Seriously No Politics ×

Music Thread

poptart

I'm posting this a day early just to set the mood, but tomorrow is Saturday, July 4th and if you have a park nearby, well this fits.  Here's a group of Russians (and a Ukrainian) singing about the 4th of July:

And here's something mellow, just for fun:

Edited by InCognitus
On 6/29/2020 at 4:46 PM, rodheadlee said:

La Salina, Baja California Norte

I've read a fair amount of Americans live south of the boarder because housing is so expensive.  What blows my mind is here in CO housing is worse now price wise, taxes are CA tier and we don't have the legal protections.  I see it a lot, people do take advantage of the legal system here, it's disgusting.  From what i've heard from friends, UT is slowly being ruined, sad.  Anyway, on a happy note I have been curious about mexico for work, i hear places like Tijuana is a mecca for medical tourism.  With the way malpractice and wages here are going, I do see myself doing traveling nursing abroad eventually. 

The Midnight releases their newest album July 10th, can't wait.

5 hours ago, poptart said:

That's beautiful, no matter that I don't understand what she's singing. Beautiful voice.

This is another Japanese language song from the animated film "Spirited Away" - the closing song, "Always With Me" (いつも何度でも, Itsumo Nando Demo, literally, "Always, No Matter How Many Times") was written and performed in the film by Youmi Kimura, a composer and lyre-player from Osaka.

This version is sung by Erutan (Katherine Covington). The film version is pretty, too, but I like this one a bit more.

12 minutes ago, Stargazer said:

This is another Japanese language song from the animated film "Spirited Away" - the closing song, "Always With Me" (いつも何度でも, Itsumo Nando Demo, literally, "Always, No Matter How Many Times") was written and performed in the film by Youmi Kimura, a composer and lyre-player from Osaka.

This version is sung by Erutan (Katherine Covington). The film version is pretty, too, but I like this one a bit more.

Ah, Sen to Chihiro no kamikakushi is a classic, was such a Japanese movie...

Here's one of my favs, they had a Basque singer do most of the soundtrack.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:48 PM, rodheadlee said:

Video unavailable, just for me? or everyone? Sometimes I get blocked in country ( Mexico)

It won't let me see it either. I'm in the UK, but I can change my location via VPN to the US and I bet I can see it...  

Edited to add: Yep. I switched to being in New York City, and then I can see it.

Edited by Stargazer
On 6/19/2020 at 8:35 AM, rodheadlee said:

This song sends me back to my teen years. Well, I was about 20, but I still felt like a teenager until I left for my mission in 1972. Tryin' to change the world...

21 hours ago, poptart said:

I've read a fair amount of Americans live south of the boarder because housing is so expensive.  What blows my mind is here in CO housing is worse now price wise, taxes are CA tier and we don't have the legal protections.  I see it a lot, people do take advantage of the legal system here, it's disgusting.  From what i've heard from friends, UT is slowly being ruined, sad.  Anyway, on a happy note I have been curious about mexico for work, i hear places like Tijuana is a mecca for medical tourism.  With the way malpractice and wages here are going, I do see myself doing traveling nursing abroad eventually. 

The Midnight releases their newest album July 10th, can't wait.

Escazu, Costa Rica for medical tourism. In Mexico La Playas de Tijuana is filled with gringos that work both sides of the border. Huatulco is a beautiful town on the coast, there maybe medical tourism there.

Edited by rodheadlee