Seriously No Politics ×

Charitable giving - how would you feel?

Rain

Our ward is collecting socks, underwear and pajamas at the ward Christmas party for a couple of charities.  

My husband and I teach a primary class.  Our kids are using their own money, earning money, finding money in couch cushions, on the ground etc to put in a Christmas jar on Sundays.  We will use that money and go together as a class to a giving machine and purchase an item there. 

I'm wondering how you would feel if you were in the ward with me if I posted on the ward facebook  page or my on page what my primary kids are doing and asked if people have a penny or nickel in their pockets or wallets on Sunday to considering giving it to one of the children listed from my class for the Christmas jar/giving machine.

Would this be "another" December charity drive to you?  

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Our ward is collecting socks, underwear and pajamas at the ward Christmas party for a couple of charities.  

My husband and I teach a primary class.  Our kids are using their own money, earning money, finding money in couch cushions, on the ground etc to put in a Christmas jar on Sundays.  We will use that money and go together as a class to a giving machine and purchase an item there. 

I'm wondering how you would feel if you were in the ward with me if I posted on the ward facebook  page or my on page what my primary kids are doing and asked if people have a penny or nickel in their pockets or wallets on Sunday to considering giving it to one of the children listed from my class for the Christmas jar/giving machine.

Would this be "another" December charity drive to you?  

I think this would be wonderful!