect Saints, who think they are "worthy", who enter every day.

Edited by mfbukowski
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Metis_LDS said:

Yes,  also we tend to view dedications as big events.  I feel the actual reality is that a proper pray has to be said by the proper person with as you say witnesses.  The latest Temple dedicated was by one of the Twelve.  So push comes to shove and a Temple needs to be rededicated because of an event that just came along.  Then with the presence of the right person it could be done quite quickly if it were not held as a spiritual feast that dedications of new and renovated Temples are now.

All 15 are prophets seers and revelators and I'm sure that that is something that can be delegated. When I was on the HC I did things for the SP that's supposedly only the SPs supposed to do like setting apart EQ presidents.

I put all those abbreviations in to make it not understandable to the unclean.

Edited by mfbukowski
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Kenngo1969 said:
15 hours ago, JAHS said:

I'd be interested in seeing what you found.  What are your sources?

When the St George Temple was vandalized "operations returned to normal shortly thereafter.", and there was no mention of a rededication.
When the front of the Salt Lake Temple was bombed in 1962 there was no mention of a rededication then because of that, although it did under go a renovation the next year and a new annex that was built and the temple was was rededicated in 1963.
It probably would depend on how much damage is done and whether significant rebuilding would need to happen which would determine whether it needs to be rededicated or not.

• Like 2