Seriously No Politics ×

Music Thread

poptart

15 hours ago, poptart said:

Nice! I had heard that Ahkenaten had written a hymn to the sun, and never knew the words. The titles in the video indicate that Akhenaten saw the sun as a personification of the god, and not the god himself. Or so it seems to me. I wonder how deep the theology was, and who brought it to him?

The second video is a beautiful piece of music.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:32 AM, Stargazer said:

One of my favorite YouTube channels is "acapellascience" where physicist Tim Blais produces science-oriented parodies of popular songs. Here's one of my favorites from his channe

That is really impressive work (watched a couple).  

On 10/18/2020 at 10:05 AM, Stargazer said:

Nice! I had heard that Ahkenaten had written a hymn to the sun, and never knew the words. The titles in the video indicate that Akhenaten saw the sun as a personification of the god, and not the god himself. Or so it seems to me. I wonder how deep the theology was, and who brought it to him?

The second video is a beautiful piece of music.

Supposedly the theology was quite deep.  Akhenaten saw the other gods as being reflections of Aten, the supreme solar disk.  He was an impersonal god who was the creator of all, the whole of creation rose with him in the morning.  From what i've read of the solar cult, it almost reminds me of something Taoism combined with the Vedas.  Here's the real interesting thing, there's a huge similarity between him and Moses.  Not sure just how much evidence there is for the parting of the Red Sea, would think something like that would have been written down.  Akhenaten however did live, create his own city and own religious system. 

Wardwuna's new CD was stalled thanks to covid.

Edited by poptart
  • 2 weeks later...