Seriously No Politics ×

Man loses ear in fight at Church

JAHS

Man loses part of ear in fight with son at Crows Landing church

"A man bit off a piece of his father’s ear during an argument at the Mormon Church in Crows Landing Sunday evening.
Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Sgt. Josh Clayton said the incident happened around 6 p.m. during a “holiday party.”
He said the suspect, 28-year-old Josue Moises Montuy, got into a fight with a missionary and Montuy’s father intervened.
When the father got in between the two, Montuy allegedly started punching his him, then bit off a 1-inch piece of his earlobe.
Clayton said the father drove 15 miles to the Dollar Tree at Crows Landing Road and Whitmore Avenue and bought glue.
Deputies found him before he could attempt to glue the piece back onto his ear and called an ambulance.
Montuy was found at the church and arrested on suspicion of mayhem. On Monday he was being held on $100,000 bail.
Attempts by The Bee to reach a representative at the church were unsuccessful Monday afternoon."

Gorilla glue anyone? 🤣

53 minutes ago, JAHS said:

Man loses part of ear in fight with son at Crows Landing church

"A man bit off a piece of his father’s ear during an argument at the Mormon Church in Crows Landing Sunday evening.
Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Sgt. Josh Clayton said the incident happened around 6 p.m. during a “holiday party.”
He said the suspect, 28-year-old Josue Moises Montuy, got into a fight with a missionary and Montuy’s father intervened.
When the father got in between the two, Montuy allegedly started punching his him, then bit off a 1-inch piece of his earlobe.
Clayton said the father drove 15 miles to the Dollar Tree at Crows Landing Road and Whitmore Avenue and bought glue.
Deputies found him before he could attempt to glue the piece back onto his ear and called an ambulance.
Montuy was found at the church and arrested on suspicion of mayhem. On Monday he was being held on $100,000 bail.
Attempts by The Bee to reach a representative at the church were unsuccessful Monday afternoon."

Gorilla glue anyone? 🤣

Just, wow.

14 hours ago, Robert F. Smith said:

Surgeons do use crazy glue.

But removing it can damage more than it saves (Grey’s Anatomy as resource ;) , there was a month I binged on it due to depression; I have since learned to avoid medical dramas and major dysfunction when looking for distraction) . Good chance imo that it would have prevented blood flow and just have to be removed with additional time and injury interfering with reattachment. 

Should be used on small lacerations to avoid stitches, but not if concerned about infections or other major things (like blood flow I am guessing).

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scope/shows.php?shows=0_xu7oq8w9

This is a great resource, including what kind to buy for the first aid kit as regular super glue has problems with medical uses as well as instructions how to use it  

https://www.healthline.com/health/super-glue-on-cuts#what-is-super-glue?

Edited by Calm
On 12/17/2019 at 12:58 PM, Calm said:

But removing it can damage more than it saves (Grey’s Anatomy as resource ;) , there was a month I binged on it due to depression; I have since learned to avoid medical dramas and major dysfunction when looking for distraction) . Good chance imo that it would have prevented blood flow and just have to be removed with additional time and injury interfering with reattachment. 

Should be used on small lacerations to avoid stitches, but not if concerned about infections or other major things (like blood flow I am guessing).

https://healthcare.utah.edu/the-scope/shows.php?shows=0_xu7oq8w9

This is a great resource, including what kind to buy for the first aid kit as regular super glue has problems with medical uses as well as instructions how to use it  

https://www.healthline.com/health/super-glue-on-cuts#what-is-super-glue?

Yep, not an appropriate use in this application.  Not to mention surgical glue is different from crazy glue.  It is less toxic and more flexible, and it does wear off on it's own without having to remove it, potentially causing damage (as per Grey's Anatomy).

Ok, this is almost a week old now, but every time I see the title of this thread in "In The News" I think it sounds like a headline from the 33 AD newspaper, The Jerusalem Journal:

Man Loses Ear in Fight at Church, Religious Zealot is Blamed

JERUSALEM - A servant of the high priest lost his ear when he was attacked by a religious zealot in the inner city last night.  The attack took place while the leader of the religious sect was being arrested.  Witnesses say the attacker was one of the followers of Jesus of Nazareth.  The case was brought before the Sanhedrin this morning, but was dismissed for lack of evidence because the man who was attacked still has his ear.  The man claims his ear was restored and healed by the religious band's leader.   But the chief priests and scribes say they witnessed him using super glue to reattach his own ear.

Perfect.

Added:  I went and read it to my husband.  Even better out loud.  We both were practically rolling on the floor with that sentence.

The more I think about it, the funnier it gets.

Edited by Calm
  • 3 weeks later...